Power without the tower
HP Z1 Workstation
Introducing the HP Z1, the world's first all-in-one workstation with a 27” (diagonal) display that snaps open to let you swap out parts and make upgrades. No tools required.1Learn more
of 1600 MHz DDR3 memory4
Intel® Xeon® processors and Intel® Core™ i7 processors
HP Z1 Workstation
Experience the simplicity of all-in-one design with the HP Z1 Workstation. Easily add a hard drive, upgrade memory, or access the graphics card by snapping it open. And enjoy the control of easily swapping out parts on your own. Enhance your work with the HD Webcam, SRS Premium Sound processing, and whisper-quiet acoustics. Unleash your creativity on a workstation that’s worthy of it.
- View full HP Z1 Workstation specs Hide full specs View full HP Z1 Workstation specs
Form Factor All-in-one Available Operating Systems
- Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
- Windows 8 Pro Downgrade to Windows 7 Professional 32-bit
- Windows 8 Pro Downgrade to Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
- Windows 7 Professional 32-bit
- Windows 7 Professional 64-bit*
- HP Linux Installer Kit
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (90 day license)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop/Workstation (1 year paper license; no software preload)
- Processor GHz Cache Number of Cores Watts Integrated Graphics
- Intel® Core™ i3-3220 3.3 3 MB 2 55W Intel® HD Graphics 2500
- Intel® Core™ i5-3470 3.2 6 MB 4 77W Intel® HD Graphics 2500
- Intel® Xeon® E3-1225v2 3.2 8 MB 4 77W Intel® HD Graphics P4000
- Intel® Xeon® E3-1245v2 3.4 8 MB 4 77W Intel® HD Graphics P4000
- Intel® Xeon® E3-1280v2 3.6 8 MB 4 69W N/A
Chipset Intel® C206 Chipset Memory7, 8 Four Memory slots. Up to 32 GB, DDR3 ECC, 1600MHz9; Up to 8 GB, DDR3 nECC, 1600MHz Drive Controllers Integrated Serial ATA interfaces (2x 6Gb/s SATA, 1x 3Gb/s SATA) Storage10, 11 SATA 7200 3.5-in. drives: 250, 500 GB, 1, 2, 3 TB; SATA 10K 2.5-in. drives: 300, 500, 600 GB, 1 TB;
SATA Solid State Drives: 256, 512 GB
Optical Storage DVD +/- RW Super-Multi12 Slot-Load or Blu-ray3 Writer Slot-Load Drive Bays Up to 2 internal 2.5-in. HDDs, Up to 1 internal 3.5-in. HDD Slots 4 slots: 1 MXM (PCIe x16), 3 miniPCIe (PCIe2 x1) Available Graphics
- Integrated: (see Available Processors): Intel® HD Graphics 2500, Intel® HD Graphics P4000
- Entry 3D: NVIDIA Q500M Graphics
- Midrange 3D: NVIDIA Q1000M Graphics, NVIDIA K3000M Graphics
- High-end 3D: NVIDIA K4000M Graphics
Webcam HD 1080p 2.0 megapixel webcam Audio SRS Premium Sound, Dual-cone front-facing stereo speakers Network13, 14 Intel® Gb LAN, 802.11a/b/g/n Wireless LAN, Bluetooth15 2.1, 2.1+EDR, 3.0 and 3.0+HS Ports
- Side: 2 USB 3.0, 1 IEEE 1394a, 1 microphone in, 1 headphone out, 4-in-1 Media Card Reader
- Rear: 4 USB 2.0, 1 RJ-45 Gb-LAN, 1 Audio line-in, 1 Audio line-out, 1 DisplayPort v1.1, 1 Optical S/PDIF Output, 1 Subwoofer Output
- Internal: 1 USB 2.0 Type A, 2 x USB 2.0 on header
Input Devices HP Wireless Keyboard and Mouse; HP USB Optical Mouse; HP USB 1000dpi Laser Mouse; HP USB Keyboard; HP USB Optical 3-Button Mouse (AMO) Dimensions with Stand
- Height: 23.0 inches (58.42 cm)
- Width: 26.0 inches (66.04 cm)
- Depth: 26.0 inches (66.04 cm)
Power Supply 400W, 90% Efficient Display (screen size diagonally measured) 27-inch, 2560x1440 pixel, diagonal LED-backlit IPS2 display (support for up to 1.07 billion colors)1 Display Support Supports up to one external display via DisplayPort Compatible Displays (screen size diagonally measured) HP DreamColor LP2480zx Professional Display, HP ZR30w 30-inch S-IPS LCD Monitor, HP ZR2740w 27-inch LED Backlit IPS Monitor, HP ZR2440w 24-inch LED Backlit IPS Monitor, HP ZR24w 24-inch S-IPS LCD Monitor, HP ZR2240w 21.5-inch LED Backlit IPS Monitor, HP ZR2040w 20-inch LED Backlit IPS Monitor Warranty16 Limited one-, three-, four- and five-year options. Mon-Fri 8-5 next business day, parts, labor and 24x7 phone support, terms and conditions may vary.
