- For Home
- For Business
- For Home
- For Business
- The HP 5820 Switch Series provides a versatile and high-performance, 1/10GbE top-of-rack, data center switch architecture that offers deployment flexibility. With a choice of models that supports high performance and low latency, you can deploy switches that are best suited to your needs.
The series uses Intelligent Resilient Fabric (IRF) to simplify switch management by as much as 88%. It delivers <50 msec convergence time.
You can rely on the 5820 Switch Series to deliver high performance and lower total cost of ownership (TCO), while providing business resilience and high-availability.
- New Comware 7 modular network operating system with ISS resiliency.
- IRF support of nine switches simplifies management.
- OpenFlow and SDN automate manual tasks and speed service delivery.
Versatile Data Center Switches
The HP 5820 Switch Series is available in several models offering flexible 10GbE and 1/10GbE deployments designed for the top-of-rack within the data center.
Models offer 14 or 24 ports for high-performance applications.
Provides an RJ45, SFP+ server connectivity, and expansion slot for application modules.
High-Performance Gigabit Data Center Switching
The HP 5820 Switch Series delivers 488 Gbps switching capacity.
The HP 5820 Switch Series supports as much as 363 mpps throughput.
Low latency for cut-through and store-and-forward traffic, 2.02µs using 64 bytes packets.
Business Agility and Resilience with Comware 7
The HP 5820 Switch Series delivers IRF <50 msec convergence time enabling faster applications response time.
The In Service Software Update (ISSU) enables high-availability with updates accomplished without a reboot or power cycle, in the background.
Full L2/L3 feature set with IPv4/IPv6 dual stack.
Simplicity and Lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
The HP 5820 Switch Series uses IRF to simplify switch management.
No extra hidden cost with simple one license per switch for all L2/L3 OS features.
Simpler management using HP Intelligent Management Center (IMC) Software that delivers a single display for ease of management.
Automate tedious tasks with Software-defined Networking (SDN) and reclaim wasted resources.
- (24) fixed 1000/10000 SFP+ ports, (4) 10/100/1000 ports maximum, depending on configuration
- 363 mpps maximum, depending on configuration
- Routing/switching capacity:
- 488 Gbps maximum, depending on configuration
- Stacking capabilities:
- With 9 switches
- Management features:
- Imc - intelligent management center
- Command-line interface
- Web browser
- Snmp manager
- HP is committed to providing our customers with information about the chemical substances in our products as needed to comply with legal requirements such as REACH (Regulation EC No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council). A chemical information report for this product can be found at: www.hp.com/go/reach.