HP Enhances Value for Vertica Big Data Analytics Platform with New Community Marketplace
PALO ALTO, Calif. — HP today launched the HP Vertica Marketplace, an online destination for developers, HP Vertica users and technology partners to create and sell innovative big data analytics solutions built for the HP Vertica Analytics Platform.
The HP Vertica Marketplace provides a hub for developers, partners and customers to create and share extensions, enhancements and solutions that integrate with, and enhance the value of, the HP Vertica Analytics Platform. These add-ons and solutions include connectors and third-party extensions, business intelligence tools, Extract Transform and Load (ETL) and data transformation products, connectors and tools for HP HAVEn Big Data analytics platform, as well as industry and other original equipment manufacturer (OEM) solutions.
In addition, the HP Vertica Marketplace includes the latest solutions from HP Vertica’s innovations incubation program, allowing users to create cutting-edge big data applications.
“Our rapidly growing community of customers, partners and developers are building vertical and horizontal solutions on, and creating new add-on capabilities to, Vertica every day,” said Colin Mahony, vice president and general manager, Vertica, HP. “The HP Marketplace provides a place where our community can share and market their capabilities to help other organizations and developers fuel further innovation.”
With the HP Vertica Marketplace, developers and companies can:
- Gain value from 100 percent of information—spanning structured, semistructured and unstructured data—through connectors and extensions that store, manage and analyze big data. This includes integration with the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) and HP HAVEn Big Data analytics platform, including the HP Autonomy IDOL platform.
- Get business insights from big data with flexible plug-ins and extensions to integrate and visualize users’ data, including business intelligence (BI) and data visualization tools and products.
- Capitalize on shared intelligence by engaging developers in both the HP Vertica Marketplace and Community via a social interface that allows users to pose questions, interact with subject matter experts and review previous discussions, as all questions are cataloged and searchable.
HP Vertica incubation program
HP Vertica Marketplace members also will gain access to the latest innovations from HP Vertica through its incubation program. These new technologies and solutions will be available for developers to evaluate and provide feedback, helping guide future development.
New innovations include:
- HP Vertica Distributed R, which helps data scientists overcome the scalability and performance limitations of R programming language and tackle problems not previously solvable by accelerating the analysis of large data sets by running R computations on multiple nodes.
- HP Vertica Pulse, which helps organizations leverage an in-database sentiment analysis tool that scores short data posts, including social data, such as Twitter feeds or product reviews, to gauge the most popular topics of interest, analyze how sentiment changes over time and identify advocates and detractors.
- HP Vertica Place, which stores and analyzes geospatial data in real time, including locations, networks and regions. This analytics pack provides Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) standards–based functionality and integrates with third-party applications.
The HP Vertica Analytics Platform is a key component of the HP HAVEn Big Data analytics platform, which enables HP customers and partners to create next-generation applications and solutions that accelerate the monetization of big data. HP HAVEn combines proven technologies including HP Autonomy IDOL, HP Vertica Analytics Platform, HP ArcSight Enterprise Security Manager and HP ArcSight Logger, as well as key industry offerings such as Hadoop.
HP's premier America’s client event, HP Discover, takes place June 10-12 in Las Vegas.
Pricing and availability
This news advisory contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the need to address the many challenges facing HP’s businesses; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; risks associated with executing HP’s strategy; the impact of macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the need to manage third party suppliers and the distribution of HP’s products and services effectively; the protection of HP’s intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; risks associated with HP’s international operations; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its suppliers, customers and partners; the hiring and retention of key employees; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 30, 2013. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2014 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2015 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.