- For Home
- For Business
HP LaserJet Enterprise 700 Printer M712n(CF235A)
- Enable high-volume, black-and-white printing on paper sizes up to A3—and capacity up to 4600 sheets.1 Control costs with energy-saving features and two-sided printing.2 Protect sensitive business data and centrally manage printing policies.
- Offices that need fast printing in a wide range of media sizes—up to A3—from an energy-efficient, black-and-white workgroup printer.
Upsize and accelerate—fast A3 printing
- Save time and keep business moving with blazing-fast printing from this black-and-white A3 workgroup printer.
- Expand black-and-white printing options on paper sizes up to A3 and near edge-to-edge printing.
- Boost productivity—reload paper less often with up to 4600-sheet capacity for high-volume printing.1
- Replace toner cartridges easily. Choose high-capacity Original HP toner cartridges for frequent printing.3
Conserve resources and help control costs
- Save energy—Auto On/Auto Off turns your printer On when you need it, and Off when you don't.4
- Reduce paper use up to 50% with automatic two-sided printing2 on this ENERGY STAR® qualified printer.
- Manage your workteam's printing impact—optimize resources with HP EcoSMART Fleet and other tools.5
- Original HP toner cartridges are easily recycled—for free—through HP Planet Partners.6
Simplify IT management and safeguard data
- Boost printing and imaging safeguards and help protect business data with fleet-level security solutions.
- Safeguard confidential data stored on the printer, with the installed HP High-Performance Secure Hard Disk.7
- Centralise printer management—HP Web Jetadmin helps you monitor equipment and increase uptime.8
- Add security solutions—such as card and badge readers—through the hardware integration pocket.9
Invest in a forward-thinking, easy-to-use solution
- Extend the value of your investment—easily update and expand device capabilities with HP FutureSmart Firmware.
- HP ePrint—print from your smartphone or tablet from virtually anywhere.10
- Manage jobs at the color control panel. The easy-access USB port lets you print from and save to flash drives.
1 The base paper capacity of the HP LaserJet Enterprise 700 printer M712n and M712dn is 600 sheets (2 x 250-sheet trays and one 100-sheet multipurpose tray). The base paper capacity of the HP LaserJet Enterprise 700 printer M712xh is 1100 sheets (2 x 250-sheet trays, 1 x 100-sheet multipurpose tray, and 1 x 500-sheet tray). With optional accessories, the maximum capacity is 4600 sheets.
2 Automatic two-sided printing on the M712n requires purchase of optional duplex accessory.
3 The HP LaserJet CE390X black toner cartridge is not included; please purchase separately.
4 HP Auto-On and Auto-Off capabilities subject to printer and settings.
5 HP EcoSMART Fleet must be purchased separately.
6 Program availability varies. Original HP cartridge return and recycling is currently available in more than 50 countries, territories, and regions in Asia, Europe, and North and South America through the HP Planet Partners program. For more information, visit: www.hp.com/recycle.
7 The HP High-Performance Secure Hard Disk is only available on the HP LaserJet Enterprise 700 M712xh Printer.
8 HP Web Jetadmin is free and can be downloaded at www.hp.com/go/webjetadmin.
9 Solutions deployed through the hardware integration pocket may require additional purchase.
10 Requires an Internet connection to HP web-enabled printer and HP ePrint account registration (for a list of eligible printers, supported documents and image types and other HP ePrint details, see www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter). Mobile devices require Internet connection and email capability. May require wireless access point. Separately purchased data plans or usage fees may apply. Print times and connection speeds may vary. Some HP LaserJet printers may require firmware upgrades.
- Print speed black:
- Normal:Up to 41 ppm
- (Measured using ISO/IEC 24734, excludes first set of test documents. For more information see hp.com/go/printerclaims. Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver, and document complexity. )
- First page out (ready)
- Black: As fast as 10.5 sec
- Print quality black (best):
- Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Duty cycle (monthly, A4)
Up to 100,000 pages
(Duty cycle is defined as the maximum number of pages per month of imaged output. This value provides a comparison of product robustness in relation to other HP LaserJet or HP Color LaserJet devices, and enables appropriate deployment of printers and MFPs to satisfy the demands of connected individuals or groups.)
- Recommended monthly page volume:
- 5000 to 20000
- Recommended monthly page volume note:
- HP recommends that the number of printed pages per month be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including supplies replacement intervals and device life over an extended warranty period.
