HP Desktop workstations
Versatility redefined, still compact
HP Z620 Workstation
More versatile than ever before. The HP Z620 Workstation delivers four times the memory capacity of the previous generation, a larger power supply, and support for single- or dual-socket processor configurations. With up to 16 discrete processor cores, the HP Z620 packs a ton of computing and visualization power into a quiet, compact footprint.Learn more
of 1600MHz DDR3 memory6
Intel® Xeon® E5 processors
HP Z620 Workstation
Big possibilities. Compact form factor.
With its innovative design, the HP Z620 Workstation gives you a near-silent computing solution in a form factor that’s a perfect fit for space-constrained environments. And for easy servicing and upgrades, it features a completely tool-less chassis with integrated handles and a tool-free power supply.
- View full HP Z620 Workstation specs Hide full specs View full Z620 SFF Workstation specs
Form Factor Rackable minitower Available Operating Systems
- Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
- Windows 8 Pro Downgrade to Windows 7 Professional 32-bit
- Windows 8 Pro Downgrade to Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
- Windows 7 Professional 32-bit*
- Windows 7 Professional 64-bit*
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit*
- HP Linux Installer Kit
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (90 day license)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop/Workstation (1 year paper license; no preinstalled OS)
- Processor GHz Cache Memory Cores Hyper-Threading Intel® vPro™ Technology Intel® Turbo Boost Technology5
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2690 2.9 20 MB 1600 MHz 8 Y Y 4, 9
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2680 2.7 20 MB 1600 MHz 8 Y Y 4, 8
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2670 2.6 20 MB 1600 MHz 8 Y Y 4, 7
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2667 2.9 15 MB 1600 MHz 6 Y Y 3, 6
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2665 2.4 20 MB 1600 MHz 8 Y Y 4, 7
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2660 2.2 20 MB 1600 MHz 8 Y Y 5, 8
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2650 2.0 20 MB 1600 MHz 8 Y Y 4, 8
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2643 3.3 10 MB 1600 MHz 4 Y Y 1, 2
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2640 2.5 15 MB 1333 MHz 6 Y Y 3, 5
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2630 2.3 15 MB 1333 MHz 6 Y Y 3, 5
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2620 2.0 15 MB 1333 MHz 6 Y Y 3, 5
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2609 2.4 10 MB 1066 MHz 4 N Y N/A
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2603 1.8 10 MB 1066 MHz 4 N Y N/A
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-1660 3.3 15 MB 1600 MHz 6 Y Y 3, 6
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-1650 3.2 12 MB 1600 MHz 6 Y Y 3, 6
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-1620 3.6 10 MB 1600 MHz 4 Y Y 2, 3
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-1607 3.0 10 MB 1066 MHz 4 N Y N/A
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-1603 2.8 10 MB 1066 MHz 4 N Y N/A
Chipset Intel® C602 Chipset Memory7, 8 Up to 12 DIMM slots with 2 CPUs, up to 192 GB, 8-channel ECC DDR3 1600 MHz; 4 channels per CPU Drive Controllers Integrated 6-channel SATA controller: 2 ports 6 Gb/s + 4 ports 3 Gb/s, RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 capable; Optional SAS controller: LSI 9212-4i 4-port SAS 6 Gb/s RAID 0, 1, 10 capable Storage10, 11 Up to (4) 3.5-inch 7200 rpm SATA drives: 250, 500 GB, 1, 2, 3 TB, 12 TB max; Up to (4) 2.5-inch 10K rpm SATA drives: 250, 500 GB, 1 TB, 4 TB max; Up to (4) 2.5-inch 10K rpm SAS drives: 300, 600 GB, 2.4 TB max; Up to (4) 3.5-inch 15K rpm SAS drives: 300, 450, 600 GB, 2.4 TB max; Up to (4) 2.5-inch SATA solid state drives: 128, 256, 512 GB, 2 TB max; Up to (1) 2.5-inch SATA self-encrypting solid state boot drive (SED SSD): 256 GB, 256 GB max; Up to (1) 2.5-inch SATA self-encrypting hard drive (SED HDD): 500 GB, 500 GB max; Note: Fourth drive occupies one external 5.25-inch bay Optical Storage DVD-ROM, DVD+/-RW, Slot-load DVD+/-RW, Blu-ray Writer, 22-in-1 Media Card Reader Drive Bays 2 external 5.25-inch bays, 3 internal 3.5-inch bays, Note: Fourth HDD occupies one external bay Expansion Slots 2 PCI Express Gen3 x16; 1 PCI Express Gen3 x8, 1 PCI Express Gen2 x8 mechanical/x4 electrical; 1 PCI Express Gen2 x4 mechanical/x1 electrical; 1 Legacy PCI Available Graphics
