HP Enables Organizations to Better Prepare for Attacks
PALO ALTO, Calif. — HP today announced a new set of security services that help organizations respond to, remediate and mitigate the impact of security breaches as they occur.
Security breaches are increasingly disruptive to organizations and can significantly damage an organization’s reputation and destroy shareholder value. The cost implications of these breaches can be huge and often expose organizations to litigation. According to a recent study conducted by the Ponemon Institute, the average data breach event in the United States costs an organization $8.9 million.(1)
The HP Security Breach Management Solution combines HP’s services expertise with security intelligence software to offer clients a comprehensive approach to protect what matters most to their organizations. It provides clients with the security intelligence to more quickly identify a breach and react to it, as well as minimize its impact and reduce ongoing exposure from vulnerabilities.
“It’s nearly impossible for organizations to prevent a breach, but they can take control of how they respond,” said Andrzej Kawalec, chief technology officer, Enterprise Security Services, HP. “Combining HP’s portfolio of services and software, the HP Breach Management Solution arms clients with the tools and resources to monitor, manage and respond to breaches head on, minimizing their impact while readying for the next attack.”
Accelerate response times to protect what matters
The HP Security Breach Management Solution features the new HP Forensic Readiness Service, which helps clients get ahead of attacks before they occur. Leveraging the knowledge of experienced HP consultants, the service helps organizations proactively establish policies and procedures surrounding forensic investigations. As a result, clients are equipped with the resources to quickly gather the best-quality digital evidence in the event of an attack and can apply these policies and procedures to gather and document evidence when the next attack occurs.
HP Forensic Readiness Service enables clients to:
- Assess current policies and procedures for breach investigation to develop a plan detailing activities, timelines and potential technologies that organizations should consider to improve their forensic readiness.
- Establish an appropriate forensic readiness policy to create a systematic, standardized and legal basis for the admissibility of digital evidence that may be required in the event of a formal legal dispute.
- Understand how to best handle forensic investigations and gather digital evidence in the event an incident does occur.
Regain control during a breach
The HP Security Breach Management Solution features services that span the entire security life cycle, ranging from proactive planning and risk management strategies to immediate response measures. Together, these offerings provide a holistic approach to breach management and enable clients to reduce security-related costs, gain greater control of the situation and lower their exposure to risk.
With HP Security Breach Management Solution, clients can:
- Contain attacks immediately with HP Breach Response Service, which provides 24/7 expert monitoring to detect and respond to intrusions. In the event of a breach, HP dispatches a team of security professionals to the client’s location to assess and investigate the breach and provide recommendations for reducing exposure to future vulnerabilities.
- Develop a clear set of processes and policies for the collection and analysis of evidence following security incidents with HP Digital Forensic Services.
- Adhere to regulatory compliance for use in legal investigations and audits following an incident by leveraging HP e-Disclosure and e-Discovery Services, which help organizations develop tight policies and processes for capturing and logging data.
- Collect, log, sort and filter relevant security events with HP Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) Services, which leverage HP ArcSight offerings, to enable IT security operations to identify threats and protect systems against them.
- Mitigate the consequences of data loss or deletion through designing and implementing processes for backup and recovery with HP Data Recovery Services.
Additional information about the HP Security Breach Management Solution is available at www.hp.com/services/security-breach-management.
Pricing and availability
The HP Security Breach Management Solution is a set of services than can be purchased separately. All services are, or will soon be, available worldwide, and pricing is based on consultancy hours.
HP’s premier Americas client event, HP Discover, takes place June 10-12 in Las Vegas.
(1) The Ponemon Institute (sponsored by HP), “Cost of Cyber Crime Study,” December 2012.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; assumptions related to pension and other post-retirement costs and retirement programs; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2012. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2013 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software. IT infrastructure at the convergence of the cloud and connectivity, creating seamless, secure, context-aware experiences for a connected world. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com