- For Home
- For Business
- Work smarter – and look good doing it – with an HP ProBook built to perform wherever business takes you. Count on a durable design inside and out, with integrated security and a spill-resistant keyboard. Plus, there’s less bulk to bring with you, thanks to thin, stylish construction.
- Windows 8 Pro or other operating systems available
- Take charge of your workday with the latest technologies like ac band WLAN,1,2 optional hybrid hard drive,1 and 4th generation Intel® Core™ processors.3
- An optional 500 GB1,4 hybrid hard drive offers the storage capacity of a traditional hard drive and the responsiveness of hybrid hard drive.
- Don’t let the office tie you down. Work in more places with high-speed wireless connectivity, including optional ac band WLAN1,2 and Bluetooth® 4.0.1
- You have to be quick. The speed of the latest 4th generation Intel® Core™ i3/i5/i7 processors help you work faster.3
It’s all about connections.
- Easily share your internet connection with up to five devices with HP Wireless Hotspot.6 Help colleagues get online and improve productivity. Print from your PC, smartphone, or tablet from virtually anywhere with HP ePrint.7
- Make the most of virtual conferencing. DTS Sound and an HD webcam8 bring work to life through rich sound and video.9 You’re ready for web chats and conferences with Skype™ pre-configured on your HP ProBook. It’s almost as good as being there.8
Built to perform.
- The power and performance of the HP ProBook is matched by the solid design and elegant finishes.
- Get the technology you trust from HP, with cutting-edge style that looks and feels the way you want.
- Tackle your workload with technology that’s built strong, from the core up. This HP ProBook is made with a tough aluminum reinforced chassis for lightness and durability.
- Help protect sensitive electronics and key components from minor spills with a thin layer of Mylar film in the spill-resistant keyboard.
- HP ProBooks undergo challenging tests so you don’t have to. During the HP Total Test Process, PCs experience 115,000 hours of performance trials to ensure they can withstand rigorous work environments.
Protect your work.
- Stay one step ahead of hacks and attacks. Built-in security safeguards your HP ProBook against viruses, detects possible corruption, and alerts you to unauthorized changes.10
- HP Client Security software suite helps you encrypt your hard drive, 11 permanently delete unwanted or discarded data, restrict unauthorized access, and more.
- Stay up and running. HP BIOS Protection offers enhanced protection against virus attacks and other security threats, and is designed to help prevent data loss and reduce downtime.10
- Prevent data leaks. Device Access Manager with Just in Time Authentication helps prevent data from accidental or malicious transfers to USB devices without your permission.
- No more remembering passwords. HP Password Manager lets you quickly log in to various online accounts.12 Simply log on to Windows and web sites, via HP Password Manager, using the optional fingerprint reader.1,13
1 Sold separately or as an optional feature.
2 Wireless access point and internet access required. Availability of public wireless access points limited. The specifications for the 802.11ac WLAN are draft specifications and are not final. If the final specifications differ from the draft specifications, it may affect the ability of the notebook to communicate with other 802.11ac WLAN devices.
3 Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing on Intel® architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers, and applications enabled for Intel® 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel® 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
4 For hard drives, GB = 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 36 GB of system disk is reserved for system recovery software.
5 The wireless hotspot application requires an active internet connection and separately purchased data plan. While HP wireless hotspot is active, on-device applications will continue to work and will use the same data plan as the wireless hotspot. Wireless hotspot data usage may incur additional charges. Check with your service provider for plan details. Requires Windows.
6 Requires an Internet connection to HP web-enabled printer and HP ePrint account registration (for a list of eligible printers, supported documents and image types and other HP ePrint details, see www.hpconnected.com). Mobile devices require Internet connection and email capability. May require wireless access point. Separately purchased data plans or usage fees may apply. Print times and connection speeds may vary. Some HP LaserJet printers may require firmware upgrades.
7 Optional webcam required.
8 Internet access required.
9 HP Tools partition with an HP BIOS required for automatic recovery.
10 Requires Windows. Data is protected prior to Drive Encryption login. Turning the PC off or into hibernate logs out of Drive Encryption and prevents data access.
