- For Home
- For Business
- By industry
- For Home
- For Business
- By industry
- The true tablet for business. Go beyond everyday business with the HP ElitePad, our premium thin and light Windows 8 tablet1. Its elegant design and touch experience put productivity at your fingertips. Expand your potential by choosing from a complete suite of thoughtfully designed accessories like a full keyboard, docking station, and an HP ElitePad Expansion Jacket that extends battery life. Easy to deploy. Effortless to manage. Simple to secure.
- From mobile executives to field technicians, you’ll benefit from an assortment of industry-specific software and hardware options.
- Windows 8 Pro or other operating systems available
Transform your business with a tablet designed for business.
- Slide the HP ElitePad into the HP ElitePad Expansion Jacket with the HP ElitePad Jacket Battery to extend battery life up to 20 hours and work without worrying about recharging.
- Windows 8 and x86 compatibility for legacy apps arm you with the tools you need – and the confidence of a familiar PC experience. All driven by the latest Intel® processors.
- Dock at the office and the HP ElitePad becomes your desktop PC. Add a full keyboard to boost your productivity or an additional screen for multitasking.
- Invest in your business, not batteries. Since the HP Long Life Battery offers up to a three-year life span, you can focus on the task at hand without the hassle of replacing your battery.
- Log into Windows wirelessly with NFC technology.
Sleek. Elegant. Thoughtfully designed.
- Thanks to durable materials like Corning® Gorilla® Glass 2 and machined aluminum, this tablet only feels lightweight. It’s built to last and designed to look great and work dependably everywhere from the boardroom to the warehouse.
- It’s designed to meet military standards 810G testing for vibration, high and low temperature, temperature shock, dust, altitude, drop, shock and humidity.
- Contoured edges, an anti-smudge screen, and aluminum buttons make the HP ElitePad look and feel as good as it functions.
- With a 10.1-inch diagonal, 16:10 display, you maximize your viewing space on the move. Spend less time scrolling. More time doing. And, thanks to support for touch, pen, or voice-based input, you can work the way that suits you best.
- Get a 1080p camera in front for video calls. Shoot true-to-life photos and videos with an 8MP camera in back and a built-in flash.
Deploy, manage, and secure like nobody’s business.
- A familiar set up experience, plus available HP Custom Integration Services, make the HP ElitePad simple to deploy in existing IT environments. HP Global Series and Services ensure consistent support for business with international operations.
- You’re protected with HP Client Security. HP BIOS Protection and Microsoft Defender help keep you up and running with enhanced defense against virus attacks and other threats.
- Manage a fleet easily with Active Directory, domain join, and PXE boot support, along with HP Client Management Solutions. It’s one less thing to worry about for IT.
- Keep sensitive data and devices in-house—and save both time and money. With optional do-it-yourself maintenance tools, updates are easy. Plus, protect your investment with an optional three-year limited warranty, so you know you made a wise choice.
Flexible customization options.
- It’s an equation for success. Work on your terms with a tablet that fits your business. A complete suite of accessories gives you the freedom to customize your device your way.
- Whether it’s sales, design, education or healthcare, you’ll benefit from an assortment of software and hardware options that have been thoroughly tested for compatibility.
Get 50GB free storage and sync!
- Box® provides simple, secure sharing from anywhere with internet access for your personal and business files.
- Click on the Box icon on your HP ElitePad desktop or the Box tile on the Start screen and register for a new account to receive the offer. Offer valid through June 30, 2014.
- Operating system
Windows 8 Pro
Windows 8.1 Pro 64
Windows 8.1 64
- Processor technology:
- Intel Hyper-Threading Technology is designed to improve performance of multi-threaded software products and requires a computer system with a processor supporting HT and an HT-enabled chipset, BIOS and OS. Please contact your software provider to determine compatibility. Not all customers or software applications will benefit from the use of HT. See http://www.intel.com/info/hyperthreading for more information.
