HP Mobile Printing
Step 1Select your device Modify
Step 2Network connection Modify
Step 3Location of printer Modify
First, pick your device and we'll show you how
- iPod touch®
- All AndroidTM–based devices
- HP Slate devices
- Windows 8 tablets
- Microsoft Surface
- HP Elitepads
- Google Chrome
- Chrome OS
- Kindle Fire HDX
- Kindle Fire HD
Can't find your smartphone or tablet? Check out our support page
Find your perfect HP printer
Browse some of our favourite HP printers that make mobile printing a breeze.See all HP printers
HP DeskJet 3632 All-in-One Printer
- Stay connected with the easiest way to print from your smartphone or tablet2.
- Quickly print, scan, and copy—right out of the box—and keep free of clutter with a space-saving design.
HP ENVY 5540
- Get premium printing in a sleek design.
that looks elegant in any setting.
- Print wirelessly from your smartphone, tablet, and Internet-connected PC.2
- Get premium printing in a sleek design.
HP Envy 7640
- Print from your smartphone or tablet, share wirelessly,2 scan & copy with ease.
- Easy photo printing—keep paper loaded and ready, plus use convenient memory card slots to walk up and print.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8720
- Manage costs with affordable,
- Speed through print jobs, using
superfast two-sided printing
or two-sided scanning.
- Easily print from your smartphone,
tablet, or notebook PC2 —and
maintain privacy with our new Print Forward Design.
- Manage costs with affordable,
HP Colour LaserJet Pro M377dw
- Impressive performance at a great value, plus comprehensive built in security features.
- Make the most of your workspace with this compact MFP that’s the smallest in HPs class.
- Easily print from mobile devices, print wirelessly, and stay connected using Ethernet capabilities2.
HP PageWide Pro 477dw
- Get best in class speeds and the lowest total cost of ownership8.
- Professional-quality colour plus added security features and great energy efficiency9.
- Print from your mobile device with Wi-Fi Direct® and NFC touch-to-print technology—no network needed2.
Get more from mobile printing
Always be ready to print
Receive alerts when your ink and toner levels are low and easily reorder with the free HP SureSupply app.4
One app, all the features
The HP All-in-One Printer Remote app puts the control in your hands, helping you remotely monitor and order supplies, transform your single-function printer into an MFP that scans and copies, and easily capture and upload documents to the cloud.
©HP Development Company, L.P. The Information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Warranties for HP products and services are set out in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. In addition, our products and services come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. Subject to the foregoing, nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
* Estimated Australian retail prices. Actual prices may vary.
1. Local printing requires mobile device and printer to be on the same network or have a direct wireless connection prior to printing. Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from access point. Wireless operations are compatible with 2.4 GHz operations only. Remote printing requires an internet connection. App or software and HP ePrint account registration may also be required. Wireless broadband use requires separately purchased service contract for mobile devices. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in your area.
2. Requires a wireless access point and an Internet connection to the printer. Services require registration. App availability varies by country, language and agreements. For details, http://www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter.
3. Compared with HP 564 ink cartridges. For more information, see http://www.hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies. High-capacity cartridges not included; please purchase separately.
4. Compatible with Android 2.0 and later operating systems, and iOS 4.3 and later operating systems. Mobile device and printer must be connected to the same network to access approximate cartridge levels. iOS devices must have app open to receive alerts. Retailer availability and participation may vary by country.
5. Requires an Internet connection to the printer. Feature works with any connected Internet- and email-capable device. Requires HP Web Services Account Registration. Print times may vary. For a list of supported documents and image types, see http://www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter.
6. After first set of ISO test pages. For more information, see hp.com/go/printerclaims.
7. HP OfficeJet Pro 8700 Series: Cost Per Page (CPP) claim is based on comparing the top 10 equivalent colour laser MFPs <$500 AUD RRP, representing 85% of the total units sold between January to December 2015 as reported by IDC as of Q4 2015. CPP comparisons relate to HP 955XL series cartridges and are based on manufacturers published AUD RRP and ISO yields for highest capacity cartridges. For more information see www.hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies.
8. Total cost of ownership (TCO) comparison based on 90,000 pages for PageWide Pro; manufacturers’ published specs for page yields; RRP for hardware, supplies and long-life consumables; and cost per page based on ISO yield with continuous printing in default mode with highest-capacity cartridges. Comparisons are based on the top 12 equivalent colour business printers and MFPs $400–$1000 AUD RRP, representing 75% of the total units sold between January to December 2015 as reported by IDC as of Q4 2015. Yield based on ISO 24711 cartridge yields for HP 976Y Extra High Yield Original PageWide Cartridges, which are not included in printer purchase; purchase separately. Comparison based on ISO 24711 cartridge yields for HP 976Y Extra High Yield Original PageWide Cartridges compared with HP 970 series Original PageWide cartridges. Extra-high-yield cartridges are compatible only with HP PageWide Pro 500 series MFPs and printers. HP 970X High Yield Original PageWide Cartridges are not included in printer purchase; purchase separately. Comparison based on ISO 24711 cartridge yields for HP 970 series High Yield Original PageWide Cartridges compared with HP 970 series Original PageWide Cartridges. High-yield cartridges are compatible only with HP PageWide Pro 400 and 500 series MFPs and printers. Learn more at www.hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies. The TCO calculation does not account/include energy consumption cost.
9. HP PageWide energy efficiency: Energy claim based on the HP PageWide Technology array life cycle assessment (LCA) results. LCA of HP PageWide Technology array commissioned by HP and conducted by PE International as of February 2016. \
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Follow the steps below to determine if you can connect to the same wireless network as your printer
Find out the name of the network your printer is on
From the front display of your printer, select the wireless button to show the name of the network, aka SSID that the printer is connected to.
Connect your mobile device to the same network as your printer
From your mobile device, go to your Wi-Fi settings, find and connect to the same network and you are ready to print.
Unable to connect to the printer's network?
If your printer is not network connected or you cannot access the printer's network, you may still be able to connect directly to your printer via HP wirless direct with your mobile device.
Need more help? Check out the FAQs for mobile printing on devices