HP Launches Consumer Notebook PCs Reflecting New Design Philosophy
SHANGHAI -- HP today unveiled HP Pavilion notebook PCs that include enhanced features and reflect the company’s new HP Mosaic design approach.
The company also unveiled the HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One printer, featuring HP wireless direct printing(1) and HP ePrint, enabling users to print from virtually anywhere.(2)
- For stylish on-the-go computing, the HP Pavilion m6 is the ideal balance of mobility, performance and entertainment wrapped in a sleek, brushed silver aluminum design.
- The redesigned HP Pavilion dv-series and g-series notebook PCs offer performance in a simple yet distinct and colorful design.
- For users that want to balance affordable printing and brilliant quality at home, the HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One is a compact, web-connected all-in-one printer for the home.
The new HP Mosaic design approach, reflected in its new HP Pavilion notebooks, is an extension of the company’s MUSE (materials, usability, sensory appeal and experience) design philosophy.
The Mosaic design fuses together the multifaceted elements of MUSE, including rich colors, premium materials and purposeful shapes, to form one comprehensive design language that spans the consumer notebook portfolio. Similar to a mosaic art piece, each HP notebook series represents a small piece of the canvas that, when combined, builds into a beautiful picture of the HP product family.
“Featuring precise lines and tapered profiles, the new HP Pavilion notebook portfolio evokes dynamic energy and movement,” said Stacy Wolff, vice president, Design, Personal Systems Group, HP. “These notebooks utilize premium materials that are rich to the eye and to the touch, delivering unique sensory experiences.”
HP Pavilion m6—sized for life on the go
With a large display packed into a super-slim design, the HP Pavilion m6 is the notebook users will want with them all day. Movies and games come to life on the15.6-inch diagonal LED backlit high-definition(3) (HD) BrightView display, and rich audio is made possible with Beats Audio™, dual speakers and subwoofer.
The brushed-aluminum HP Pavilion m6 can achieve up to eight hours of battery life(4) and features the latest Intel and AMD processors, an optional backlit keyboard and discrete graphics for running the most demanding tasks without pauses or interruptions.
The HP Pavilion m6 is also loaded with HP innovations. HP CoolSense technology automatically adjusts performance and internal fan settings for a noticeably cooler PC, and HP ProtectSmart locks the hard drive to protect photos, music and memories in case the notebook is accidentally dropped. Optional HP SimplePass remembers passwords and provides easy access to online accounts with the swipe of a finger, and the HP TrueVision HD Webcam provides brighter and cleaner HD(3) images.
HP Pavilion dv-series notebook PCs—powerful yet graceful
With a tapered chassis, slim top view and infinity waterfall edge—all inspired by kinetic energy—the new HP Pavilion dv6 and dv7 boast a metal finish, and the HP Pavilion dv4 is available in black licorice, linen white and carmine red.
Coupled with a soft-touch panel at the base of the display cover, the sleek HP Pavilion dv6 and dv7 conform comfortably to the hand, making the notebooks easy to hold.
A speaker bar integrated into the display enhances the HP dv-series’ Beats Audio experience, projecting audio directly toward the user.
The HP Pavilion dv6 and dv7 also include HP CoolSense, HP ProtectSmart, HP TrueVision HD Webcam and HP SimplePass.
Optional NVIDIA GeForce notebook graphics processing units also are available on the HP Pavilion dv line and help deliver amazing visual gaming and multimedia experiences.
HP Pavilion g-series notebook PCs—simple yet distinct
The redesigned HP Pavilion g6 and g7 feature curved, beveled edges with elements of precision. A bowl-shape keyboard deck and textured touchpad further define the series’ distinct form.
The HP Pavilion g-series features audio that is enhanced with both design and functional elements. A chrome strip bordering the speaker serves as a visual cue for audio, while the exposed speaker bar provides great sound projection.
The HP Pavilion g-series will be available in ruby red, linen white, sparkling black, winter blue and bright purple.
HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One—print from any web-connected device
The HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One enables users to print from wireless-enabled mobile devices—without a network—using HP wireless direct printing.(1) It also offers the latest web-connected printing technologies, such as print apps(5) from DreamWorks and Coupons.com, and HP ePrint, which enables users to print from virtually anywhere.(2)
The printer has four individual ink cartridges that produce lab-quality photos, and it enables everyday documents to be scanned directly to email without a PC.(6) ENERGY STAR® qualified, the HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One helps conserve resources with automatic two-sided printing and copying.
Pricing and availability(7)
- HP Pavilion m6 will be available this summer at Best Buy, BestBuy.com and HP Direct with pricing to be determined.
- HP Pavilion dv4, dv6 and dv7 are expected to be available in the United States on June 20 with starting prices of $549.99, $549.99 and $799.99, respectively.
- HP Pavilion g6 and g7 are expected to be available in the United States on July 25 with starting prices of $449.99 and $499.99, respectively.
- The Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One is expected to be available in the United States in June for $99.
(1) Not available on all printers. Mobile device must be wireless-enabled. Printer must be HP ePrint-enabled. Feature may require driver or apps, available for download at www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter.
(2) Requires an internet connection to the printer. Feature works with any connected internet- and email-capable device. Requires HP Web Services Account Registration. Print times may vary. A list of supported documents and image types is available at www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter. Additional solutions are available at www.hp.com/go/mobile-printing-solutions.
(3) HD content required to view HD images.
(4) Battery life will vary depending on the product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality and power-management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. Additional details are available at MobileMark07 battery benchmark.
(5) Requires a wireless access point and an internet connection to the printer. Services may require registration. Availability varies by printer device and settings, country, language and agreements. Details are available at www.hp.com/go/ePrintCenter.
(6) Compatible with most popular email services. Additional information is available at www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter.
(7) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
ENERGY STAR is a registered mark owned by the U.S. government.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations, including execution of cost reduction programs and restructuring and integration plans; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP’s intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; expectations and assumptions relating to the execution and timing of cost reduction programs and restructuring and integration plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended January 31, 2012 and HP’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2011. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2012 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.au.