- For Home
- For Business
HP LaserJet Pro M521dn Multifunction Printer(A8P79A)
- Finish jobs faster, produce high-quality documents, and make scanning and sharing simple. Get set up and connected quickly. Send quick commands from an intuitive colour touchscreen. Easily conserve resources and recycle used cartridges.
- Improving your efficiency; printing sharp documents quickly; completing fax, copy, and scan tasks easily; and enabling mobile printing.
Quickly create, capture, and deliver documents
- Finish faster—with less standing around—using single-pass, dual-head scanning.
- Stay on schedule—print up to 42 pages per minute.4 Handle high-volume printing without worries.
- Scan documents and send digital files in one easy step—to email, the cloud, network folders, or a USB drive.
- Efficiently handle large jobs, with an input capacity up to 1,100 sheets and automatic two-sided printing.
Increase efficiency with an easy-to-manage MFP
- Work smarter—access, store, and print business content quickly from the 3.5-inch colour touchscreen.5
- Go from zero to done, right at the MFP—print, copy, scan, and fax with ease.
- Get a fast start with preinstalled cartridges. Save even more, using optional high-capacity cartridges.6
- Efficiently manage this MFP, using HP Web Jetadmin to remotely monitor office printing and device status.12
Set up fast and stay connected
- Get started fast with HP Smart Install—no CD needed.7 Set up and share wirelessly throughout the office.3
- HP ePrint—print from your smartphone or tablet.8 Easily send print jobs wirelessly without a network.29
- Use resources more efficiently with wireless and 10/100 Ethernet networking—easily print and share.1
- Pull print jobs from your pocket—walk up and print right from a memory device via the USB port.
Improve your energy costs and save resources
- Help save energy with HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology, Instant-on Copy, and Instant-on Technology.10
- Conserve resources and save paper—use automatic two-sided printing.
- Get centralized, easy access to custom energy-saving options and printer settings with HP EcoSMART Console.
- Reduce your impact—easily recycle Original HP LaserJet toner cartridges through HP Planet Partners.11
1 Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from access point, and may be limited during active VPN connections.
2 Mobile device must be wireless-enabled. Printer must be HP ePrint-enabled. Feature may require drivers or apps, available for download at www.hpconnected.com.
3 HP Auto Wireless Connect may not be available for all system configurations. Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from access point. For information on compatibility, visit www.hp.com/go/autowirelessconnect.
4 Printing speed measured using ISO/IEC 24734 and excludes first set of test docs. For more information, see www.hp.com/go/printerclaims. Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver, and document complexity.
5 Requires an Internet connection to the printer. Services may require registration. App availability varies by country, language, and agreements. For details, see www.hpconnected.com.
6 HP LaserJet 255X Black Toner Cartridge not included; please purchase separately.
7 HP Smart Install works with Microsoft® Windows® only.
8 Requires an Internet connection to HP web-enabled printer and HP ePrint account registration. Mobile devices require Internet connection and email capability. May require wireless access point. Print times and connection speeds may vary.
9 HP wireless direct printing, built-in wireless connectivity, and HP Auto Wireless Connect are only available on the HP LaserJet Pro MFP M521dw.
10 HP Auto-On and Auto-Off Technology are subject to printer and settings. Instant-on Technology claim based on comparison with products that use traditional fusing. Instant-on Copy claim based on comparison with fluorescent tubes.
11 Program availability varies. Original HP cartridge return and recycling is currently available in more than 50 countries through the HP Planet Partners program. For more information, visit: www.hp.com/recycle.
12 HP Web Jetadmin is free and can be downloaded at www.hp.com/go/webjetadmin.
- Print, copy, scan, fax
- Multitasking supported:
- Print speed black:
Normal:Up to 40 ppm
- (Measured using ISO/IEC 24734, excludes first set of test documents. For more information see hp.com/go/printerclaims. Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver, and document complexity. )
- First page out (ready)
- Black: As fast as 8.0 sec
- Duty cycle (monthly, A4)
Up to 75,000 pages
(Duty cycle is defined as the maximum number of pages per month of imaged output. This value provides a comparison of product robustness in relation to other HP LaserJet or HP Color LaserJet devices, and enables appropriate deployment of printers and MFPs to satisfy the demands of connected individuals or groups.)
