- For Home
- For Business
- Maximize your investment. Keep growing your business, not your expenses. The HP ProDesk 400 G1 Series offers expandable desktop PC options that meet your everyday business needs with enough room to grow. Watch your business flourish while minimizing the total cost of ownership—now that’s a smart investment.
- Windows 8 Pro or other operating systems available
- Customize a PC configuration that’s the perfect fit for your business and take advantage of a 12-month product lifecycle.
- Look smart and work smarter, thanks to a stylish design offering increased flexibility for a variety of hardware configurations. It’s the perfect way to meet your needs—and your budget.
- Cruise through tasks easily and efficiently with the latest processor technology. The Intel® Core™ 4th Gen processor1 boasts a powerful chipset, processor support and robust memory.
- Be confident at the helm with help from programs like HP Support Assistant2 that make deployment and management a breeze.
- Coast through your task list thanks to Windows 8.13 and HP. Enjoy a superior user experience that includes intuitive and simple software applications like HP PageLift.4
More expansion, less expense
- Experience high growth at a low cost of ownership with options for easy expansion and upgrades.
- Don’t limit your business. Choose from microtower or small form factor with optional bundled displays that can be upgraded and expanded as your needs change.
- Here’s a PC you can rely on. Enjoy a business-class platform and 12-month lifecycle plus the assurance of 115,000 hours of reliability testing.
- Easily share your internet connection with up to five devices with HP Wireless Hotspot.5 Help colleagues get online and improve productivity.
- Help decrease your environmental impact when you use an EPEAT® Gold6 registered PC.
- Protect data, devices and identities with HP Client Security7 which now includes HP Trust Circles8 to make sure only approved contacts can access the files.
- Stay up and running. HP BIOS Protection9 offers enhanced protection against virus attacks to the BIOS and other security threats, and is designed to help prevent data loss and reduce downtime.
- Keep sensitive information in safe hands. HP Trust Circles8 protects your data by ensuring that only approved contacts can access critical files.
- Rest easy and work confidently with dependable support options including a parts/labor/on-site warranty and parts availability for up to three years.
1 Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing on Intel® architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers, and applications enabled for Intel® 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel® 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
2 HP Support Assistant requires Windows 7 or later edition and internet access.
3 Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 8.1 Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers and/or software to take full advantage of Windows 8.1 functionality. See http://www.microsoft.com.
4 HP PageLift requires Windows 7 or higher edition.
5 The wireless hotspot application requires an active internet connection and separately purchased data plan. While HP wireless hotspot is active, on-device applications will continue to work and will use the same data plan as the wireless hotspot. Wireless hotspot data usage may incur additional charges. Check with your service provider for plan details. Requires Windows 8.1 or HP Connection Manager for Windows 7.
6 EPEAT registration varies by country. See www.epeat.net for registration status by country.
7 HP Client Security requires Windows. Planned support for Windows 8.1 expected to ship with products beginning in December 2013.
8 HP Trust Circles Standard, when included, allows up to 5 Trust Circles with up to 5 contacts in each Trust Circle. Optional Trust Circles Professional required for unrestricted number of Trust Circles and members contacts. Trust Circles Reader is available to allow a contact to participate in an invited Trust Circle. Requires Windows.
9 HP Tools partition with HP BIOS required for automatic recovery.
- Operating system
Windows 8.1 Pro 64 1
Windows 8.1 64 1
Windows 7 Ultimate 32 2
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 2
Windows 7 Professional 32 2
Windows 7 Professional 64 2
Windows 7 Professional 32 (available through downgrade rights from Windows 8.1 Pro) 3
Windows 7 Professional 64 (available through downgrade rights from Windows 8.1 Pro) 3
Windows 7 Home Premium 32 2
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 2
Windows 7 Home Basic 32
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11
- Processor family
Intel® Core™ i7 processor
Intel® Core™ i5 processor
Intel® Core™ i3 processor
Intel® Pentium® processor 4
Intel® Core™ i7-4771 with Intel HD Graphics 4600 (3.5 GHz, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)
Intel® Core™ i7-4770 with Intel HD Graphics 4600 (3.4 GHz, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)
Intel® Core™ i7-4770S with Intel HD Graphics 4600 (3.1 GHz, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)
Intel® Core™ i5-4570 with Intel HD Graphics 4600 (3.2 GHz, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)
Intel® Core™ i5-4570S with Intel HD Graphics 4600 (2.9 GHz, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)
