- For Home
- For Business
- By industry
- For Home
- For Business
- By industry
Fixed Port L3 Managed Ethernet Switches
HP 5800 Switch Series
Special offer: Special offers:
- HP 5800 series switches offer an unmatched combination of Gigabit and 10-Gigabit Ethernet port density, high-availability architecture, and full Layer 2 and Layer 3 dual-stack IPv4 and IPv6 capabilities. In addition to wire-speed line-rate performance on all ports, the switches include patented Intelligent Resilient Framework (IRF) technology and Rapid Ring Protection Protocol (RRPP), which allow local or geographically distributed HP 5800 switches to be interconnected for higher resiliency and performance.
Available in PoE and non-PoE models as well as 1 RU and 2 RU form factor configurations, HP 5800 switches are built on open standards and include an open application architecture (OAA) module slot that enables flexible deployment options for new services. These versatile switches are ideal for use in the network core of buildings or departments, or as high-performance switches in the convergence layer or network edge of enterprise campus networks.
Quality of Service (QoS)
- Powerful QoS feature: creates traffic classes based on access control lists (ACLs), IEEE 802.1p precedence, IP, and DSCP or Type of Service (ToS) precedence; supports filter, redirect, mirror, or remark; supports the following congestion actions: strict priority (SP) queuing, weighted round robin (WRR), weighted fair queuing (WFQ), weighted random early discard (WRED), weighted deficit round robin (WDRR), and SP+WDRR
- Integrated network services: with support for open application architecture (OAA) modules, extends and integrates application capability into the network
- Ring Resiliency Protection Protocol (RRPP): provides fast recovery for ring Ethernet-based topology; provides consistent application performance for applications such as VoIP
- Remote configuration and management: enables configuration and management through a secure Web browser or a CLI located at a remote device
- IEEE 802.1ab LLDP discovery: advertises and receives management information from adjacent devices on a network, facilitating easy mapping by network management applications
- USB support: File copy: allows users to copy switch files to and from a USB flash drive .
- DHCP options: - DNS Relay and SMTP Redirection. - DHCP Server (RFC 2131), Client, and Option-82 Relay (RFC 3046).
- sFlow: provides scalable, ASIC-based networkmonitoring and accounting; this allows network operators to gather a variety of sophisticated network statistics and information for capacity planning and real-time network monitoring purposes
- High-density port connectivity: supports up to 84 1-Gigabit ports per unit (612 per stack)
- Auto-MDIX: automatically adjusts for straight-through or crossover cables on all 10/100 ports
- Jumbo frames: on Gigabit Ethernet and 10-Gigabit ports, jumbo frames of 9k size allow high-performance remote backup and disaster-recovery services
- IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet (PoE): provides up to 15.4 W per port to IEEE 802.3af-compliant PoE-powered devices such as IP phones, wireless access points, and security cameras
- IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet (PoE+) support: simplifies deployment and dramatically reduces installation costs by helping to eliminate the time and cost involved in supplying local power at each access point location
- Hardware-based wire-speed access control lists (ACLs): helps provide high levels of security and ease of administration without impacting network performance with a feature-rich TCAM-based ACL implementation
- Unique versatile architecture: supports the best of both fixed-port and modular configurations
*Internet Price is the price for online purchases direct from HP Canada. Product currently not sold online may be purchased from a HP authorized retailer. In this case, Internet Price is a suggested resale price. Your retailer may sell for less.