- For Home
- For Business
- By industry
- For Home
- For Business
- By industry
Modular Ethernet Switches
HP 5400R zl2 Switch Series
Special offer: Special offers:
- The HP 5400R zl2 Switch Series is the next-generation modular switch designed for enterprise edge and SMB and branch office core deployments. With enterprise-class resiliency and unprecedented flexibility, scalability and ease of use, the 5400R supports demanding network features such as hitless failover, power supply redundancy, QoS and security with full L3 features.
Robust virtualization with HP AllianceOne solutions and flexible connectivity including 10 Gigabit Ethernet and full PoE+, the 5400R requires no add-on software licensing and is SDN ready with OpenFlow support.
- Enterprise-class resiliency and flexibility, scalability and ease of use for enterprise edge and SMB and branch office core deployments.
- Redundant management and power for enhanced system availability.
- PoE+ power for 288 ports with internal power supplies.
- Software-Defined Network (SDN) Ready with OpenFlow support.
- Covered by Lifetime Warranty 2.0 with no software licensing required.
Flexible, Powerful and SDN-Ready for the Campus Network
- The HP 5400R zl2 Switch Series provides enterprise-class resiliency and unprecedented flexibility, scalability and ease of use for enterprise edge, and SMB and branch office core deployments.
- High-speed, high-capacity architecture with 2 Tbps crossbar switching fabric delivers intra-module and inter-module switching with up to 785.7 million pps throughput.
- Flexible connectivity options with 6 or 12 slot compact chassis for up to 96 ports of 10GbE (SFP+ and 10GBASE-T), up to 288 1GbE ports and up to 288 ports of PoE+ (9,250 W total PoE+ power budget).
- SDN-ready with OpenFlow 1.3 support for future-proofing your network.
- License-free software with advanced Layer 2 and 3 feature set including IPv6, IPv4 BGP, policy based routing, OSPF and robust QoS.
Resiliency and High Availability at the Edge
- The HP 5400R zl2 Switch Series uses the 5th generation HP Networking ASIC and delivers wire-speed classification and policy enforcement. This hardware-based control of access and traffic allows protection, detection and response to network threats with no network performance degradation.
- Nonstop switching and routing for improved support of applications such as unified communications and enhanced L3 high availability.
- Redundant management and power provide enhanced system availability and continuity of operations.
- Hot-swappable modules and optional redundant power supply provides uninterrupted power and allows swapping of modules with no impact on the network availability.
- Powerful virtualization with versatile HP AllianceOne service modules.
Robust Security and Quality of Service for a Secure Network
- The HP 5400R zl2 Switch Series includes a robust set of security and quality of services features to build a secure network that meets ever-changing corporate policies and compliances.
- Flexible authentication options include IEEE 802.1X, MAC and Web Authentication, delivering greater security and policy-driven application authentication.
- Advanced distributed denial of service (DDOS) protection, such as DHCP Snooping, IP Source Guard, and ARP Protection, and flexible traffic controls, such as policy-based routing, QoS, and ACLs, to manage end-to-end application priorities.
- Powerful multilevel-access security controls, such as varying security management login, RADIUS/TACACS+, and SSH to secure and control change management access.
Single View of the Network
- The HP 5400R zl2 Switch Series can be seamlessly managed with HP Intelligent Management Center (IMC) to provide end-to-end network transparency with consistent network experience through comprehensive configuration, compliance and policy management.
- RMON, XRMON and sFlow provide advanced monitoring and reporting capabilities for statistics, history, alarms and events.
- 92 RJ-45 autosensing 10/100/1000 PoE+ ports, ;4 open 10GbE SFP+ transceiver slots, and 8 open module slots, maximum, depending on model and configuration
- 785.7 Mpps, maximum, depending on model
- Routing/switching capacity:
- 1.0 Tb/s, maximum, depending on model
- Switch fabric speed:
- 2.0 Tb/s, maximum, depending on model
- Management features:
- IMC - Intelligent Management Center
- command-line interface
- Web browser
- configuration menu
- out-of-band management (RJ-45 Ethernet)
- SNMP Manager
- out-of-band management (serial RS-232C or Micro USB)
Primary port type
Maximum number of ports
- HP is committed to providing our customers with information about the chemical substances in our products as needed to comply with legal requirements such as REACH (Regulation EC No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council). A chemical information report for this product can be found at: www.hp.com/go/reach.