- For Home
- For Business
- For Home
- For Business
- The HP 5900 Switch Series are low-latency 1/10GbE data center top-of-rack (ToR) switches. Perfect for deployment at server access layer in large and medium sized enterprises.
These switches may also be used in campus core/distribution layers where higher performance 40GbE connectivity is required with 10GbE links. Virtualized applications and server-to-server traffic require ToR switches that meet the needs for higher-performance server connectivity, convergence, virtual environment support, and low-latency.
Optional Intelligent Management Center (IMC) Software Platform for network management.
- High 1/10GbE port density with ultrafast latency for demanding applications.
- 10/100/1000/10000BASE-T and fiber support for data center deployments.
- IRF support of nine switches simplifies management by up to 88%.
- OpenFlow and SDN automate manual tasks and speed service delivery.
- One license for all OS features, including L3 and FCoE support.
Ultra-low-latency and Wire Speed for Demanding Applications
The HP 5900 Switch Series provides high density 10/100/100/10000BASE-T, or fiber ports for high-performance and flexible deployments
All ports support full L2/L3 features, IPv4/IPv6 dual stack, OpenFlow and TRILL for high scalability and Software-defined Networking (SDN) support.
Intelligent Resilient Fabric (IRF) for simpler management, faster re-convergence and business agility.
High-Performance Data Center Switching
The HP 5900 Switch Series delivers 1.28 Tbps switching capacity for the most demanding applications.
Supports up to 952 MPPS throughput for data intensive environments.
Low latency, under a 1.5 us 10GbE latency, provides increased performance.
Four 40GbE QSFP+ ports for blazing fast uplinks.
Increased Resilience with Comware 7
The HP 5900 Switch Series delivers IRF < 50 msec convergence time enabling faster application response times.
In Service Software Update (ISSU) enables high availability with updates accomplished without a reboot or power cycle, and is performed in the background.
Simplicity and Lower TCO
The HP 5900 Switch Series simplifies switch management by up to 88% with IRF.
No extra hidden cost with simple one license per switch for all operating system features.
Automate tedious tasks with SDN and reclaim wasted resources.
- 48 10/100/1000, 1000/10000 SFP+, or 1/10GbE RJ-45 ports
- 4 QSFP+ 40-GbE ports, maximum
- 4 additional 1000/10000 SFP+ ports on select models
- 952 Mpps, maximum, depending on model and configuration
- Routing/switching capacity:
- 1280 Gbps, maximum, depending on model and configuration
- Stacking capabilities:
- IRF, 4 switches
- Management features:
- IMC - Intelligent Management Center
- command-line interface
- out-of-band management
- SNMP Manager
- HP is committed to providing our customers with information about the chemical substances in our products as needed to comply with legal requirements such as REACH (Regulation EC No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council). A chemical information report for this product can be found at: www.hp.com/go/reach.