- For Home
- For Business
- For Home
- For Business
Modular Ethernet Switches
HP 12500 Switch Series
Special offer: Special offers:
- The SDN-enabled HP 12500 Switch Series offers industry leading scalability for enterprise data center cores giving you significantly higher throughput with 24.3 Tbps switching capacity. Along with scalability you get high performance 10/40/100GbE line cards.
With high scalability and performance, the new core switch series extends the value of your installed base and also delivers high availability and resilience with redundant fabrics, power supplies and fan trays. Customers will find great value in Comware 7 advanced features, including IRF, MDC, SPB and EVI.
- The HP 12518E Switch and the HP 12508E Switch provides customers with investment protection and extend the value of their 12500 installed base.
- High performance 10/40/100GbE modules - 48 10GbE, 16 40GbE & 4 100GbE ports
- High scalability with 24.3 Tbps switching capacity.
- Enhanced MDC and IRF capabilities together with SPB, EVI and OpenFlow 1.3.
- Support for DCB/FCoE features for building converged networks.
Industry Leading Large Scalability for Enterprise Data Center Cores
- The HP 12500 Switch Series provides 24.3 Tbps switching capacity by leveraging the latest generation ASICs for outstanding performance and density connectivity to keep you ahead of your competition.
- Enhanced Multitenant Device Context (MDC) for multi-tenancy giving you the ability to virtualize a physical switch into multiple logical devices; each logical switch has its own tenants.
- Ethernet Virtual Interconnect for (EVI) is a virtual application network solution that provides a Layer2 extension across the data center to simplify the interconnectivity of geographically dispersed data centers.
- Two million Forwarding Information Base (FIB) entries provide enhanced scalability.
High-performance Networking Density with 1/10/40 & 100 GbE Connectivity
- The HP 12500 Switch Series offers 1GbE modules with 48 ports, 10GbE modules with the choice of 40 ports or 48 ports, 16-port 40GbE modules and 4-port 100GbE modules that drive network performance while reducing operational expenses.
- High-performance fully distributed architecture delivers up to 24.3 Tb/s switching capacity.
Enterprise Resiliency and High Availability
- The HP 12500 Switch Series supports redundant fabric for optimum network performance and availability while simplifying network operations.
- Hot-swappable and redundant fans and power supplies increase the reliability of the switch while lowering data center energy costs.
- Intelligent Resilient Fabric (IRF) creates virtual resilient switching fabrics where two or more switches perform as a single Layer2 switch and Layer3 router that can be attached using standard LACP for automatic load balancing and high availability.
- Software-defined Networking (SDN) support helps you unleash new levels of automation and efficiency in data center networks.
- 18 open module slots, maximum;Supports a maximum of 864 Gigabit Ethernet ports or 864 10GbE ports or 288 40GbE ports or 72 100GbE ports, or a combination;Depending on model and configuration
- 10.8 Bpps, maximum, depending on model and configuration
- Routing/switching capacity:
- 24.3 Tb/s, maximum, depending on model and configuration
- Management features:
- IMC - Intelligent Management Center
- command-line interface
- out-of-band management (serial RS-232C)
- SNMP Manager
- in-line and out-of-band
- terminal interface (serial RS-232C)
- modem interface
Primary port type
Maximum number of ports
- HP is committed to providing our customers with information about the chemical substances in our products as needed to comply with legal requirements such as REACH (Regulation EC No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council). A chemical information report for this product can be found at: www.hp.com/go/reach.