- For Home
- For Business
Modular Ethernet Switches
HP 10500 Switch Series
Special Offer: Special Offers:
- The HP 10500 Switch Series sets a new benchmark for performance, reliability, and scalability with a next-generation Clos architecture. Designed for enterprise campus core networks, the HP 10500 Switch Series enables a cloud-connected and media-rich capable infrastructure.
The 10500 series provides industry-leading 10GbE/40GbE port density, 3-microsecond latency, and very low energy consumption. With HP Intelligent Resilient Framework (IRF) technology, the scalability and resiliency of the 10500 switch series can be extended and virtualized across up to four chassis with a single management interface, enabling flatter, more agile networks.
The HP 10500 Switch Series, along with the entire HP FlexNetwork architecture, can be seamlessly managed through the single pane-of-glass HP Intelligent Management Center (IMC).
- Advanced Comware modular operating system: brings native high stability, independent process monitoring, and restart through the modular design and multiple processes of HP Comware v7 software; allows individual software modules to be upgraded for higher availability and supports enhanced serviceability functions
- In-service software upgrade (ISSU): provides an upgrade of the entire chassis, or an individual task or process, with zero packet loss
- Distributed architecture with separation of data and control: delivers enhanced fault tolerance and facilitates continuous operation and zero service disruption during planned or unplanned control-plane events
- Multitenant Device Context (MDC): virtualizes a physical switch into multiple logical devices, with each logical switch having its own processes, configuration, and administration
- High-speed fully distributed architecture: provides up to 11.52 Tb/s switching capacity with released line cards and up to 13.72 Tb/s switching fabric capacity with Type D fabric; modules provide nonblocking wirespeed 10GbE/40GbEperformance and future 100GbE expansion capability; with four fabrics, the switch delivers up to 8.571 billion pps throughput; all switching and routing is performed in the I/O modules; meets the demand of bandwidth-intensive applications today and in the future
- Scalable system design: provides investment protection to support future technologies and higher-speed connectivity, as the switch is designed for increased backplane bandwidth
- Flexible chassis selection: enables you to tailor product selections to your budget with achoice of four chassis: the 10504 switch (four open module slots), 10508 switch (eight open module slots), 10508-V switch (eight vertical open module slots), and 10512 switch (12 open module slots)
- High-density port connectivity: offers up to 12 interface module slots; provides up to 96 40GbE ports, 576 10GbE ports, and 576 gigabit fiber/electrical ports per system
- Jumbo frames: allow high-performance backups and disaster-recovery systems; provide a maximum frame size of 9K bytes
- Loopback: supports internal loopback testing for maintenance purposes and an increase in availability; loopback detection protects against incorrect cabling or network configurations and can be enabled on a per-port or per-VLAN basis for added flexibility
- Ethernet operations, administration and maintenance (OAM): detects data link layer problems that occurred in the "last mile" using the IEEE 802.3ah OAM standard; monitors the status of the link between two devices
- Flexible port selection: provides a combination of fiber and copper interface modules, 100/1000BASE-X auto-speed selection, and 10/100/1000BASE-T auto-speed detection plus auto duplex and MDI/MDI-X
Quality of Service (QoS)
- IEEE 802.1p prioritization: delivers data to devices based on the priority and type of traffic
- Class of Service (CoS): sets the IEEE 802.1p priority tag based on IP address, IP Type of Service (ToS), Layer 3 protocol, TCP/UDP port number, source port, and DiffServ
- Bandwidth shaping: Port-based rate limiting: provides per-port ingress-/egress-enforced increased bandwidth. Classifier-based rate limiting: uses an access control list (ACL) to enforce increased bandwidth for ingress traffic on each port. Reduced bandwidth: provides per-port, per-queue egress-based reduced bandwidth.
- Traffic policing: supports Committed Access Rate (CAR) and line rate
- Weighted random early detection (WRED)/random early detection (RED): delivers congestion avoidance capabilities through the use of queue management algorithms
- Management features:
- IMC - Intelligent Management Center
- command-line interface
- out-of-band management (serial RS-232C)
- SNMP Manager
- terminal interface (serial RS-232C)
- modem interface
- IEEE 802.3 Ethernet MIB
- Ethernet Interface MIB
Primary port type
Maximum number of ports
- HP is committed to providing our customers with information about the chemical substances in our products as needed to comply with legal requirements such as REACH (Regulation EC No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council). A chemical information report for this product can be found at: www.hp.com/go/reach.