- Recommended monthly page volume
2000 to 6000
(HP recommends that the number of pages per month of imaged output be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including supplies replacement intervals and device life over an extended warranty period.)
- Print technology:
- Print quality black (best):
- Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Print languages:
- HP PCL 6; HP PCL 5; HP postscript level 3 emulation
- 3.5" (8.89 cm) touchscreen, LCD (color graphics)
- Processor speed:
- 800 MHz
- Automatic paper sensor:
- HP ePrint capability:
- Mobile printing capability
- HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint™, Mobile Apps
- Connectivity, standard:
- 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Device
- 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Host
- 1 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-TX
- 1 Telecom
- 1 Phone
- Network ready:
- Standard (built-in Gigabit Ethernet)
- Connectivity, optional:
- HP Jetdirect ew2500 802.11b/g Wireless Print Server J8021A
- HP Jetdirect 2700w USB Wireless Print Server J8026A
- Minimum system requirements
Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit/64-bit): 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor, 1 GB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit), 400 MB free hard disk space, CD/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or Network port; Windows XP (32-bit) SP2: Pentium® 233 MHz processor, 512 MB RAM 400 MB free hard disk space, CD/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or Network port;
Mac OSX v 10.6; PowerPC G4, G5, or Intel® Core™ Processor; 500 MB hard disk; CD-ROM/DVD-ROM or Internet; USB or Network port
- Compatible operating systems:
- Full software installs supported on: Windows 8 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows XP 32-bit (SP2 or higher)
- Driver only installs supported on: Windows 2012
- Windows Server 2008 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows Server 2003 32-bit (SP3 or higher)
- Mac OS X v 10.6.8 and later
- Linpus Linux (9.4, 9.5), Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.0 (supported with a pre-built package)
- SUSE Linux (10.3, 11.0, 11, 11.1, 11.2), Fedora (9, 9.0, 10, 10.0, 11.0, 11, 12, 12.0), Ubuntu (8.04, 8.04.1, 8.04.2, 8.10, 9.04, 9.10, 10.04), Debian (5.0, 5.0.1, 5.0.2, 5.0.3) (supported by the automatic installer)
- HPUX 11 and Solaris 8/9
- Memory, standard:
- 256 MB
- Memory, maximum:
- 256 MB
- Hard disk:
- Paper handling input, standard:
- 100-sheet multipurpose tray, 500-sheet input tray 2, 50-sheet Automatic Document Feeder (ADF)
- Paper handling input, optional:
- Optional 500-sheet tray (add up to 1 trays)
- Paper handling output, standard:
- 250-sheet output bin, 100-sheet rear output bin
- Duplex printing:
- Automatic (standard)
- Media sizes supported:
- A4, RA4, Oficio 216 x 343 mm, Oficio 216 x 347 mm, 10 x 15 cm, B5(JIS), B6(JIS), Postcard(JIS), Double Postcard(JIS), A5, A6, 16K 195 x 270 mm, 16K 184 x 260 mm, 16K 197 x 273 mm
- Media sizes, custom:
- Tray 1: 76 x 127 to 216 x 356 mm; tray 2, optional 500-sheet tray (3): 105 x 148 to 216 x 356 mm
- Media types:
- Paper (bond, color, letterhead, plain, preprinted, prepunched, recycled, rough); envelopes, labels, cardstock, transparencies, user-defined
- Media weights, supported:
- Tray 1: 52 to 199 g/m²; Tray 2, 3: 52 to 120 g/m²
- Scanner type:
- Flatbed, ADF
- Scan file format:
- Windows Scan SW supports file format: JPG, RAW(BMP), PDF, TIFF, PNG; Mac Scan SW supports file format: TIFF, PNG, JPEG, JPEG-2000, PDF, PDF-Searchable, RTF, TXT
- Scan resolution, optical:
- Up to 300, 600, 1200 dpi
- Scan size (flatbed), maximum:
- 216 x 297 mm
- Scan size (ADF), maximum:
- 216 x 356 mm
- Scan speed (normal, A4)
Up to 19 ppm (black & white), up to 14 ppm (color)
(Scan speeds of up to 21 ppm measured at 200 dpi (b&w) and up to 15 ppm at 200 dpi (color) from automatic document feeder when scanning to digital file. Actual speeds may vary depending on scan resolution, network conditions, computer performance and application software. )
- Duplex ADF scanning:
- Automatic document feeder capacity:
- Standard, 50 sheets
- Digital sending standard features:
- Scan-to-E-mail with LDAP e-mail address lookup; Scan-to-Network Folder; Scan-to-USB drive
- Copy speed (normal)
- Black:Up to 40 ppm
- Copy resolution (black text):
- Up to 600 x 600 dpi
- Copy resolution (color text and graphics):
- Up to 600 x 600 dpi
- Copy reduce / enlarge settings:
- 25 to 400%
- Copies, maximum:
- Up to 99 copies
- Fax transmission speed:
- 33.6 kbps
- Fax note:
- Based on standard ITU-T test image #1 at standard resolution. More complicated pages or higher resolution will take longer and use more memory.