Workstation performance without compromise
Bring your ideas to life faster with the accelerated performance of the HP Z1 Workstation. The only all-in-one workstation with quad-core Intel® Xeon® processors.2, 3 Make renders faster and crashes a thing of the past with professional graphics and ECC memory. Experience the HP Z1 Workstation and stay one step ahead of your imagination.
High-performance graphics incredible from every angle
See your work more clearly on a 27" (diagonal) LED-backlit display that supports over a billion colors.4 With a wide, 178 degree viewing angle and an IPS panel, the HP Z1 Workstation display is professional any way you look at it. With equally professional NVIDIA® Quadro® graphics for blazing fast renders and performance, the HP Z1 gives you the time to be your creative best.
Offering true workstation-class application performance with fully accelerated OpenGL support, NVIDIA® graphics are 100% certified and optimized with a wide spectrum of industry-leading applications, including AutoDesk, Solidworks, and Adobe.® Compared to non-professional graphics solutions, the new NVIDIA® Quadro® cards deliver exponentially faster performance across a broad range of design, animation, and video applications. The NVIDIA® Quadro® lineup also offers the ability to take advantage of NVIDIA® CUDA™ accelerated applications like Adobe Premier Pro, Sony Vegas, and Autodesk 3ds Max.
Select screen images courtesy of Autodesk, Local Motors, Inc and Spracher Engineering. Intel, the Intel logo, Intel Core, Core Inside, and Ultrabook are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. Microsoft and Windows are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. ENERGY STAR is a US registered mark of the United States Environmental Protection Agency. AMD is a trademark of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
© Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The Information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting and additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
- The Power Supply, Graphics Card, Hard Drives, Optical Drive, System Cooling Blower, and Memory can all be accessed, and removed without tools. Tools may be required for all other components.
- Dual-, quad-, and six-core technologies are designed to improve performance of multithreaded software products and hardware-aware multitasking operating systems and may require appropriate operating system software for full benefits; check with software provider to determine suitability; Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of these technologies.
- Intel's numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
- 1.07 billion viewable colors through A-FRC technology.
- Limited three-year Mon-Fri 8-5 next business day, parts, labor, and 24x7 phone support, terms and conditions may vary standard on Z1. HP Care Pack Services extend service contracts beyond the standard warranties. Service starts from date of hardware purchase. To choose the right level of service for your HP product, use the HP Care Pack Services Lookup Tool at www.hp.com/go/lookuptool. Additional HP Care Pack Services information by product is available at http://www.hp.com/carepacks. Service levels and response times for HP Care Packs may vary depending on your geographic location.
- As Blu-ray is a new format containing new technologies, certain disc, digital connection, compatibility and/or performance issues may arise, and do not constitute defects in the product. Flawless playback on all systems is not guaranteed. In order for some Blu-ray titles to play, they may require a DVI or HDMI digital connection and your display may require HDCP support. HD DVD movies cannot be played on this workstation.
- All specifications represent the typical specifications provided by HP's component manufacturers; actual performance may vary either higher or lower.
- Linux available on select systems.
- 64-bit computing on Intel architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers, and applications enabled for Intel® 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel® 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. See www.intel.com/info/em64t for more information.
- The hyper-threading feature is designed to improve performance of multi-threaded software products; please contact your software provider to determine software compatibility. Not all customers or software applications will benefit from the use of hyperthreading. Go to www.intel.com/info/hyperthreading for more information, including which processors support HT Technology.
- Intel® Turbo Boost technology requires a PC with a processor with Intel® Turbo Boost capability. Intel® Turbo Boost performance varies depending on hardware, software, and overall system configuration. See www.intel.com/technology/turboboost for more information.
- Each processor supports up to 2 channels of DDR3 memory. To realize full performance, at least 1 DIMM must be inserted into each channel. Intel® Xeon® E3, Intel® Core™ i3 and Intel® Pentium processors can support either ECC or non-ECC memory. Intel® Core™ i5/i7 processors only support non-ECC memory.
- SATA hardware RAID is not supported on Linux systems. The Linux kernel, with built-in software RAID, provides excellent functionality and performance. It is a good alternative to hardware-based RAID. Please visit http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00060684/c00060684.pdf for RAID capabilities with Linux.
- For hard drives, 1 GB = 1 billion bytes. TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 8 GB of hard drive (or system disk) is reserved for the system recovery software for Windows XP and XP Pro, up to 12 GB for Windows Vista, and up to 20 GB for Windows 7.
- Actual speeds may vary. Does not permit copying of commercially available DVD movies or other copyright protected materials. Intended for creation and storage of your original material and other lawful uses. Note that DVD-RAM cannot read or write to 2.6GB Single Sided/5.2 GB Double Sided – Version 1.0 media.
- Wireless use requires separately purchased service contract. Check with your local vendor for coverage area and availability in your area. Connection and speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions, and other factors.
- Wireless access point and Internet service required. Availability of public wireless access points limited.