HP Builds on Leading Business Tablet Portfolio with New, Ultra-mobile ElitePad and ProPad
BARCELONA, Spain — HP today announced two additions to its leading business tablet lineup, both of which are available with a broad set of accessories to help transform tablets into total business solutions that increase mobility and security.
- The HP ElitePad 1000 has been upgraded with a brighter and more durable touch screen with a 16:10 screen-aspect ratio, 4G connectivity(1) and 64-bit capabilities to go along with its world-class design and HP Smart Jacket accessory ecosystem.
- The new HP ProPad 600 offers essential productivity with on-the-go, long battery life, and versatile Windows 8.1 and x86 compatibility for legacy applications.(2)
HP also launched the HP TX1 POS Solution, a sleek yet durable HP ProPad based point-of-sale (POS) solution that bolsters HP’s world-class portfolio of retail solutions for tablets that help businesses deliver a secure and simple retail experience to their customers.
Tablets have taken a central role in business with 21 percent of employees requesting a tablet from their IT managers.(3) The changing nature of work—including an increasingly diverse, tech-savvy workforce and the evolution of the traditional workplace—has led to growing demand for light, flexible, powerful mobile devices such as HP tablets that both support a work/life blend and lock in to an organization’s IT infrastructure for manageability and increased security.
“Our tablets and mobile ecosystem continue to evolve to meet the growing transformation of the workplace,” said Enrique Lores, senior vice president and general manager, Commercial PCs, HP. “The line between work and life has blurred to the point that it’s now a true blend, where employees increasingly require stylish, business-ready mobile devices that don’t make any sacrifices to productivity, reliability or security.”
HP ElitePad: The premier business tablet
The sleek, new HP ElitePad business tablet features Windows 8.1 and 64-bit x86 compatibility to allow businesses to adapt to changing business needs and stay competitive. HP’s thinnest tablet ever—just 9.2 mm thin and weighing 1.5 pounds—the HP ElitePad is elegantly designed with a stunning direct-bonded 10.1-inch diagonal Widescreen Ultra Extended Graphics Array (WUXGA) multitouch panel that is outdoor viewable. This is mated with a durable, scratch-resistant, antismudge, easy-to-clean Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3 display screen. Staying productive while on the move is made even easier with an optional Qualcomm® GobiTM 4G LTE modem, a product of Qualcomm Technologies Inc. The HP ElitePad also features a CNC-machined aluminum unibody chassis that is engineered to withstand MIL-STD 810G testing(4) and up to 115,000 hours of reliability testing through the HP Total Test Process.
The HP ElitePad is backed by a complete accessory ecosystem that ensures maximum productivity, security and ease of use. HP Smart Jackets such as the Expansion Jacket can extend battery life while expanding connectivity options, and the Productivity Jacket offers a substantial productivity boost with a built-in keyboard, USB ports, an adjustable stand and more. HP Smart Jackets also offer a customizable tablet experiences for specific business uses. This includes a Security Jacket with multifactor user authentication through smart card support and a fingerprint reader to prevent unauthorized access, and a Retail POS Jacket, which is included in the HP MX10 Retail Solution.
IT managers can rest easy giving employees a tablet that fits seamlessly into the existing IT environment with enterprise-ready HP Client Management, which provides the flexibility to use optional industry-leading management solutions from LANDesk, Microsoft and others. Business data stays secure with enterprise-level security features including HP Client Security, HP BIOS and the optional HP Security Smart Jacket. Plus, with the optional HP ElitePad Service Tool,(5) the HP ElitePad becomes fully self-serviceable so businesses can keep sensitive data and devices in-house—and save both time and money.
HP ProPad: Everything business needs, everywhere business happens
The new HP ProPad is built for businesses whose employees spend as much time out of the office as in it. No matter how long the day gets or where work takes them, employees can stay productive with the latest Intel® Atom Quad-Core Processor,(6) long battery life, Windows 8.1,(3) preloaded HP apps and up to 64 GB of storage—plus a microSD expansion slot for 32 GB(7) more space. The HP ProPad also will be backed by a growing accessory ecosystem, starting with the HP TX1 POS Solution, which gives employees a customized, productive tablet experience.
