- For Home
- For Business
- For Home
- For Business
Fixed Port L3 Managed Ethernet Switches
HP 5900 Switch Series
Special offer: Special offers:
- The HP 5900 Switch Series are low-latency 1/10GbE data center top-of-rack (ToR) switches. Perfect for deployment at server access layer in large and medium sized enterprises.
These switches may also be used in campus core/distribution layers where higher performance 40GbE connectivity is required with 10GbE links. Virtualized applications and server-to-server traffic require ToR switches that meet the needs for higher-performance server connectivity, convergence, virtual environment support, and low-latency.
Optional Intelligent Management Center (IMC) Software Platform for network management.
- High 1/10GbE port density with ultrafast latency for demanding applications.
- 10/100/1000/10000BASE-T and fiber support for data center deployments.
- IRF support of nine switches simplifies management by up to 88%.
- OpenFlow and SDN automate manual tasks and speed service delivery.
- One license for all OS features, including L3 and FCoE support.
Ultra-low-latency and Wire Speed for Demanding Applications
- The HP 5900 Switch Series provides high density 10/100/100/10000BASE-T, or fiber ports for high-performance and flexible deployments
- All ports support full L2/L3 features, IPv4/IPv6 dual stack, OpenFlow and TRILL for high scalability and Software-defined Networking (SDN) support.
- Intelligent Resilient Fabric (IRF) for simpler management, faster re-convergence and business agility.
High-Performance Data Center Switching
- The HP 5900 Switch Series delivers 1.28 Tbps switching capacity for the most demanding applications.
- Supports up to 952 MPPS throughput for data intensive environments.
- Low latency, under a 1.5 us 10GbE latency, provides increased performance.
- Four 40GbE QSFP+ ports for blazing fast uplinks.
Increased Resilience with Comware 7
- The HP 5900 Switch Series delivers IRF < 50 msec convergence time enabling faster application response times.
- In Service Software Update (ISSU) enables high availability with updates accomplished without a reboot or power cycle, and is performed in the background.
Simplicity and Lower TCO
- The HP 5900 Switch Series simplifies switch management by up to 88% with IRF.
- No extra hidden cost with simple one license per switch for all operating system features.
- Automate tedious tasks with SDN and reclaim wasted resources.
- 48 10/100/1000, 1000/10000 SFP+, or 1/10GbE RJ-45 ports
- 4 QSFP+ 40-GbE ports, maximum
- 4 additional 1000/10000 SFP+ ports on select models
- 952 Mpps, maximum, depending on model and configuration
- Routing/switching capacity:
- 1280 Gbps, maximum, depending on model and configuration
- Stacking capabilities:
- IRF, 4 switches
- Management features:
- IMC - Intelligent Management Center
- command-line interface
- out-of-band management
- SNMP Manager
Primary port type
Maximum number of ports
- HP is committed to providing our customers with information about the chemical substances in our products as needed to comply with legal requirements such as REACH (Regulation EC No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council). A chemical information report for this product can be found at: www.hp.com/go/reach.