- Print technology:
- Processor speed:
- 800 MHz
- Print languages:
- HP PCL 6, HP PCL 5e, HP Postscript 3 emulation, native PDF printing (v 1.4)
- 2-in, 4-line LCD (color text and graphics)
- HP ePrint capability:
- Mobile printing capability
- HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint™
- Wireless capability:
- Optional, enabled with purchase of a hardware accessory
- Connectivity, standard:
- 2 Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Device
- 1 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000 Base-T
- 1 High-Speed USB 2.0 Easy Access Walkup Port
- 1 Hardware Integration Pocket (HIP)
- Connectivity, optional:
- 802.11b/g/n wireless LAN (station mode), other networking accessories, HP Jetdirect 2700w USB Wireless Print Server (available 2012)
- Network ready:
- Standard (built-in Gigabit Ethernet)
- Minimum system requirements
Microsoft® Windows® 8, Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, Windows® XP (SP2+), Windows® Server 2003 (SP1+), Windows® Server 2008, Windows® Server 2008 R2; 200 MB available hard disk space; operating system compatible hardware system requirements, see microsoft.com;
Mac OS X v10.6, 10.7; 200 MB available hard disk space; operating system compatible hardware system requirements, see apple.com
- Compatible operating systems:
- Microsoft® Windows® 8, Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, Windows XP® (SP2+), Windows® Server 2003 (SP1+), Windows® Server 2008 (32 and 64-bit), Windows® Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)
- Mac OS X v10.6, 10.7
- For the latest operating system support see: Citrix and Windows® Terminal Services (hp.com/go/upd)
- Novell (novell.com/iprint)
- Linux (hplip.net)
- UNIX (hp.com/go/unix, hp.com/go/unixmodelscripts, hp.com/go/jetdirectunix_software)
- SAP device types (hp.com/go/sap/drivers, hp.com/go/sap/print)
- HP ePrint Mobile Driver (hp.com/go/eprintmobiledriver)
- Memory, standard:
- 512 MB
- Memory, maximum:
- 1 GB
- Hard disk:
- Paper handling input, standard:
- 100-sheet multipurpose tray, 2 x 250-sheet input trays
- Paper handling input, optional:
- Optional 500-sheet input tray, optional 1 x 500-sheet paper feeder with cabinet and stand, optional 3 x 500-sheet paper feeder with stand, optional 3500-sheet high capacity input tray with stand
- Paper handling output, standard:
- 250-sheet output bin
- Duplex printing:
- Manual (driver support provided)
- Media sizes supported:
- Tray 1, 2: A3; A4; A5; B4 (JIS); B5 (JIS); Tray 3: A3; A4; A5; B4 (JIS); B5 (JIS)
- Media sizes, custom:
- Tray 1: 76.2 x 127 to 312 x 469.9 mm; Tray 2: 148 x 210 to 297 to 363 mm; Tray 3: 148 x 210 to 297 to 431 mm
- Media types:
- Paper (color, letterhead, light, plain, preprinted, prepunched, recycled, rough, tough paper), bond, cardstock, envelope, labels, transparency, vellum
- Supported media weight:
- Tray 1: 60 to 199 g/m²; Tray 2, 3: 60 to 120 g/m²
Power and operating requirements
Power and operating requirements
- 110-volt input voltage: 110 to 127 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60 Hz (+/- 2 Hz); 220-volt input voltage: 220 to 240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60 Hz (+/- 2 Hz)
- Power consumption
786 watts (Printing), 22.1 watts (Ready), 6.1 watts (Sleep), 0.21 watts (Off)
(Power requirements are based on the country/region where the printer is sold. Do not convert operating voltages; this will damage the printer and void the product warranty. Values subject to change, see hp.com/support for current information.)
- Operating temperature range:
- 10 to 32.5ºC
- Operating humidity range:
- 30 to 70% RH
Dimensions and weight
Dimensions and weight
- Minimum dimensions (W x D x H):
- 568 x 585 x 392 mm
- Maximum dimensions (W x D x H):
- 858 x 989 x 392 mm
- 34.7 kg
- Package dimensions (W x D x H):
- 810 x 785 x 644 mm
- Package weight:
- 41.8 kg
- What's in the box:
- HP LaserJet Enterprise 700 M712n Printer
- HP Black LaserJet Toner Cartridge (~10,000 pages)
- Getting Started Guide, CD containing drivers and electronic documentation
- Power cord
- Cable included:
- No, please purchase USB cable separately
- One-year, on-site warranty
- Eco Highlights
• Save energy—HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology turns the printer On when you need it, Off when you don’t.[eco01]
• Save paper by up to 50% with automatic two-sided printing.
• Free, convenient cartridge recycling in more than 50 countries.[eco02]
[eco01]HP Auto-On and Auto-Off capabilities subject to printer and settings.
[eco02]Program availability varies. Original HP cartridge return and recycling is currently available in more than 50 countries, territories and regions in Asia, Europe, and North and South America through the HP Planet Partners program. For more information, visit: www.hp.com/recycle.
- Quick Links
Rate & Review HP LaserJet Enterprise 700 Printer M712n
(0.0 average / 0 RATINGS / 0 RECOMMENDS)
Your review has been submitted. Please note that your review may need to be reviewed and may not post immediately Sorry, your review can't be submitted. Please, try again later. rate & write a review
- HP is committed to providing our customers with information about the chemical substances in our products as needed to comply with legal requirements such as REACH (Regulation EC No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council). A chemical information report for this product can be found at: www.hp.com/go/reach.