- Professional 2D: NVIDIA NVS 300, NVIDIA NVS 310, NVIDIA NVS 315, NVIDIA NVS 510
- Entry 3D: NVIDIA Quadro 410, NVIDIA Quadro K600, AMD FirePro™ V3900
- Mid-range 3D: NVIDIA Quadro K2000
- High-end 3D: NVIDIA Quadro K4000, AMD FireProTM W7000, NVIDIA Quadro K5000, NVIDIA Quadro 6000, NVIDIA Tesla C2075, NVIDIA Tesla K20
Audio Creative Recon3D PCIe Audio Card, Integrated Intel/Realtek HD ALC262 Audio, optional HP Thin USB Powered Speakers Network13, 14 Dual integrated Intel GbE LAN; Infineon TPM 1.2 Controller; Optional Broadcom GbE NIC; Optional Intel GbE NIC; Optional HP X520 10GbE Dual Port NIC Ports
- Front: 2 USB 3.0, 1 USB 2.0, 1 IEEE 1394a standard, 1 microphone in, 1 headphone out, HP 22-in-1 Media Card Reader (optional)
- Rear: 2 USB 3.0, 4 USB 2.0, 1 audio in, 1 audio out, 1 microphone in, 2 PS/2, 2 RJ-45 to integrated Gigabit LAN, 1 serial via optional adapter, Rear power button with LED
- Internal: 6 USB 2.0
Input Devices HP PS/2 keyboard, HP USB keyboard, HP USB Smart Card Keyboard, HP PS/2 mouse, HP USB optical mouse, USB 1000dpi laser mouse, HP USB optical 3-button mouse, USB SpaceMouse Pro, USB SpacePilot Pro Dimensions (H x W x D) 17.5 x 6.75 x 18.3 in (44.45 x 17.15 x 46.48 cm) Power Supply 800 Watt 90% efficient tool-free power supply Compatible Displays (screen size diagonally measured) HP DreamColor LP2480zx Professional Display (24-inch diagonal widescreen), HP ZR30w 30-inch S-IPS LCD Monitor, HP ZR2740w 27-inch LED Backlit IPS Monitor, HP R2440w 24-inch LED Backlit IPS Monitor, HP LP2475w 24-inch Widescreen LCD Monitor, HP ZR2240w 21.5-inch LED Backlit IPS Monitor, HP ZR2040w 20-inch LED Backlit IPS Monitor Warranty16 Limited three-year Mon-Fri 8-5 next business day, parts, labor and 24x7 phone support, terms and conditions may vary. Extendable up to five years.
The performance you demand.
Get massive system performance with a small footprint. The HP Z620 features the next evolution in processor technology and system architecture, setting the standard for versatility with support for a single Intel® E5-1600 Series Xeon® processor or dual Intel® E5-2600 Series Xeon® processors. Now with up to 16 cores, the HP Z620 powerhouse supports a full range of processors to help you get more done every minute.
Brings your ideas to life faster.
The HP Z620 is designed to support next-generation PCI express Gen3 graphics technology that doubles the bandwidth in and out of the card. The HP Z620 offers a huge variety of professional graphics from NVIDIA® and AMD—from Pro 2D to Extreme 3D. With an 800W 90% efficient power supply and support for up to eight displays, the HP Z620 gives you the freedom of doing and seeing more.
Get the power to realize your vision with the new family of NVIDIA® Quadro® K-series professional graphics featuring NVIDIA’s most powerful GPU architecture ever—NVIDIA® Kepler.™ Whether you’re creating revolutionary products or telling spectacularly vivid visual stories, Quadro® helps you do it better and faster. Offering support for up to eight independent displays and robust OpenGL support, NVIDIA® graphics are fully certified and optimized with industry-leading applications from AutoDesk, Solidworks, Adobe® and many others. The HP Z620 offers an expanded portfolio of NVIDIA graphics solutions over its predecessor. And for the first time in its product category, the HP Z620 can fill your high-performance GPU computing needs with the NVIDIA® Tesla C2075 as part of NVIDIA's Maximus solution.
