HP Australia is once again named “High Performer” in 2014 Annual Reporting of our Environmental Packaging Initiatives.
HP aims to have our industry’s most efficient and sustainable packaging designs. We continually innovate to use less material, optimize shipping densities, and utilize recycled and recyclable materials—reducing the GHG emissions and raw materials use associated with packaging and product transportation. Our packaging innovations contribute to reducing the environmental footprint of HP products. We apply six principles to our packaging activities:
- Remove substances of concern when lower impact alternatives are readily available—see Materials
- Reduce the amount of packaging material used per product, compared with its predecessor
- Design packaging for reuse where feasible, enabling retailers, distributors, and enterprise customers to return packaging materials to HP or redeploy the materials for future shipments
- Increase the proportion of recycled content in our packaging
- Replace hard-to-recycle materials with more easily recycled substitutes
- Influence vendors to increase use of recycled fiber content and sustainably harvested fiber in our paper-based packaging