- For Home
- For Business
- By industry
- For Home
- For Business
- By industry
Fixed Port L3 Managed Ethernet Switches
HP 5820 Switch Series
Special offer: Special offers:
- The HP 5820 Switch Series supports advanced features that deliver a unique combination of
unmatched 10 Gigabit Ethernet; Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) connectivity; high-availability architecture; full Layer 2/3 dual-stack IPv4/IPv6; and line-rate, low-latency performance on all ports. Extensible embedded application capabilities enable these switches to integrate services into the network, consolidating devices and appliances to simplify deployment and reduce power consumption and rack space.
Extremely versatile, the switches can be used in high-performance, high-density building or department cores as part of a consolidated network; for data center top-of-rack server access; or as high-performance Layer 3, 10GbE aggregation switches in campus and data center networks.
Quality of Service (QoS)
- Powerful QoS feature: creates traffic classes based on access control lists (ACLs), IEEE 802.1p precedence, IP, and DSCP or Type of Service (ToS) precedence; supports filter, redirect, mirror, or remark; supports the following congestion actions: strict priority (SP) queuing, weighted round robin (WRR), weighted fair queuing (WFQ), weighted random early discard (WRED), weighted deficit round robin (WDRR), and SP+WDRR
- Integrated network services: with support for open application architecture (OAA) modules, extends and integrates application capability into the network
- Ring Resiliency Protection Protocol (RRPP): provides fast recovery for ring Ethernet-based topology; helps ensure consistent application performance for applications such as VoIP
- Remote configuration and management: is available through a secure Web browser or a CLI
- IEEE 802.1ab LLDP discovery: advertises and receives management information from adjacent devices on a network
- USB support: File copy: allows users to copy switch files to and from a USB flash drive .
- DHCP options: provides server (RFC 2131), client, snooping, and relay options
- SNMPv1, v2c, and v3: facilitate centralized discovery, monitoring, and secure management of networking devices
- High-density port connectivity: 194 10GbE ports with a 40 Gbps resilient backplane
- Data center I/O consolidation: the 5820-14XG FCoE module supports two 4x8/4/2 Gbps FCoE modules (up to eight Fibre Channel ports total) to reduce cost and complexity while boosting network performance
- Auto-MDIX: automatically adjusts for straight-through or crossover cables on all 10/100 and 10/100/1000 ports
- Jumbo frames: on Gigabit Ethernet and 10-Gigabit Ethernet ports, jumbo frames allow high-performance remote backup and disaster-recovery services
- IPv6 native support: IPv6 host: enables switches to be managed anddeployed at the IPv6 network's edge. Dual stack (IPv4/IPv6): transitions from IPv4 to IPv6, supporting connectivity for both protocols. MLD snooping: forwards IPv6 multicast traffic tothe appropriate interface. IPv6 ACL/QoS: supports ACL and QoS for IPv6 network traffic, preventing traffic flooding. IPv6 routing: supports IPv6 static routes and IPv6 versions of RIP, OSPF, IS-IS, and Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) routing protocols.
- Hardware-based wire-speed access control lists (ACLs): feature-rich ACL implementation (TCAM-based) helps provide high levels of security and ease of administration without impacting network performance
- Unique versatile architecture: supports the best of both fixed-port and modular configurations
- Cut-through switching: delivers wire-speed, line-rate performance on all ports, as well as cut-through switching for low latency
*Internet Price is the price for online purchases direct from HP Canada. Product currently not sold online may be purchased from a HP authorized retailer. In this case, Internet Price is a suggested resale price. Your retailer may sell for less.