- Intel® Atom® Z2760 (1.5 GHz, up to 1.8 GHz using Intel Burst Technology and Intel Hyper-Threading Technology, 1 MB cache, 2 cores)
Dimensions and weight
Dimensions and weight
- Dimensions (W x D x H)
- 178 x 261 x 9.2 mm (6.98 x 10.24 x 0.36 in)
- Starting at 630 g (Starting at 1.38 lb)
- Memory, standard:
- 2 GB
32 GB eMMC
64 GB eMMC
128 GB eMMC
Display and graphics
Display and graphics
10.1" diagonal WXGA wide-viewing angle (1280 x 800)
Ultra- Wide-viewing angle
Capacitive multitouch screen with digitizer
Tough, durable Corning Gorilla Glass 2
Auto rotate (selectable)
- Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator
1 headphone/microphone combo
1 power connector
- Expansion slots
- 1 microSDHC
- Integrated 1080p with LED (front-facing); 8MP (rear facing)
Ambient light sensor
HP hs3120 HSPA+ Mobile Broadband with GPS support
802.11a/b/g/n dual band (2x2) and Bluetooth 4.0(Broadband use requires separately purchased service contract. Check with the service provider for coverage and availability in your area. )
- SRS Audio; Integrated stereo speakers; Integrated microphone (dual-microphone array) (noise cancelling and beam forming)
Power and operating requirements
Power and operating requirements
- Power supply
- External HP ElitePad 10W Smart AC adapter
- Battery type
- 2-cell (25 WHr) polymer HP Long Life
- Battery life
- Up to 10 hours and 30 minutes
- Security management
HP Client Security: Security Manager
Device Access Manager with Just In Time Authentication
Intel Platform Trust Technology
BIOS Absolute Persistence
Near Field Communication with Ssecure Element
- Pre-installed software
HP Support Assistant
HP BIOS Settings includes HP Shutdown Agent
HP Wireless Hotspot
Rate & Review HP ElitePad 900 G1 Tablet
(3.625 average / 8 RATINGS / 5 RECOMMENDS)
Your review has been submitted. Please note that your review may need to be reviewed and may not post immediately Sorry, your review can't be submitted. Please, try again later. rate & write a review
consumer review by GH | Nov 21,2013
Greatlittle tablet, fast efficient and great battery life. Couldn't recommend it highly enough. Great on Price as well
Product could be better designed
consumer review by Mizbol | Oct 29,2013
At first the product seemed great. Very easy to navigate. But after - months it had problems with the starting button, so that it needed for me to find support online. Now the email account has frozen, the diary is refusing to show latest input, and the photo area, the pictures have formed a pastiche; The camera does not appear to take automatic pictures; and there does not app + Read More ear to be a recovery drive for me to recover information, if i could get it repaired; I cannot see that I would recommend it with so much going wrong in such little time.
Not too bad
consumer review by LostScot | Sep 17,2013
We have recently bought 10 of these. Great wee tablets giving average performance and grate flexibility with software and app install, also the docking station makes it easy to use as a normal computer The down sides that we have had, is that they sometimes just crash locking on a blank screen. We have also had to return one for repair, estimated return time was 6 working days + Read More , where all of our other HP kit is fixed on site or locally, same or next day.
How do you back it up?
consumer review by Martinsh | Aug 05,2013
We bought 6 units for field use, with a view to getting another 10. Unfortunately it seems impossible to create a full disaster recovery image in case of a hard drive failure. Having tried using the HP software, Windows 8 software and third party solutions we have found no answer. HP Support suggested using the Media Creation tool but it doesn't appear to be installed.
Can see why I-Pad is leader!
