- For Home
- For Business
HP LaserJet Enterprise 500 MFP M525f(CF117A)
- Manage documents and tasks with ease on the 8-inch colour touchscreen. Use Quick Sets to launch one-touch workflows. Preview, edit, and zoom images prior to scanning. Centrally manage your environment. Protect sensitive business information.
- Ideal for improving productivity and streamlining workflows with enterprise-class manageability and security features—via an intuitive, desktop MFP.
Productive, easy-to-use desktop MFP.
- Manage jobs directly at the MFP, using the 8-inch HP Easy Select colour touchscreen.
- Get exceptional value from using an optional, high-capacity Original HP LaserJet black toner cartridge.1
- Boost productivity—get up to 1,600-sheet paper capacity, and print, copy, and scan at impressive speeds.2
- Print from virtually anywhere with HP ePrint.3 Save and print files directly via an easy-access USB port.
Streamlined workflows and robust scanning features
- Streamline business tasks—HP Quick Sets on the large touchscreen enable one-touch workflows.
- Improve workflow by using touchscreen controls to preview, edit, and digitally send documents at the device.
- Easily send to email or a network folder to incorporate paper documents into digital workflows.
- Automatically remove blank pages in scanned documents to avoid wasted paper.
Top-flight manageability and security features
- Rely on world-class solutions for deploying, managing, and safeguarding your printing fleet.
- Help increase security and protect business information across your imaging and printing environment.
- Protect documents with PIN printing capabilities, and add security solutions through the hardware integration pocket.4
- Extend the capabilities of work-team print environments, using a rich array of easy-to-integrate solutions.
Outstanding energy- and paper-saving features
- Reduce energy use with HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology,5 and conserve power with Instant-on Technology.6
- Use optional HP EcoSMART Fleet to easily create and manage environmental printing policies and practices.7
- Conserve resources and save paper—use automatic two-sided printing and PIN printing.
- Easily recycle Original HP LaserJet toner cartridges through HP Planet Partners.8
1 HP LaserJet 55X Black Toner Cartridge not included; please purchase separately.
2 Optional paper capacity up to 1,600 sheets. 1 x 500-sheet paper tray not included; please purchase separately.
3 Requires an Internet connection to the printer. Feature works with any connected Internet- and email-capable device. Requires HP Web Services Account Registration. Print times may vary. For a list of supported documents and image types, see www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter. And for additional solutions, see www.hp.com/go/mobile-printing-solutions.
4 Solutions deployed through the hardware integration pocket may require additional purchase.
5 HP Auto-On/Auto-Off capabilities subject to printer and settings; may require a firmware upgrade.
6 Compared with products that use traditional fusing.
7 HP EcoSMART Fleet must be purchased separately.
8 Program availability varies. Original HP cartridge return and recycling is currently available in more than 50 countries and territories around the world through the HP Planet Partners program. For more information, or to request return envelopes and bulk collection boxes, visit www.hp.com/recycle.
- Print, copy, scan, fax, digital send, easy access USB drive, (optional advanced digital send, wireless)
- Multitasking supported:
- Print speed black:
Normal:Up to 40 ppm
- (Measured using ISO/IEC 24734, excludes first set of test documents. For more information see http://www.hp.com/go/printerclaims. Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver, and document complexity. )
- Duty cycle (monthly, A4)
Up to 75,000 pages
(Duty cycle is defined as the maximum number of pages per month of imaged output. This value provides a comparison of product robustness in relation to other HP LaserJet or HP Color LaserJet devices, and enables appropriate deployment of printers and MFPs to satisfy the demands of connected individuals or groups.)
- Recommended monthly page volume
2000 to 6000
(HP recommends that the number of pages per month of imaged output be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including supplies replacement intervals and device life over an extended warranty period.)
