- For Home
- For Business
Storage Virtualization Software
HP StoreVirtual VSA Software 2-pack SmartBuy Stock (TA688SC)
Find a local store, or call HP:
1300 305 017 (Australia only)
Special Offer: Special Offers:
- HP StoreVirtual VSA transforms your server’s internal or direct-attached storage into a fully-featured shared storage array without the cost and complexity associated with dedicated storage.
StoreVirtual VSA is a virtual storage appliance optimized for VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V environments. It creates a virtual array within your application server and scales as storage needs evolve.
The ability to use internal storage within your environment greatly increases storage utilization, and eliminates the costs and complexity associated with dedicated external storage. The unique scale-out architecture offers the ability to add storage capacity on-the-fly without compromising performance.
Its built-in high availability and disaster recovery features ensure business continuity for the entire virtual environment. A straightforward and simple management console allows the administrator to manage all StoreVirtual products, physical and virtual, regardless of their physical location.
Transform Your Internal Storage Into a Shared Resource
- Enjoy all the benefits of traditional SAN storage without a physical SAN. StoreVirtual VSA allows you to build enterprise level SAN functionality into your server infrastructure to deliver lower cost of ownership and superior ease of management.
- Give new life to your existing servers by virtualizing your environment and using StoreVirtual VSA to convert disks in your servers into a new tier of storage.
- Use StoreVirtual VSA with solid-state drives (SSDs) to provide a high-performance storage solution in your environment. Create an all-flash tier with VSA for maximum performance or use StoreVirtual Adaptive Optimization to automatically migrate only the data that needs the best performance to SSD.
- Provide the dedicated performance required for your main site, and provide fully featured shared storage and disaster recovery for your remote sites.
- With tens of thousands of systems deployed in production, HP StoreVirtual VSA is the solution trusted by Fortune 500 companies and small businesses alike to deliver enterprise storage features without a SAN.
Affordable Enterprise Functionality with Comprehensive Feature Set
- Scale-out storage architecture allows the consolidation of internal and external disks into a pool of shared storage. All available capacity and performance is aggregated and accessible to every volume in the cluster. As storage needs grow, StoreVirtual VSA can scale out while remaining online.
- Network RAID stripes and protects multiple copies of data across a cluster of storage nodes, eliminating any single point of failure in the StoreVirtual VSA array. Applications have continuous data availability in the event of a disk, controller, storage node, power, network, or site failure.
- Create availability zones within your environment across racks, rooms, buildings, and cities and provide seamless application high availability with transparent failover and failback across zones—automatically.
- Reservationless snapshots and thin provisioning allocate space only as data is written without requiring pre-allocation of storage, raising storage utilization and efficiency of the virtual environment. Snapshots create thinly provisioned, instant point-in-time backups of data on a per-volume basis.
- Tightly integrated with storage management functions of VMware and Microsoft applications. For example, the Remote Copy enables centralized backup and disaster recovery on a per-volume basis and leverages application integrated snapshots for faster recovery.
Scale from Few Servers to Multiple Sites and from Virtual to Physical Arrays
- Add more internal storage capacity to the cluster by simply adding servers with StoreVirtual VSA installed. No external SAN required: Create shared storage out of internal or external disk capacity (DAS, SAN); (FC or iSCSI).
- Start with a few servers and grow company-wide to remote/branch offices. Deploy and manage easily on any vSphere or Hyper-V server locally or from a remote location. Use the simple and quick wizard driven installation or scriptable installs for automated repeatable deployments.
- Simplified management: All StoreVirtual VSA nodes in your environment, onsite or across multiple sites, are managed from the Centralized Management Console (CMC) for simple, easy-to-manage storage. The CMC features a simple, built-in best practice analyzer and easy-to-use update process.
- Avoid up front storage costs by using StoreVirtual VSA for internal storage today and then migrate to a physical StoreVirtual storage array as your storage needs evolve. StoreVirtual VSA seamlessly migrates all data to any physical StoreVirtual array with Peer Motion functionality.
- Maximize storage utilization by deploying high-performance physical arrays at the main site and cost-effective virtual appliances at remote sites. Use plug-ins for VMware vCenter and Microsoft Systems Center to centrally administer both VMs and storage.
- Supported hardware environment:
- Runs on all HP ProLiant or third-party servers and c-Class server blades certified with VMware vSphere or Microsoft Hyper-V
- Software depot:
Dimensions and weight
Dimensions and weight
- Minimum dimensions (W x D x H):
- 2.54 x 14.3 x 22.23 cm
- 0.45 kg
- StoreVirtual VSA Software 2-pack SmartBuy Stock
- Warranty not included with product!
- What's in the box:
- Includes copy of SAN/iQ Software media and documentation and (1) P4000 VSA License. Stock-able by the channel.
- HP is committed to providing our customers with information about the chemical substances in our products as needed to comply with legal requirements such as REACH (Regulation EC No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council). A chemical information report for this product can be found at: www.hp.com/go/reach.