- For Home
- For Business
HP MPX200 1GbE Base Multifunction Router(AP771B)
Find a local store, or call HP:
1300 305 017 (Australia only)
Special Offer: Special Offers:
- IT environments and businesses grow and deploy physical/virtual servers and arrays, the amount of information required to manage, share, and protect keeps growing. MPX200 provides all in one solution for multiprotocol network connectivity (FC, iSCSI, 1GbE, 10GbE, FCoE), IP gateway (FCIP) support for SAN/WAN and remote replication and simplified heterogeneous local and remote DM.
The MPX200 delivers high performance data migration across heterogeneous storage arrays (3PAR 10000, XP, P9000, P6000/EVA, and more) and helps migrate from normal to thin provisioned storage. MPX200 extends HP P6000/EVA, XP and P9000 investments by adding multi-protocol connectivity without requiring separate arrays or added management costs.
The MPX200 enables multi-protocol SAN designs with increased scalability, ROI and simplified SAN solutions for virtualized server environments. The MPX200's design provides dual hot-pluggable power supplies and router blades for no single point of failure.
SAN Based Unified Block Storage and Converged Infrastructure (FCoE)
- MPX200 allows easy deployment of VM by supporting 300-600 iSCSI initiator connections to P6000/EVA, XP24000/20000 and P10000/3PAR. Each VM can secure and manage its own LUNs; therefore existing storage management software and policies can be seamlessly maintained throughout the VM deployment.
- Enables Unified Block Storage by consolidating multiple workloads (iSCSI & FCoE, 1GbE/10GbE iSCSI Servers and FCIP SAN over WAN)onto a single storage platform.
- Up to four P6000/EVA, P10000/3PAR, or XP24000/20000 arrays can be connected through a single MPX200. Servers can then connect to the arrays using freely available iSCSI initiators thus leveraging existing Ethernet networks to deliver SAN-like benefits and to attach servers to SAN storage.
- MPX200 is uniquely integrated with HP Command View EVA to manage via a single simple integrated GUI for iSCSI, Fibre Channel and FCoE P6000/EVA connectivity. Connect with Converged infrastructure via FCoE to conduct FCoE trials before real-time deployment and take advantage of lower cost Ethernet.
Enterprise Class High Availability
- The MPX200 enterprise-class availability design is economical and provides dual hot-plug power supplies and router blades for no single point of failure requirements.
- All MPX200 configuration information is mirrored between the dual redundant blades and the unique addressing information which is stored in the chassis (MAC address, WWN, etc.). This provides for seamless blade replacement without the need to update zoning or configuration specific files.
- MPX200 can be used to provide 1GbE, 10GbE iSCSI connectivity to HP P6000/EVA, XP24000/20000 and P10000/3PAR. Check HP SPOCK for support details.
Fibre Channel over IP (FCIP) for SAN over WAN Support
- MPX200 provides FCIP functionality enabling customers to connect local and remote SAN's with low cost remote data replication over IP networks using HP Continuous Access P9000/XP and P6000/EVA and P10000/3PAR Remote Copy Software.
- Customers can deploy MPX200 to provide iSCSI and FCIP connectivity simultaneously. By using the same hardware to perform both functions, customers save money on ports, SFP's, cables and rack space.
High Performance and Simplified Heterogeneous Local and Remote Data Migration
- MPX200 acts like a data migration appliance to help customers migrate their data at a very high speed between heterogeneous storage arrays using a user friendly data migration GUI, supports P6000/EVA, P9000/XP, P10000/3PAR, P4000 and a number of third party storage systems.
- Unique fan-in/fan-out pricing model, allows customers to migrate data off multiple storage arrays to a single storage array or vice versa in a cost effective manner.
- Customers can deploy MPX200 to provide iSCSI connectivity and perform offline data migration simultaneously.
- Remote data migration support is available to simplify data migration from a local data center to a remote data center, and data migration is supported on P6000/EVA, P9000/XP, P10000/3PAR, P4000, SVSP arrays and heterogeneous arrays. See HP SPOCK for actual supported configurations.
- Number of ports:
- (2) Fibre Channel
- (4) Ethernet
- Host interface:
- 8 Gb/sec Fibre Channel (2) Ports per blade and
- 1 Gb/sec iSCSI (4) Ports per blade
- FCIP (Licensing required)
- Compatible operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows 2008, 2003, XP Professional
- Linux Red Hat
- Linux SuSE
- Oracle Solaris
- Apple OS X
- See the HP SPOCK website for supported operating system versions
- Availability features:
- A second optional blade may be ordered in addition to the base unit with 1 blade for high availability requirements.
- Application expansion support (iSCSI initiators):
- Microsoft iSCSI Initiator (32-bit and 64-bit versions), Linux iSCSI Initiator (32-bit and 64 it versions), ATTO Macintosh iSCSI Initiator, Sun Solaris iSCSI Initiator, VMware iSCSI Initiator
- Management software:
- For iSCSI, Command View EVA v9.1.1 minimum
- Optional licensing available for a second blade and software licensing including FCIP and Data Migration licenses.
- Form factor:
Dimensions and weight
Dimensions and weight
- Minimum dimensions (W x D x H):
- 21.59 x 54.61 x 3.99 cm
- 8.16 kg
- (2) 8 Gb/sec FC ports, (4) 1 GbE ports. Includes (1) chassis, (1) 1 GbE blade, rail kit, accessory kit and documentation. Includes redundant power supplies, RoHS2 Compliant
- Warranty - year(s) (parts/labor/onsite):
- What's in the box:
- Includes (1) chassis, (1) 1 GbE blade, redundant power and cooling modules, rail kit, accessory kit and documentation NOTE: Requires optical FC transceivers and cables. Check quick specs for support information.
Rate & Review HP MPX200 1GbE Base Multifunction Router
(0.0 average / 0 RATINGS / 0 RECOMMENDS)
Your review has been submitted. Please note that your review may need to be reviewed and may not post immediately Sorry, your review can't be submitted. Please, try again later. rate & write a review
- HP is committed to providing our customers with information about the chemical substances in our products as needed to comply with legal requirements such as REACH (Regulation EC No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council). A chemical information report for this product can be found at: www.hp.com/go/reach.