- For Home
- For Business
- For Home
- For Business
- The HP 3800 Switch Series provides performance, resiliency, flexibility, and ease of use for enterprise edge, SMB and branch office deployments. Based on a powerful HP Networking ASIC, the switch has low latency, increased packet buffering, and adaptive power consumption.
Mesh-stacking technology delivers modular chassis-like resiliency in stackable1U form factor. The HP 3800 Switch Series has a robust Layer 3 feature set with IPv6, IPv4 BGP, policy based routing, and OSPF.
It can be seamlessly managed with HP Intelligent Management Center (IMC) and is SDN ready with OpenFlow support.
- Layer 3 switch with high-performance meshed-stacking, resiliency, and ease of use for enterprise edge, SMB and branch offices.
- Mesh-stacking with up to 5 switches or up to 10 with ring topology.
- 10GbE uplinks (SFP+, 10GBASE-T), PoE+, and modular stacking.
- Up to 1080 W PoE+.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty 2.0 with 3 years 24x7 phone support.
Performance, Resiliency and SDN Ready for the Campus Edge
The HP 3800 Switch Series provides performance, resiliency, flexibility, and ease of use for enterprise edge, SMB and branch office deployments.
Full Layer 3 switch series for flexible deployment with 24 or 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports plus convenient built-in 10GbE uplinks (10GBASE-T or SFP+), PoE+, Energy Efficient Ethernet, and hot-swappable, redundant power supplies.
Mesh-stacking technology delivers modular chassis-like resiliency in stackable1U form factor with optional stacking modules.
License free software with advanced Layer 2 and 3 feature set including IPv4 BGP, policy based routing, IPv4/IPv6 OSPF, and robust QoS.
Software-defined Network (SDN) ready with OpenFlow 1.3 support for future proofing your network.
Mesh Stacking and Power at the Edge
The HP 3800 Switch Series uses a powerful HP Networking ASIC providing very low latency, increased packet buffering, and adaptive power consumption.
Meshed-stacking technology delivers high-performance stacking with up to 336 Gbps of throughput and increased resiliency.
As many as five 3800 switches can be stacked in a mesh topology and then an additional five can be arranged in a ring.
Selectable queue configurations enables increased performance by selecting the number of queues and associated memory buffering that best meet the requirements of the network applications.
Resiliency and High Availability
The HP 3800 Switch Series supports virtual router redundancy protocol (VRRP) allowing groups of two routers to dynamically back each other up to create highly available router environments in both IPv4 and IPv6 networks.
Uninterrupted switching and routing for improved support of applications such as unified communications and enhanced L3 high availability.
Dual hot-swappable power supplies provide uninterrupted power and allow swapping of modules on the fly to reduce impact on the network availability. Provides up to 1080 W PoE+ power.
Robust Security and Quality of Service (QoS)
The HP 3800 Switch Series includes a robust set of security and QoS features to build a network that meets ever-changing corporate policies and compliances.
Flexible authentication options include Local MAC, 802.1X, MAC and Web modes for greater policy-driven application security.
Advanced distributed denial of service (DDOS) protection-such as DHCP Snooping, IP Source Guard, and ARP Protection-flexible traffic control programs, policy-based routing, QoS, and ACL, manage end-to-end application priorities.
Powerful multilevel-access security controls, such as varying security management login, RADIUS/TACACS+, and SSH increase security and control change management access.
The HP 3800 Switch Series can be seamlessly managed with HP Intelligent Management Center (IMC) software to provide end-to-end network transparency with consistent network experience through comprehensive configuration, compliance and policy management.
- (48) 10/100/1000 ports maximum, or (24) SFP 100/1000 Mbps ports, (4) 1000/10000 SFP+ or (4) 10GBASE-T ports maximum. PoE/PoE+ on selected models
- 130.9 Mpps maximum, depending on configuration
- Switching capacity:
- 176 Gbps maximum, depending on configuration
- PoE capability:
- 1080 W PoE+ maximum, depending on configuration
- Stacking capabilities:
- Virtual, 10 switches maximum, depending on configuration
- Management features:
- IMC - Intelligent Management Center
- Command-line interface
- Web browser
- Configuration menu
*Internet Price is the price for online purchases direct from HP Canada. Product currently not sold online may be purchased from a HP authorized retailer. In this case, Internet Price is a suggested resale price. Your retailer may sell for less.