Intel® Core™ i5-4670 with Intel HD Graphics 4600 (3.4 GHz, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)
Intel® Core™ i5-4670S with Intel HD Graphics 4600 (3.1 GHz, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)
Intel® Core™ i5-4430 with Intel HD Graphics 4600 (3 GHz, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)
Intel® Core™ i5-4430S with Intel HD Graphics 4600 (2.7 GHz, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)
Intel® Core™ i3-4340 with Intel HD Graphics 4600 (3.6 GHz, 4 MB cache, 2 cores)
Intel® Core™ i3-4330 with Intel HD Graphics 4600 (3.5 GHz, 4 MB cache, 2 cores)
Intel® Core™ i3-4130 with Intel HD Graphics 4400 (3.4 GHz, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)
Intel® Pentium® G3430 with Intel HD Graphics (3.3 GHz, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)
Intel® Pentium® G3420 with Intel HD Graphics (3.2 GHz, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)
Intel® Pentium® G3220 with Intel HD Graphics (3 GHz, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)
- Intel® H81 Express
- Form factor:
- Low halogen
- Memory, maximum
- 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 SDRAM 10
- Memory slots:
- 2 DIMM
- Internal drive bays
- Two 3.5"
- External drive bays
- One 3.5"
- Internal drive
1 TB up to 2 TB SATA (7200 rpm) 5
500 GB up to 1 TB SATA SSHD 5
128 GB SATA SSD 5
256 GB SATA SE SSD 5
- Optical drive
SATA Blu-ray BDXL writer
SATA SuperMulti DVD writer
SATA DVD-ROM 6,7,18
Display and graphics
Display and graphics
Integrated: Intel HD Graphics Basic, 4400 or 4600
Optional Discrete: AMD Radeon HD 8350 (1GB) FH PCIe x16
AMD Radeon HD 8350 (1GB) PCIe x16
AMD Radeon HD 8470 (2 GB) FH
AMD Radeon HD 8490 (1GB) PCIe x16
NVIDIA GeForce GT 630 (2 GB) FH PCIe x16
NVIDIA NVS 310 x16 1st (no cable)
NVIDIA NVS 315 (1GB) PCIe x1 11,19
(Integrated graphics will depend on processor )
2 USB 3.0
6 USB 2.0
1 microphone/headphone jack
1 audio line in/out
1 serial (optional)
1 parallel (optional) 8
(1 of the 6 USB 2.0 ports are internal.)
- Expansion slots
3 full-height PCIe (x1)
1 full-height PCIe x16
1 media card reader
- Standard: DTS Studio Sound™; Realtek ALC 221 Audio (all ports stereo); Microphone and headphone jacks; Stereo audio line out and integrated speaker
- Network interface
Intel® I217LM Gigabit Network Connection (standard)
Intel® Ethernet I210-T1 PCIe x1 GBNetwork Interface Card (optional)
Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 802.11 a/b/g/n PCI Express (optional) 15
(Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 planned to be available December, 2013. )
Power and operating requirements
Power and operating requirements
- Energy efficiency
- ENERGY STAR® qualified configurations available
- Power supply
- Internal 300W Power Supply, Active PFC, high efficiency energy saving power supply options available 18
- Operating humidity range:
- 10 to 90% RH
Dimensions and weight
Dimensions and weight
- Dimensions (W x D x H)
18.28 x 40.2 x 35.7 cm (7.2 x 15.82 x 14.05 in)
Starting at 7.14 kg (Starting at 15.75 lb)
(Weight will vary by configuration.)
- Security management
Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2
SATA port disablement (via BIOS)
Intel® Identify Protection Technology (IPT)
Serial, parallel, USB enable/disable (via BIOS)
Optional USB Port Disable at factory (user configurable via BIOS)
Removable media write/boot control
Power-On password (via BIOS)
Setup password (via BIOS)
Solenoid Hood Lock / Sensor
Support for chassis padlocks and cable lock devices 12
HP Drive Encryption
HP Device Access Manager
HP Password Manager
HP File Sanitizer
HP Disk Sanitizer, External Edition
HP ePrint driver
HP Support Assistant
HP Wireless Hotspot
HP Recovery Disk Creator
Microsoft Security Essentials
CyberLink Power DVD, BD
CyberLink Power2Go (secure burn)
Adobe® Flash® Player
PDF Complete Corporate Edition
Buy Office 9,13,14
- HP PS/2 Keyboard; HP USB Keyboard; USB Smart Card (CCID) Keyboard; HP USB and PS/2 Washable Keyboard; HP Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo 18
- Pointing device
- HP PS/2 Mouse; HP USB Mouse; HP USB 1000 dpi Laser Mouse; HP USB and PS/2 Washable Mouse 18
- 1/1/1-year limited warranty, including telephone support 24/7; terms and conditions may vary by country and region; other HP Care Pack Services available. Service levels and response times for HP Care Pack Services may vary depending on your geographic location. Service starts from date of hardware purchase. Restrictions and limitations apply. See www.hp.com/go/cpc for details.
1 Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers and/or software to take full advantage of Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 functionality. See http://www.microsoft.com.
2 Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 7. This system may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware to take full advantage of Windows 7 functionality. See http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/ for details.
3 This system is preinstalled with Windows 7 Pro software and also comes with a license and media for Windows 8 Pro software. You may only use one version of the Windows software at a time. Switching between versions will require you to uninstall one version and install the other version. You must back up all data (files, photos, etc.) before uninstalling and installing operating systems to avoid loss of your data. Optional accessories sold separately.