- Print technology:
- Print quality black (best):
- Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Print languages:
- HP PCL 6
- HP PCL 5 (HP PCL 5 driver available from the Web only)
- HP Postscript Level 3 emulation
- native PDF printing (v 1.4)
- 8.0" (20.3 cm) touchscreen, SVGA LCD (color graphics)
- Processor speed:
- 800 MHz
- Automatic paper sensor:
- HP ePrint capability:
- Mobile printing capability
- HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint™
- Wireless capability:
- Optional, enabled with purchase of a hardware accessory
- Connectivity, standard:
- 2 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Host
- 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Device
- 1 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000T network
- 1 Foreign Interface
- 1 Hardware Integration Pocket
- 2 Internal USB Host
- 1 Fax
- Network ready:
- Standard (built-in Gigabit Ethernet)
- Connectivity, optional:
- HP Jetdirect ew2500 802.11b/g Wireless Print Server J8021A
- HP Jetdirect 2700w USB Wireless Print Server J8026A (available in 2012)
- Minimum system requirements
Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP (SP2+), Windows Server 2003 (SP1+), Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2; 200 MB available hard disk space; operating system compatible hardware system requirements, see microsoft.com;
Mac OS X v10.5, 10.6, 10.7; 200 MB available hard disk space; operating system compatible hardware system requirements, see http://www.apple.com
- Compatible operating systems:
- Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP (SP2+), Windows Server 2003 (SP1+), Windows Server 2008 (32 and 64-bit), Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)
- Mac OS X v10.5, 10.6, 10.7
- For the latest operating system support see: Citrix and Windows Terminal Services (hp.com/go/upd)
- Novell (novell.com/iprint)
- Linux (hplip.net)
- UNIX (hp.com/go/unix, hp.com/go/unixmodelscripts, hp.com/go/jetdirectunix_software)
- SAP device types (hp.com/go/sap/drivers, hp.com/go/sap/print)
- HP ePrint Mobile Driver (hp.com/go/eprintmobiledriver)
- Memory card compatibility:
- Memory, standard:
- 1 GB
- Memory, maximum:
- 1 GB
- Hard disk:
- Standard, embedded HP High-Performance Secure Hard Disk, minimum 250 GB
- AES 128 hardware encryption or greater
- Secure erase capabilities (Secure File Erase-Temporary Job Files, Secure Erase-Job Data, Secure ATA Erase-Disk)
- Paper handling input, standard:
- 100-sheet multipurpose tray, 500-sheet input tray 2, 50-sheet automatic document feeder
- Paper handling input, optional:
- Optional 500-sheet tray (add up to 2 trays)
- Paper handling output, standard:
- 250-sheet output bin, 100-sheet rear output bin, convenience stapler
- Duplex printing:
- Automatic (standard)
- Media sizes supported:
- Tray 1: A4, A5, A6, RA4, B5 (JIS), B6 (JIS), 10x15 cm, 16K, Postcard (JIS), DPostcard (JIS), Envelope (B5, C5, C6, DL); Tray 2, optional 500-sheet tray (3, 4): A4, A5, A6, RA4, B5 (JIS), B6 (JIS), 10x15 cm, 16K, Postcard (JIS), DPostcard (JIS)
- Media sizes, custom:
- Tray 1: 76 x 127 to 216 x 356 mm; tray 2, optional 500-sheet tray (3, 4): 105 x 148 to 216 x 356 mm
- Media types:
- Paper (bond, color, letterhead, plain, preprinted, prepunched, recycled, rough); envelopes, labels, cardstock, transparencies, user-defined
- Media weights, supported:
- Tray 1: 52 to 199 g/m² (straight through paper path for special media); tray 2, optional 500-sheet tray (3, 4): 52 to 120 g/m²
- Scanner type:
- Flatbed, ADF
- Scan file format:
- PDF, JPEG, TIFF, MTIFF, XPS, PDF/A
- Scan resolution, optical:
- Up to 600 dpi
- Scan size (flatbed), maximum:
- 216 x 356 mm
- Scan size (ADF), maximum:
- 216 x 356 mm
- Duplex ADF scanning:
- Yes, reversing ADF
- Automatic document feeder capacity:
- Standard, 50 sheets
- Digital sending standard features:
- Scan to E-mail; Save-to-Network Folder; Save-to-USB drive; Send to FTP; Send to LAN Fax; Send to Internet Fax; Local Address Book; SMTP over SSL
- File formats, supported:
- Digital Send: PDF, JPEG, TIFF, MTIFF, XPS, PDF/A
- Scan to easy access USB: PDF, JPEG, TIFF, MTIFF, XPS, PDF/A
- Print from easy access USB: PDF, PS, Print Ready files (.prn, .pcl, .cht)
- Copy speed (normal)
- Black:Up to 40 cpm
- Copy resolution (black text):
- Up to 600 x 600 dpi (flatbed), 300 x 600 dpi (ADF)
- Copy reduce / enlarge settings:
- 25 to 400%
- Copies, maximum:
- Up to 9999 copies
- Fax transmission speed:
- 33.6 kbps
- Fax note:
- Based on standard ITU-T test image #1 at standard resolution. More complicated pages or higher resolution will take longer and use more memory.