consumer review by M80KMB | Jul 16,2013
Purchased 64Gb unit with high hopes as a package of docking station, 22" monitor screen and wireless full size keyboard and mouse. Idea was to supersede old and slow laptop and add benefits of mobility when away from office PC. Tablet feels good, looks good. Docking station easy to use and gives laptop functionality by having 4 USB ports (including a USB 3) screen connection po + Read More rt, and stands tablet at right angle for using as a table top computer. So far so good. Facility to add storage with Micro USB, brilliant! Setting up simple and easy. So far even better! Really on with this now. Then issues occurred. rear facing camera worked couple of times then "disappeared" and was just left with low resolution web/front face camera. Checked with system tools and kept getting Code 10 (Drivers). Checked drivers, no updates required, tried e-installation but still no joy. Then whole thing locked. Spent entire weekend resetting unit as it just went from bad to worse as it would reset, then not start up, so reset again and it would just hang. No chance camera would work at all. Lost few files I had loaded obviously, but fortunately as so new not really much on it. Had to keep reloading my office suite as inevitably every reset wiped them. Tried system restore, in fact every option. Big issue was there was no recovery or driver discs came with unit. Eventually I have got unit back to working OK minus camera facility. Had to reload all my apps and hunt down files I want again. Eventually got onto HP Tech support (week-days only!) and they agreed camera driver discs not available on line and will need to be sent to me. HP web site I fine hard to get at where i want to go and there is seemingly very little web based support/downloads for this tablet. Finally I purchased a HP protective case. Very poor functionality indeed. Will not go an docking station whilst in case , pain to constantly have to take it out. Front face Camera Lens (when working!) is obscured by lid. It takes intricate finger manipulation to keep it out of the way whilst try to take picture. Flap to hold unit upright or at an angel is so flimsy it either falls over or back flat. Power cord connector is pushed to an angle if you have tablet at the lower angle to view on desk, or if you stand upright the connector goes to the top, pulls the whole thing over if not careful, and sleep button is underneath unit. Conclusion: A nice looking tablet that disappoints in its routine function and usage and has soured my view of the unit.
At last a proper tablet for business.
consumer review by Bossman | May 07,2013
I waited a long time for a true windows tablet that I can use in the field, office or boardroom. As a water engineer I needed a fully connected (3G) machine that can stand up to daily site use and can easily integrate with our back office network. In the boardroom its a very capable mover and after wiping the mud off great for showing pics and video to clients. Much of our te + Read More chnical software is Windows based legacy stuff, all very specialised and the elitepad runs it all without a problem. Wrapped up in the rugged case with a shoulder strap and hand grip it is easy to use in the field and is secure from most accidental drops and knocks. Small moan, the hand grip could be better fixed but a drop of superglue soon stopped it detaching itself. Tablets have to be versatile and easy to use in the field otherwise they simply will not get used properly. Back in the clients office I pair up with a Kensington bluetooth keyboard/stand and mouse to do the stuff that really is easier with a keyboard and mouse. My opinion; there is always something bigger better and faster, but the elitepad does exactly what it says on the box, it is a very capable true business machine with good performance, good looks and great pedigree. Add in the variety of expansion jackets and dongles available and make it whatever machine you need for work. I recommend it highly if your someone who simply needs to get on and do your job.
consumer review by Newfie | Mar 20,2013
Bought a bunch of these for my company. All were easy to setup and configure. Would recommend getting a docking station to allow addition hookups (HDMI, USB, etc.) when needed. No problems with Win 8 Pro. Overall great device and glad we got these.
Enjoying my ElitePad
consumer review by | Mar 04,2013
Very happy with my new ElitePad and couldn't be more satisfied with the customer service from HP.
- Operating system
- Windows 7 Enterprise 32
- Windows 7 Enterprise 64
- Windows 7 Home Premium 32
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64
- Windows 7 Professional 32
- Windows 7 Professional 64
- Windows 8
- Windows 8 32
- Windows 8 64
- Windows 8 Pro
- Windows 8 Pro 32
- Windows 8 Pro 64
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8.1 32
- Windows 8.1 64
- Windows 8.1 Pro
- Windows 8.1 Pro 32
- Windows 8.1 Pro 64
- Windows 8.1 with Bing 32
- Windows 8.1 with Bing 64
- Windows XP Professional 32
HP recommends Windows.
- Not all features are available in all editions or versions of Windows. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers and/or software to take full advantage of Windows functionality. See http://www.microsoft.com.
Not all Windows features may be available when updating/upgrading from Windows 8 PCs. Your system may require additional hardware, drivers, software, firmware, and/or a BIOS update. Upgrading between versions, e.g. non-Pro to Pro and Media Center will incur additional fees. For complete update details, see www.windows.com/everywhere for details.
Some apps sold separately; vary by market. Some features require Windows 8.1 Update. For Windows 8 devices, the update is available through Windows Store. For Windows 8.1 devices, the update is available through Windows Update. Internet access required; fees may apply. Power button available on select devices and may not be on device shown.