Boost productivity with the serious power and performance of AMD FirePro™ professional graphics cards for the HP Z620 Workstation. Featuring extensive application certifications, support for up to eight independent displays, and HP qualified professional graphics drivers with full OpenGL and DirectX support, AMD FirePro™ cards are specifically built for outstanding performance. To maximize graphics performance, the HP Z620 is ready to support the next generation PCIe Gen3 graphics cards from AMD when they become available.
Screen images courtesy of Autodesk, Bandito Brothers, MAXON Computer, Inc, Phoenix Analysis & Design Technologies, Inc. and Spracher Engineering. Intel, the Intel logo, Intel Core, Core Inside, and Ultrabook are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. Microsoft and Windows are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. FireWire is a trademark of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. ENERGY STAR is a US registered mark of the United States Environmental Protection Agency. AMD is a trademark of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
© Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The Information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting and additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
- This product is Low Halogen except for power cords, cables, and peripherals, as well as the following customer-configurable internal components: 3 ½" SAS HDDs, LSI 9260-8i SAS 6Gb/s ROC RAID Card, Creative Recon3D PCIe Audio Card, Liquid Cooling Solution, and Broadcom 5761 Gigabit PCIe NIC are not Low Halogen. Service parts obtained after purchase may not be Low Halogen.
- Limited three-year, Mon-Fri 8-5 next business day, parts, labor, and 24x7 phone support, terms and conditions may vary standard on Z1. HP Care Pack Services extend service contracts beyond the standard warranties. Service starts from date of hardware purchase. To choose the right level of service for your HP product, use the HP Care Pack Services Lookup Tool at www.hp.com/go/lookuptool. Additional HP Care Pack Services information by product is available at www.hp.com/carepacks. Service levels and response times for HP Care Packs may vary depending on your geographic location.
- Dual-, quad-, and six-core technologies are designed to improve performance of multithreaded software products and hardware-aware multitasking operating systems and may require appropriate operating system software for full benefits; check with software provider to determine suitability; Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of these technologies.
- Intel's numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
- All specifications represent the typical specifications provided by HP's component manufacturers; actual performance may vary either higher or lower.
- Dual-, Quad- and Eight-Core technologies are designed to improve performance of multithreaded software products and hardware-aware multitasking operating systems and may require appropriate operating system software for full benefits; Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of these technologies.
- 64-bit computing on Intel® architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers and applications enabled for Intel® 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel® 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. See www.intel.com/info/em64t for more information.
- Intel's numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
- Z620 systems configured with E5-1600 series processors may not add a 2nd processor. To support two processors, E5-2600 series processor must be chosen.
- Each processor supports up to 4 channels of DDR3 memory. To realize full performance at least 1 DIMM must be inserted into each channel.
- SATA hardware RAID is not supported on Linux systems. The Linux kernel, with built-in software RAID, provides excellent functionality and performance. It is a good alternative to hardware-based RAID. Please visit http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00060684/c00060684.pdf for RAID capabilities with Linux.
- For hard drives, 1 GB = 1 billion bytes. TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less.
- Actual speeds may vary. Does not permit copying of commercially available DVD movies or other copyright protected materials. Intended for creation and storage of your original material and other lawful uses. Note that DVD-RAM cannot read or write to 2.6 GB Single Sided/5.2 GB Double Sided – Version 1.0 media.
- As Blu-ray is a new format containing new technologies, certain disc, digital connection, compatibility and/or performance issues may arise, and do not constitute defects in the product. Flawless playback on all systems is not guaranteed. In order for some Blu-ray titles to play, they may require a DVI or HDMI digital connection and your display may require HDCP support. HD DVD movies cannot be played on this workstation.
- AMD graphics are not supported when there is greater than 32 GB of system memory present.
- HP Care Pack Services extend service contracts beyond the standard warranties. Service starts from date of hardware purchase. To choose the right level of service for your HP product, use the HP Care Pack Services Lookup Tool at www.hp.com/go/lookuptool. Additional HP Care Pack Services information by product is available at www.hp.com/carepacks. Service levels and response times for HP Care Packs may vary depending on your geographic location.