- Fax resolution:
- Up to 300 x 300 dpi (400 x 400 dpi for received faxes only)
- Speed dials, maximum number:
- Up to 100 numbers (each with 100 destinations)
- Broadcast locations:
Power and operating requirements
Power and operating requirements
- 110-volt input voltage: 100 to 127 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60Hz (+/- 2 Hz), 8.5 A and 220-volt input voltage: 220 to 240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60Hz (+/- 2 Hz), 4.5 A
- Power consumption
780 watts (Printing), 785 watts (Copying), 30 watts (Ready), 9.6 watts (Sleep), 0.9 watts (Auto-Off), 0.2 watts (Off)
(Power requirements are based on the country/region where the printer is sold. Do not convert operating voltages. This will damage the printer and void the product warranty. Power consumption value in Auto-Off mode is for Auto-Off/Wake on network and depends on customer network switch capability, user configuration and network activity and may require a firmware upgrade. Off-mode power may vary while checking network packets for print jobs.)
- Energy efficiency:
- ENERGY STAR® qualified
- Operating temperature range:
- 10 to 32.5ºC
- Operating humidity range:
- 30 to 70% RH
Dimensions and weight
Dimensions and weight
- Minimum dimensions (W x D x H):
- 516 x 547 x 576 mm
- Maximum dimensions (W x D x H):
- 516 x 717 x 576 mm (stapler cover closed, ADF jam door closed, multipurpose tray open, extension out, legal extension flipped)
- 29.8 kg
- Package weight:
- 36 kg
- What's in the box:
- HP LaserJet Enterprise 500 MFP M525f (includes built-in automatic two-sided printing, HP Jetdirect 10/100/1000 Base-TX Ethernet embedded print server, embedded HP High-Performance Secure Hard Disk, fax)
- power cord
- fax cable
- HP 55A Black LaserJet Toner Cartridge, full capacity (~6000 pages)
- software and documentation on CD-ROM
- Getting Started Guide, support flyer, Warranty Guide (where applicable)
- Cable included:
- No, please purchase USB cable separately
- Software included:
- Windows Installer, HP PCL 6 discrete driver, Mac Installer, HP Postscript emulation driver
- 1 Year Limited Warranty (Next Business Day On-Site), plus 1 Year of Extended Support
- Eco Highlights
• Save energy—HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology turns your printer on when you need it, off when you don’t[eco01]
• Reduce waste—scan, store and distribute documents digitally.
• Reduce paper use by up to 50%, using automatic two-sided printing.
[eco01]HP Auto-On/Auto-Off capabilities subject to printer and settings.
• Please recycle your computing hardware and printing supplies. HP asset management and recycling services make responsible disposal easy.
- Quick Links
Rate & Review HP LaserJet Enterprise 500 MFP M525f
(0.0 average / 0 RATINGS / 0 RECOMMENDS)
Your review has been submitted. Please note that your review may need to be reviewed and may not post immediately Sorry, your review can't be submitted. Please, try again later. rate & write a review
- HP is committed to providing our customers with information about the chemical substances in our products as needed to comply with legal requirements such as REACH (Regulation EC No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council). A chemical information report for this product can be found at: www.hp.com/go/reach.