HP to Address How “Thinking Like a Bad Guy” Can Improve Security at HP Protect 2014
PALO ALTO, Calif. — HP today announced the lineup of keynote speakers and technically focused breakout sessions for its annual enterprise security user conference, HP Protect 2014, taking place Sept. 8-11 in Washington, D.C.
HP Protect 2014 will bring together nearly 1,500 security professionals to network, collaborate and share intelligence around disrupting the adversary and mitigating risk. In addition to keynote presentations, attendees will have the opportunity to select from nearly 150 technical breakout sessions led by HP executives and industry experts to gain insight into the latest trends in application, information, network and payment security.
HP Protect 2014 general session and federal executive track
At the general session on Tuesday, Sept. 9, from 9 to 11 a.m. ET, HP and industry experts will discuss the latest trends in security software and the most serious vulnerabilities and threats facing the industry. Speakers will include:
- Art Gilliland, senior vice president and general manager, Enterprise Security Products, HP, will draw from more than 15 years of experience in the enterprise security industry to discuss what it means to “think like a bad guy,” as well as which attacks are having the most impact across the industry today.
- Brian Krebs, an investigative reporter and author of KrebsonSecurity.com, is a recognized authority on cybersecurity. A reporter for The Washington Post from 1995 to 2009, he is known for breaking stories about high-profile security breaches, including those at Neiman Marcus and Target.
- Kevin Poulsen, award-winning journalist, contributing editor at WIRED magazine and author of Kingpin—How One Hacker Took Over the Billion Dollar Cyber Crime Underground, is credited with breaking news of the arrest of U.S. service member Chelsea Manning for leaking hundreds of thousands of documents to WikiLeaks.
Attendees will also hear from HP Enterprise Security executives, researchers, customers and partners, including:
- HP ArcSight executives, representing the industry-leading security information and event management (SIEM) solution, will discuss the challenges of protecting sensitive data in complex network environments. Sessions will also cover developments across the portfolio and implications across various industries.
- HP Atalla executives, who provide cryptography and key management solutions, will discuss the latest trends in data protection, as well as the portfolio’s information protection strategy and product roadmap.
- HP Fortify executives will help attendees answer critical questions about their organization’s application security, and explain the importance of building security into code development practices.
- HP TippingPoint executives will cover innovative methods for detecting and blocking advanced threats, including botnets, malware and worms using best-practice configurations.
- HP Security Research will share firsthand intelligence on emerging adversaries, demonstrate the latest in security research techniques and discuss key issues like security education, training and how to think like a hacker.
Additional information about the conference is available at HP Protect. Additional information about HP Enterprise Security solutions is available at www.hpenterprisesecurity.com. Follow us on Twitter @HPsecurity.
© 2014 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.