- For Home
- For Business
- By industry
- For Home
- For Business
- By industry
Fixed Port L3 Managed Ethernet Switches
HP 3800 Switch Series
Special Offer: Special Offers:
- The HP 3800 Switch Series is a family of nine fully managed Gigabit Ethernet switches available in 24-port and 48-port models, with or without PoE+, and with either SFP+ or 10GBASE-T uplinks. The 3800 Switch Series utilizes the latest HP ProVision ASIC technology and advances in hardware engineering to deliver one of the most resilient and energy-efficient switches in the industry.
Meshed stacking technology is implemented in the HP 3800 Switch Series to deliver chassis-like resiliency in a flexible, stackable form factor.
- OpenFlow: is a key technology that enables software-defined networking by allowing the separation of data (packet forwarding) and control (routing decision) paths
Quality of Service (QoS)
- Advanced classifier-based QoS: classifies traffic using multiple match criteria based on Layer 2, 3, and 4 information; applies QoS policies such as setting priority level and rate limit to selected traffic on a per-port or per-VLAN basis
- Layer 4 prioritization: enables prioritization based on TCP/UDP port numbers
- Class of Service (CoS): sets the IEEE 802.1p priority tag based on IP address, IP Type of Service (ToS), Layer 3 protocol, TCP/UDP port number, source port, and DiffServ
- Bandwidth shaping: Port-based rate limiting: provides per-port ingress-/egress-enforced increased bandwidth. Classifier-based rate limiting: uses an access control list (ACL) to enforce increased bandwidth for ingress traffic on each port. Reduced bandwidth: provides per-port, per-queue egress-based reduced bandwidth.
- Remote intelligent mirroring: mirrors selected ingress/egress traffic based on ACL, port, MAC address, or VLAN to a local or remote HP 8200 zl, 6600, 6200 yl, 5400 zl, 3800, or 3500 Switch anywhere on the network
- Friendly port names: allows assignment of descriptive names to ports
- IEEE 802.1AB Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP): advertises and receives management information from adjacent devices on a network, facilitating easy mapping by network management applications
- Command authorization: leverages RADIUS to link a custom list of CLI commands to an individual network administrator's login; an audit trail documents activity
- Uni-Directional Link Detection (UDLD): monitors a cable between two switches and shuts down the ports on both ends if the cable is broken, turning the bidirectional link into a unidirectional one; this prevents network problems such as loops
- Multiple configuration files: stores easily to the flash image
- Jumbo frames: on Gigabit Ethernet and 10-Gigabit Ethernet ports, jumbo frames allow high-performance remote backup and disaster-recovery services
- IEEE 802.3at Power Over Ethernet Plus (PoE+): provides up to 30 W per port to IEEE 802.3 for devices that use PoE/PoE+, such as video IP phones, IEEE 802.11n wireless access points, and advanced pan/zoom/tilt security cameras
- Prestandard PoE support: detects and provides power to prestandard PoE devices; see list of supported devices in the product FAQs at www.hp.com/networking
- Choice of uplinks: SFP+ uplink models: provide fiber-optic (up to 70 km) or direct attach cable (DAC) connectivity. 10GBASE-T uplink models: offer 10GbE speeds using standard RJ-45 connectors and standard twisted pair cabling up to 100 m.
- Auto-MDIX: automatically adjusts for straight-through or crossover cables on all RJ-45 ports
*Internet Price is the price for online purchases direct from HP Canada. Product currently not sold online may be purchased from a HP authorized retailer. In this case, Internet Price is a suggested resale price. Your retailer may sell for less.