- Fax memory:
- Up to 250 pages
- Fax resolution:
- Up to 300 x 300 dpi
- Speed dials, maximum number:
- Up to 100 numbers (each can contain 100 numbers)
- Broadcast locations:
Power and operating requirements
Power and operating requirements
- Input voltage: 110 to 127 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60Hz (+/- 2 Hz) and 220V-240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60Hz (+/- 2 Hz)
- Power consumption
760 watts (Printing), 520 watts (Copying from ADF), 18.2 watts (Ready), 4.3 watts (Sleep), 0.3 watts (Off)
(Values subject to change. Power numbers are the highest values measured using all standard voltages. See hp.com/support for current information. Power requirements are based on the country/region where the printer is sold. Do not convert operating voltages. This will damage the printer and void the product warranty.)
- Energy efficiency:
- ENERGY STAR® qualified
- Operating temperature range:
- 10 to 32.5°C
- Operating humidity range:
- 30 to 70% RH
Dimensions and weight
Dimensions and weight
- Minimum dimensions (W x D x H):
- 465 x 465 x 508 mm
- Maximum dimensions (W x D x H):
- 465 x 900 x 750 mm
- 22.3 kg
- Package weight:
- 29.57 kg
- What's in the box:
- HP LaserJet Pro MFP M521dn, HP LaserJet Black introductory cartridge (~6000 pages), Printer documentation and software on CD-ROM, Installation guide, Support flyer, Warranty Card, Power cord, USB cable, Fax Cable
- Cable included:
- Software included:
- Windows: HP Installer/Uninstaller, HP PCL 6 print driver, HP WIA Scan Driver, HP TWAIN Scan Driver, HP Scan, HP Fax Setup Wizard, HP Send Fax, HP Fax Print Driver, Status Alerts, HP Update, DXP, ReadIris Software; Mac: HP Installer/Uninstaller, HP Postscript driver, HP Scan, HP Setup Assistant, HP Fax Print Driver, HP Utility, HP Alerts, HP Firmware Updater, ReadIris Software
- 1 Year Next Business Day Hardware Support
- Eco Highlights
• Reduce paper use by up to 50% using automatic two-sided printing.
• Reduce energy use with HP Instant-on Technology and HP Instant-on Copy.[eco01]
• Save energy—HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology turns your printer on when you need it and off when you don’t.
[eco01] Compared with products that use traditional fusing and cold cathode fluorescent lamp (CCFL) copying.
[eco02] HP Auto-On and Auto-Off Technology subject to printer and settings.
- Quick Links
Rate & Review HP LaserJet Pro M521dn Multifunction Printer
(0.0 average / 0 RATINGS / 0 RECOMMENDS)
Your review has been submitted. Please note that your review may need to be reviewed and may not post immediately Sorry, your review can't be submitted. Please, try again later. rate & write a review
- HP is committed to providing our customers with information about the chemical substances in our products as needed to comply with legal requirements such as REACH (Regulation EC No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council). A chemical information report for this product can be found at: www.hp.com/go/reach.