11 Requires Internet Explorer IE8 or IE9. Not all websites and applications may be supported.
12 Optional Fingerprint sensor supported in Windows and Linux.
- Operating system
Windows 8 Pro 64
Windows 8 64
Windows 7 Professional (available through downgrade rights from Windows 8 Pro)
Windows 7 Professional 64
Windows 7 Home Premium 64
Windows 7 Home Basic 64
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11
- Processor family
Intel® Core™ i7 processor
Intel® Core™ i5 processor
Intel® Core™ i3 processor
Intel® Celeron® processor
Intel Pentium® Dual-Core processor
Intel® Core™ i7-4702MQ with Intel HD Graphics 4600 (2.2 GHz, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)
Intel® Core™ i5-4200M with Intel HD Graphics 4600 (2.5 GHz, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)
Intel® Core™ i3-4100M with Intel HD Graphics 4600 (2.5 GHz, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)
Intel® Core™ i3-4000M with Intel HD Graphics 4600 (2.4 GHz, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)
Intel® Celeron® 2950M with Intel HD Graphics (2 GHz, 2 MB cache, 2 cores)
Intel® Pentium® 3550M with Intel HD Graphics (2.3 GHz, 2 MB cache, 2 cores)
- Mobile Intel® HM87
- Low halogen
Dimensions and weight
Dimensions and weight
- Dimensions (W x D x H)
- 41.38 x 27.95 x 2.53 cm (at front)
Starting at 2.87 kg
(without optical drive (weight will vary by configuration))
- Memory, maximum
- 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM
- Memory slots:
- 2 SODIMM
- Internal drive
500 GB SATA (7200 rpm)
320 GB up to 1 TB SATA (5400 rpm)
500 GB SATA SSHD (5400 rpm)
- Optical drive
Blu-ray ROM DVD+/-RW SuperMulti DL
DVD+/-RW SuperMulti DL
Display and graphics
Display and graphics
- 17.3" diagonal LED-backlit HD+ anti-glare (1600 x 900)
- Switchable Discrete: AMD Radeon HD 8750M (with 1 or 2 GB dedicated DDR3 video memory)
2 USB 3.0
2 USB 2.0
1 stereo microphone in
1 AC power
- Expansion slots
- 1 Media Card Reader
- DTS Sound+; Integrated stereo speakers; Integrated digital microphone; Dual microphone array
- 720p HD Webcam (select models)
- Full-sized, spill-resistant keyboard with numeric keypad
- Pointing device
- Touchpad with gestures support, on/off button with LED indicator, two-way scroll, two pick buttons
- Network interface
- Realtek Ethernet (10/100/1000)
Mediatek 802.11b/g/n (1x1) and Bluetooth 4.0 Combo
Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (1x1) WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 Combo
Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260AN 802.11a/b/g/n (2x2) WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 Combo (Supports Bluetooth 2.1 on Linux operating systems )
Power and operating requirements
Power and operating requirements
- Energy efficiency
- ENERGY STAR® qualified configurations available
- Power supply
- Discrete: 90W Smart AC adapter; HP Fast Charge (6 cell only)
- Battery type:
- 9-cell (93 WHr) Li-Ion
- 6-cell (47 WHr) Li-Ion
- Battery life
9-cell (93 WHr): Up to 15 hours 15 min
6-cell (47 WHr): Up to 8 hours 15 min
(Battery Life with Windows 7 )
- Security management
Standard: HP Client Security
Security lock slot
Optional: Intel® Anti-Theft (requires a Computrace subscription)
Intel® Indentity Protection
HP Fingerprint reader
HP Wireless Hotspot
HP ePrint, HP Hotkey support
HP Recovery Manager
- Management features
- HP 3D DriveGuard (Windows only)
- HP Services offers limited 3-year, 1-year and 90-day warranty options depending on country; 1-year limited warranty on primary battery. On-site service and warranty upgrades are also available. HP Care Pack Services extend service contracts beyond the standard warranties.
Rate & Review HP ProBook 470 G1 Notebook PC
(0.0 average / 0 RATINGS / 0 RECOMMENDS)
Your review has been submitted. Please note that your review may need to be reviewed and may not post immediately Sorry, your review can't be submitted. Please, try again later. rate & write a review
- Processor type
- All options
- Intel Atom
- Intel Celeron
- Intel Pentium
- Intel Core 2
- Intel Core i3
- Intel Core i5
- Intel Core i7
- AMD Athlon
- AMD Phenom
- AMD V-Series
- AMD Sempron
- AMD Turion
- AMD E-Series
- AMD A4 Series
- AMD A6 Series
- AMD A8 Series
- AMD A10 Series
- Intel Core
- AMD C-Series
- AMD FX Series
- NVIDIA Tegra
- NVIDIA Tegra 4
- Samsung Exynos
- Operating system
- All options
- Chrome OS
- Windows 7 Basic
- Windows 7 Home Basic 32
- Windows 7 Home Basic 64
- Windows 7 Home Premium 32
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64
- Windows 7 Professional 32
- Windows 7 Professional 64
- Windows 7 Starter 32
- Windows 8
- Windows 8 32
- Windows 8 64
- Windows 8 Enterprise
- Windows 8 Enterprise 32
- Windows 8 Enterprise 64
- Windows 8 Pro
- Windows 8 Pro 32
- Windows 8 Pro 64
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8.1 32
- Windows 8.1 64
- Windows 8.1 64 and Android Jelly Bean
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise 32
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64
- Windows 8.1 Pro
- Windows 8.1 Pro 32
- Windows 8.1 Pro 64
- Windows 8.1 Single Language
- Windows Embedded Standard
- Windows Embedded Standard 2009
- Windows Embedded Standard 7
- Windows RT
- Windows Vista Business 32
- Windows Vista Business 64
- Windows Vista Home Basic 32
- Windows Vista Home Premium 32
- Windows Vista Home Premium 64
- Windows XP Home
- Windows XP Professional 32
- Windows XP Tablet PC
- Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers and/or software to take full advantage of Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 functionality. See http://www.microsoft.com.
HP is committed to providing our customers with information about the chemical substances in our products as needed to comply with legal requirements such as REACH (Regulation EC No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council). A chemical information report for this product can be found at: www.hp.com/go/reach.