HPE VAN SDN Controller Base Software with 50-node E-LTU(J9863AAE)
- HPE Virtual Application Networks (VAN) SDN Controller Software provides a unified control point in an SDN-enabled network, simplifying management, provisioning and orchestration. This enables delivery of a new generation of application-based network services for campus, data center or service provider environment.
The VAN SDN Controller is the building block of the HPE Open SDN Ecosystem (HPE SDN App Store and SDN Software Development Kit), allowing third party developers to deliver innovative solutions to dynamically link business requirements to network infrastructure
Open Programmable Interface
HPE Virtual Application Networks (VAN) SDN Controller Software enables Hewlett Packard Enterprise and 3rd parties to develop SDN applications using a choice of languages with rapid deployment.
The Controller allows for orchestration of applications and automation of network functions.
The HPE VAN SDN Controller is compliant with OpenFlow 1.0 and 1.3, SNMP and NetConf protocols.
Centralized and Resilient Platform
HPE Virtual Application Networks (VAN) SDN Controller Software provides centralized automation for SDN-enabled networks including discovery of the network topology and shortest path forwarding.
The VAN SDN Controller integrates with Intelligent Management Center (IMC) for full fault, configuration, accounting, performance and security management.
Highly Available and Scalable
HPE Virtual Application Networks (VAN) SDN Controller Software is designed to provide a high-performance controller.
The Controller is highly available- in case of failure it provides for continued operation of the network.
HPE Virtual Application Networks (VAN) SDN Controller Software uses robust authentication and authorization of users and applications.
The architecture allows for secure connections between SDN-enabled switches and the controller.
- Provides a unified control point in an SDN-enabled network, simplifying management, provisioning, and orchestration, and enabling deployment of campus, data center, and telecom SDN applications.
- Platform required:
- PostgreSQL 9.1
- OpenJDK 7 JVM
- Keystone Identity
- Software (recommended):
- Server: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit
- System requirements, recommended:
- Server: Intel x86-64 processor with six or more logical cores, each with a speed of 2.6 GHz or higher
- 16 GB RAM
- 64 GB
- 1000 Mbps
- Technical notes:
- - Maximum OpenFlow devices/ports: 4,000/80,000
- - Maximum connected hosts: 30,000
- - Maximum new flows per second (cbench): 2.3 million (single controller)
- - Maximum new flows per second (cbench): 6.5 million (3 controller team)
Dimensions and weight
Dimensions and weight
- What's in the box:
- License Entitlement, Electronic Delivery
- Not applicable
- HP is committed to providing our customers with information about the chemical substances in our products as needed to comply with legal requirements such as REACH (Regulation EC No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council). A chemical information report for this product can be found at: www.hp.com/go/reach.