- For Home
- For Business
- By industry
- For Home
- For Business
- By industry
Fixed Port L3 Managed Ethernet Switches
HP 5500 HI Switch Series
Special offer: Special offers:
- The HP 5500 HI Switch Series delivers outstanding resiliency, security, and multiservice support at the edge layer of large campus and branch networks. The HP 5500 HI has a robust feature set supporting 1440W PoE+, fixed and modular 10GbE, 9 chassis IRF stacking, Static & RIP Routing, OSPF, MPLS, ACLs, IPv6 and Energy Efficient Ethernet.
The HP 5500 HI Switch Series offers advanced technologies including OAM, CFD, Multi-level QoS, MPLS, and VPLS, and can be managed with the HP Intelligent Management Center (IMC) for a single view of your entire network and includes Lifetime Warranty 2.0.
- High resiliency and multi-service support
- Enhanced MPLS/VPLS support and full-featured IPv4/IPv6 dual stack
- 1440W of PoE+ Power using dual power supplies for high resiliency
- OpenFlow 1.3 support
- Lifetime Warranty 2.0
Highly Resilient, More Secure and Scalable Access Layer Switches
- The HP 5500 HI Switch Series delivers outstanding resiliency, security, and multiservice support capabilities features at the edge layer of data center and large campus networks. Advanced technologies include OAM, CFD, RRPP, BFD, Multi-level QoS, MPLS, and VPLS.
- Offers scalable stacking with fixed or modular 10GbE uplinks (SFP+ and 10GBASE-T) and up to 1440W of PoE+ power with dual redundant hot-swappable power supplies for growth and reliability.
- The HP Intelligent Resilient Framework (IRF) virtualizes up to nine physical switches into one logical device for simpler, flatter, more agile networks. The 5500 HI has IPv6 support and fully featured L3 functionality, including RIP, OSPF, ISIS, BGP, and PIM.
- Includes software-defined network (SDN) capabilities with OpenFlow 1.3 support for future proofing your network.
- Lifetime Warranty 2.0 with 3 years 24x7 phone support and no software licensing required.
Powerful Performance with Higher Levels of Security
- The 5500 HI Switch Series provides higher levels of security with hardware-based, wire-speed access control lists (ACLs).
- Provides simple administration without impacting network performance offering feature-rich TCAM-based ACL implementation.
- Non-blocking architecture delivers up to 224 Gbps of wire-speed switching with a non-blocking switching fabric and up to 167 million pps throughput.
Robust Quality of Service
- The HP 5500 HI Switch Series supports advanced classifier-based QoS which classifies traffic using multiple match criteria based on Layer 2, 3, and 4 information; applies QoS policies such as setting priority level and rate limit to selected traffic on a port, VLAN, or whole switch.
- Creates traffic classes based on ACLs, IEEE 802.1p precedence, IP, and DSCP or Type of Service (ToS) precedence; supports filter, redirect, mirror, or remark.
- Get extensive traffic prioritization with congestion actions: strict priority (SP) queuing, weighted round robin (WRR), weighted fair queuing (WFQ), weighted random early discard (WRED), weighted deficit round robin (WDRR), SP+WDRR, and SP+WFQ.
Comprehensive Security Control and a Single View of the Network
- The HP 5500 HI Switch Series supports flexible authentication methods including 802.1X, MAC, and Web Authentication for greater security and policy-driven application authentication.
- Offers identity-driven security and access control with automatic VLAN assignment and per-user ACLs allow access to specific network services without risking network security. Security features include: IP source guard, DHCPv6 snooping, STP BPDU port protection, RADIUS/HWTACACS, and SSL.
- Can be seamlessly managed with HP Intelligent Management Center (IMC) to provide end-to-end network transparency with consistent network experience through comprehensive configuration, compliance and policy management.
- RMON, and sFlow provide advanced monitoring and reporting capabilities for statistics, history, alarms and events.
- 48 10/100/1000 and 4 SFP ports, maximum, or 24 SFP and 4 10/100/1000 ports
- 2 SFP+ 10GbE ports and 2 port expansion module slots
- PoE+ available, depending on model
- 166.6 Mpps, maximum, depending on model
- Routing/switching capacity:
- 224 Gbps, maximum, depending on model
- PoE capability:
- 1440 W PoE+, maximum, depending on model and configuration
- Stacking capabilities:
- 9 switches
*Internet Price is the price for online purchases direct from HP Canada. Product currently not sold online may be purchased from a HP authorized retailer. In this case, Internet Price is a suggested resale price. Your retailer may sell for less.