4 Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing on Intel® architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers, and applications enabled for Intel® 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel® 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. Intel's numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
5 For hard drives, GB = 1 billion bytes. TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 16GB (for Windows 7) and up to 36GB (for Windows 8) of system disk is reserved for system recovery software.
6 Duplication of copyrighted material is strictly prohibited. Actual speeds may vary. Double Layer media compatibility will widely vary with some home DVD players and DVD-ROM drives. Note that DVD-RAM cannot read or write to 2.6GB Single Sided/5.2 Double Sided-Version 1.0 Media.
7 With Blu-Ray drive XL, certain disc, digital connection, compatibility and performance issues may arise, and do not constitute defects in the product. Flawless playback on all systems is not guaranteed. In order for some Blu-ray titles to play, they may require an HDCP path and HDCP display. HD-DVD movies cannot be played on this BDXL Drive.
8 Support for external displays as a standard feature through integrated processor-based graphics is dependent upon the particular PC platform/form factor; the actual number of displays supported will vary. An optional discrete graphics solution will be required for the support of additional displays. Additional cables required.
9 ePrint requires an Internet connection to HP web-enabled printer and HP ePrint account registration (for a list of eligible printers, supported documents and image types and other HP ePrint details, see www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter). Print times and connection speeds may vary.
10 Maximum memory capacities assume Windows 64-bit operating systems or Linux. With Windows 32-bit operating systems, memory above 3 GB may not all be available due to system resource requirements.
11 HD content required to view HD images.
12 Intel® Identity Protect security requires separate Symantec VIP software service subscription and must be activated and configured. Requires a website that uses Symantec VIP Authentication Service. Requires Microsoft® Windows and a system with vPro or any Ultrabook™. Intel® and HP assume no liability for lost or stolen data and/or systems or any other damages resulting therefrom.
13 HP Support Assistant requires Windows 7 or later edition and internet access.
14 HP PageLift requires Windows 7 or higher edition.
15 Intel Dual Band Wireless is an optional or add-on feature and requires separately purchased wireless access point and internet service. Availability of public wireless access points limited.
16 Secure Erase is for the methods outlined in the National Institute of Standards and Technology Special Publication 800-88.
17 Low halogen: External power supplies, power cords, cables and peripherals are not Low Halogen. Service parts obtained after purchase may not be Low Halogen.
18 Optional or add-on feature.
19 Integrated Intel HD graphics uses part of the total system memory for video performance. System memory dedicated to video performance is not available for other use by other programs.
Rate & Review HP ProDesk 400 G1 Microtower PC
(0.0 average / 0 RATINGS / 0 RECOMMENDS)
Your review has been submitted. Please note that your review may need to be reviewed and may not post immediately Sorry, your review can't be submitted. Please, try again later. rate & write a review
- 8 GB
- 16 GB
- 40 GB
- 64 GB
- 80 GB
- 100 GB
- 120 GB
- 128 GB
- 160 GB
- 180 GB
- 240 GB
- 248 GB
- 250 GB
- 256 GB
- 300 GB
- 320 GB
- 370 GB
- 376 GB
- 384 GB
- 400 GB
- 500 GB
- 620 GB
- 628 GB
- 640 GB
- 660 GB
- 750 GB
- 756 GB
- 1 TB
- 1.08 TB
- 1.120 TB
- 1.128 TB
- 1.16 TB
- 1.25 TB
- 1.256 TB
- 1.28 TB
- 1.5 TB
- 1.6 TB
- 1.628 TB
- 2 TB
- 2.128 TB
- 2.16 TB
- 2.256 TB
- 3 TB
- 3.128 TB
- 3.256 TB
- 4 TB
- 4.128 TB
- 4.256 TB
- Operating system
- Windows 7 Basic
- Windows 7 Enterprise 32
- Windows 7 Home Basic 32
- Windows 7 Home Basic 64
- Windows 7 Home Premium 32
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64
- Windows 7 Professional 32
- Windows 7 Professional 64
- Windows 7 Starter
- Windows 7 Starter 32
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64
- Windows 8
- Windows 8 32
- Windows 8 64
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8.1 32
- Windows 8.1 64
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise 32
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64
- Windows 8.1 Pro
- Windows 8.1 Pro 32
- Windows 8.1 Pro 64
- Windows 8.1 Single Language
- Windows 8 Enterprise
- Windows 8 Enterprise 32
- Windows 8 Enterprise 64
- Windows 8 Pro
- Windows 8 Pro 32
- Windows 8 Pro 64
- Windows Embedded Standard 2009
- Windows Embedded Standard 7
- Windows Vista Business 32
- Windows Vista Business 64
- Windows Vista Home Basic 32
- Windows Vista Home Premium 32
- Windows Vista Home Premium 64
- Windows XP Home
- Windows XP Professional 32
- Windows XP Professional 64
- Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers and/or software to take full advantage of Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 functionality. See http://www.microsoft.com.