The HP ProPad is a connectivity hub featuring Bluetooth 4.0 and integrated HP ePrint software,(8) allowing users to remain productive no matter where they work. In the office, employees can share files, photos and videos with the built-in micro-HDMI and a stunning 10-inch high-res WUXGA Corning Gorilla Glass display,(9) or share to a wireless display via Miracast.(10)
The HP ProPad also includes security features to keep business running smoothly. Microsoft Defender provides enhanced protection against virus attacks and other threats, while a software-based TPM(11) solution protects against identity theft and certificate-based hacks.
HP TX1 POS Solution: Take business to the next level.
The HP ProPad is supported by a range of accessories led by the HP TX1 POS Solution, a sleek tablet-based offering designed for small business retailers—including hospitality and restaurant retailers. The HP TX1 includes a sturdy stand that securely holds the tablet upright, turns and tilts with ease to capture a customer’s signature and can be easily detached to take the tablet on the go, along with other essential accessories to complete sales transactions professionally yet comfortably.
In addition, businesses can integrate the full functionality of the Windows 8.1 HP ProPad, as well as other business productivity applications, seamlessly and securely. Plus, the HP TX1 POS Solution is backed by HP’s hardware warranty to give businesses peace of mind so the focus can be on growing the business.
Pricing and availability
- The HP ElitePad is expected to be available in March for a starting price of $739.(12)
- The HP ProPad is expected to be available in April. Pricing will be set closer to availability.
- The HP TX1 POS Solution is expected to be available May. Pricing will vary by configuration.
(1) 4G LTE module is optional and requires separately purchased wireless service contract. Check with provider for availability and coverage in a specific area. Connection speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions and other factors.
(2) Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 8.1. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers and/or software to take full advantage of Windows 8.1 functionality. See microsoft.com.
(3) Vertic, 2012
(4) MIL STD testing is pending and is not intended to demonstrate fitness for U.S. Department of Defense contract requirements or for military use. Test results are not a guarantee of future performance under these test conditions
(5) Requires purchase of HP service tool. Additional information about HP’s self-maintainer program for customers located in the United States and Canada is available at www.hp.com/partners/SMprogram. Customers in Latin America, EMEA and Asia Pacific can work directly with their sales account representative to understand what self-repair program options may be available.
(6) Quad core is a new technology designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology.
(7) Up to 32 GB of expandable storage. MicroSD card sold separately. For Solid State Drives (SSD), GB = 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 10 GB of system disk is reserved for system recovery software.
(8) Requires an internet connection to HP web-enabled printer and HP ePrint account registration (a list of eligible printers, supported documents and image types, and other HP ePrint details is available at hp.com/go/eprintcenter).
(9) High-definition (HD) content is required to view HD images. Resolutions are dependent upon monitor capability, and resolution and color depth settings.
(10) Miracast compliant devices are tested to operate with Miracast routers. Utilization requires proximity to a Miracast router, which is not included with the purchase of this tablet.
(11) A subset of the TPM 2.0 specification version v0.89 as implemented by Intel Platform Trust Technology (PTT).
(12) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary. Pricing and availability for U.S. only. Global pricing and availability upon request.
Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. Intel and Atom are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. Bluetooth is a trademark of its proprietor and used by Hewlett-Packard Company under license. Qualcomm is a registered trademark of Qualcomm Incorporated. Used under license.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the need to address the many challenges facing HP’s businesses; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; risks associated with executing HP’s strategy and plans for future operations; the impact of macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the need to manage third-party suppliers and the distribution of HP’s products and services effectively; the protection of HP’s intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; risks associated with HP’s international operations; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its suppliers, customers, clients and partners; the hiring and retention of key employees; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2013, and that are otherwise described or updated from time to time in HP’s Securities and Exchange Commission reports. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2014 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.au.