- For Home
- For Business
- Has unpredictable data growth resulted in management complexity and risk? Are deduplication technologies resulting in data silos? HP StoreOnce Backup systems with StoreOnce Catalyst software provide a consistent, high-performance scale-out backup architecture that spans the entire enterprise.
Now you can reduce the amount of backup data you need to store by 95% and choose between powerful dedicated appliances for larger offices and data centers, and flexible VMware virtual machines for smaller and remote offices.
Industry leading backup and restore speeds mean that you can meet shrinking backup windows and recovery SLAs. Plus, with HP StoreOnce as the industry’s only federated deduplication technology, you can dedupe anywhere and control the movement of dehydrated data across the enterprise using your backup application. Seamlessly integrating with your current backup applications, StoreOnce Backup provides flexible integration for both SAN and virtualized environments.
Industry-leading, Scale-out Architecture and Price Performance to Match Enterprise Requirements
- Scale-out architecture allows you to pay as you grow. Choose capacity points available through virtual backup solutions or dedicated appliances that start small and allow you to add in virtual capacity, shelves or nodes as needed.
- With a range of capacity points to suit all requirements from small remote offices to enterprise data centers with centralized monitoring through StoreOnce Enterprise Manager.
- For enterprise data centers the StoreOnce 6500 scales from 120TB raw (72 TB usable) to 2240 TB raw (1728 TB usable).
- For mid-size data centers or regional offices choose from StoreOnce 4500 or 4700 and scale from 24 TB raw (16 TB usable) to 192 TB raw (160 TB usable), or the StoreOnce 4900 to scale from 60 TB raw (36 TB usable) to 560 TB raw (432 TB usable).
- For small and remote offices choose the StoreOnce VSA VMWare virtual appliance to scale between 1 and 10 TBs, or the entry level StoreOnce 2700 appliance for 8 TB raw (5.5 TB usable).
Federated Deduplication Across the Enterprise with a Single Deduplication Technology - StoreOnce
- Deduplicate anywhere -- at the application source or at the backup server or at the target appliance. Deduplicate where it makes sense for your business, not where technology vendors’ limitations mandate.
- Save time and money by moving data around the enterprise in its deduplicated state.
- HP StoreOnce delivers a unified solution for seamless data movement across the enterprise; with cost-effective virtual backup machines ideal for smaller remote offices, high-performance dedicated appliances for larger sites, and highly scalable, powerful systems for your data center.
- Federated Deduplication is available across the HP StoreOnce Backup portfolio – including dedicated appliances, virtual backup solutions, and on media servers and application servers with HP Data Protector, Symantec NetBackup and Backup Exec software through OST, Oracle RMAN and BridgeHead software.
- All HP StoreOnce Backup systems are built with RAID protection and available with HP StoreOnce Security Pack delivering data-at-rest encryption and secure delete to prevent unauthorized access to data on lost, stolen or discarded disk.
Backup within your Window with our Industry Leading Backup and Restore Performance
- A broad range of superior price/performance points to meet backup windows across the enterprise.
- Up to 139 TB/hour backup speeds at the high-end, with StoreOnce 6500 and StoreOnce Catalyst.
- Up to 22 TB/hour with StoreOnce 4900, or up to 22 TB/hour with StoreOnce 4700, or up to 9.9 TB/hour with StoreOnce 4500 and StoreOnce Catalyst.
- Up to 3.7 TB/hour with StoreOnce 2700 and up to 0.5 TB/hour for StoreOnce VSA with StoreOnce Catalyst.
- HP StoreOnce Backup also delivers rapid restore – HP uniquely states restore speeds at up to 100% of the performance of ingest speeds.
Automated, Efficient Backup and Disaster Recovery Operations with StoreOnce Catalyst
- Manage backup and Disaster Recovery operations from a single pane of glass with StoreOnce Catalyst.
- Implement Disaster Recovery plans that were not previously feasible due to lack of multi-site capabilities, cost of bandwidth and time.
- One-to-many Disaster Recovery moves data simultaneously from one site to many sites.
- Cascaded Disaster Recovery moves data sequentially from one site to any number of other sites.
- Alerting and trending in StoreOnce Enterprise Manager to enable backup capacity management.
- Related Services
- 60TB Raw
- 36TB Useable
- Expandable to 560 TB Raw / 432 TB Useable
- Drive description:
- (15) LFF SAS
- Drive type:
- (15) 4 TB 6G 7.2K LFF Dual-port MDL SAS
- Host interface:
- 8 Gb Fibre Channel (4) and
- 10 GbE (2) and
- 1Gb Ethernet (4)
- Host interface type and number of ports per controller dependent on model.
- Transfer rate:
- 22 TB/hr; Maximum using StoreOnce Catalyst
- Virtual appliance:
- HP StoreOnce deduplication
- Number of virtual tape libraries and NAS targets:
- Tape cartridges emulated (maximum):
- Number of source appliances, maximum:
- Tape device emulated:
- HP LTO-2/LTO-3/LTO-4/LTO 5 Ultrium Tape Drives in MSL2024 Tape Library, MSL4048 Tape Library, HP D2D generic library with HP D2D generic tape library
- Target for backup applications:
- StoreOnce Catalyst, Virtual Tape Library and NAS (CIFS/NFS)
- Storage expansion options:
- StoreOnce 4900 44 TB Capacity Upgrade kit
- RAID support:
- RAID 6
- Replication support:
- Licensed by target available from www.hp.com/go/StoreOnce
- Form factor:
- 7U expands to 12U
Dimensions and weight
Dimensions and weight
- Minimum dimensions (W x D x H):
- 44.7 x 89.12 x 30.83
- 113 kg
- Scale from 60-560TB of RAW disk storage in a 7U to 12U rack-mount form factor offering up to 22 TB/hr performance with StoreOnce Catalyst
- Warranty - year(s) (parts/labor/onsite):
- What's in the box:
- StoreOnce 4900 Backup system, 15 x 4 TB disks, (2) Ethernet cable (Cat 5e) 3m, rack-mount rail kit, (2) power cords, installation poster, HP StoreOnce Backup Documentation CD (contains installation wizard, device drivers, and documentation, all localized in multiple languages)
- Quick Links
- Related Services
Rate & Review HP StoreOnce 4900 60TB Backup Base System
(0.0 average / 0 RATINGS / 0 RECOMMENDS)
Your review has been submitted. Please note that your review may need to be reviewed and may not post immediately Sorry, your review can't be submitted. Please, try again later. rate & write a review
- HP is committed to providing our customers with information about the chemical substances in our products as needed to comply with legal requirements such as REACH (Regulation EC No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council). A chemical information report for this product can be found at: www.hp.com/go/reach.