- For Home
- For Business
- The new HP Z1 is the world’s first all-in-one workstation featuring an extra-large display that snaps open to let you swap out parts and make upgrades. No tools required. Unleash your creativity with accelerated performance, support for over one billion colors, and HP’s world-class reliability. The HP Z1. Advanced design from A to Z.
- Windows 8 Pro or other operating systems available
Open the display. Expand your potential.
- Get the simplicity of an all-in-one design, the power of a workstation, and the beauty of a 27" display. Upgrade or add a hard drive, graphics card, or memory by snapping it open. And enjoy the control of easily swapping out parts on your own.
- With whisper quiet acoustics, you get high-performance with no distraction. Have face-to-face meetings and capture HD-quality video with the built-in HD webcam. Plus take advantage of SRS Premium Sound to give your work the high-quality audio it deserves.
Workstation performance without compromise.
- Get HP’s only all-in-one workstation featuring a 27” diagonal display with quad-core Intel® Xeon® processors. And stay one step ahead of your imagination.
- Your most important work deserves the best memory. Avoid single-bit memory errors, help preserve data integrity, and help make system crashes a thing of the past with supported ECC memory.
High performance graphics. Incredible from every angle.
- Use professional NVIDIA Quadro graphics for blazing fast rendering and performance, and spend more time being your creative best.
- See your work clearly on a 27" diagonal LED-backlit IPS display that supports over a billion colors. With a wide, 178 degree viewing angle and an IPS panel, it’s professional any way you look at it.
Build the machine you want to drive.
- Choose from a variety of storage types, including 7.2K and 10K SATA, SSD, optional RAID configurations, removable drives (AMO), a multi-format media card reader, and optical drives including a slot-load Blu-ray Writer. Always be confident you have the tools to get the job done.
- A professional workstation calls for a variety of I/O choices, including internal and external PCI Express slots, and USB 2.0 and 3.0 for blazing fast speeds.
World-class reliability from HP.
- We design systems to be fundamentally more reliable. Then we rigorously test and optimize components to ensure it. Whether it is graphics cards, memory, or operating systems, you’re able to focus on your projects, not your machine.
- With thoroughly tested and certified hardware and software combinations, you’ll enjoy peace of mind knowing the tools you demand will work when you need them.
- Operating system
Windows 8 Pro 64
Windows 7 Professional 32 (available through downgrade rights from Windows 8 Pro 64)
Windows 7 Professional 64 (available through downgrade rights from Windows 8 Pro)
Windows 7 Professional 32
Windows 7 Professional 64
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11
HP Installer Kit for Linux
(HP Linux Installer Kit includes drivers for both 32-bit & 64-bit versions of Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS5 and WS6 and SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 64-bit. Download Red Hat Enterprise Linux (1-year paper license only) which is available as a second operating system. )
- Processor family
Intel® Core™ i3 processor
Intel® Core™ i5 processor
Intel® Xeon® E3 processor
Intel® Xeon® E3-1280v2 (3.6 GHz, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)
Intel® Xeon® E3-1245v2 with Intel HD Graphics P4000 (3.4 GHz, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)
Intel® Xeon® E3-1225v2 with Intel HD Graphics P4000 (3.2 GHz, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)
Intel® Core™ i5-3470 with Intel HD Graphics 2500 (3.2 GHz, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)
Intel® Core™ i3-3220 with Intel HD Graphics 2500 (3.3 GHz, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)
- Intel® C206
- Form factor:
- Memory, maximum
32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Unbuffered SDRAM
(4 DIMM slots, supporting up to 32 GB ECC or 16 GB non-ECC Unbuffered DDR3 1600 MHz. The CPU determines the speed at which the memory is clocked. If a 1333MHz capable CPU is used in the system, the maximum speed the memory will run at is 1333MHz regardless of the specified speed of the memory. )
- Memory slots:
- 4 DIMM
- Internal drive bays:
- One 3.5" OR Two 2.5"
- Internal drive
300 GB up to 1 TB SATA (10000 rpm)
250 GB up to 2 TB SATA (7200 rpm)
160 GB up to 512 GB SATA SSD
- Storage controller:
- Integrated SATA interfaces with RAID 0, 1 support (2x 6.0 Gb/s and 1x 3.0 Gb/s)
- Optical drive
Slim slot-load SATA Blu-ray writer
Slim slot-load SATA DVD+/-RW
Display and graphics
Display and graphics
- 27" diagonal IPS LED Backlit HP Widescreen Monitor (2560 x 1440) with up to 1.07 billion colors supported (through A-FRC technology) and 2 MP 1080p webcam
Intel® HD Graphics 2000; Intel® HD Graphics 2500; Intel® HD Graphics P3000; Intel® HD Graphics P4000
NVIDIA Quadro 500M (1 GB)
NVIDIA Quadro 1000M (2 GB); NVIDIA Quadro K3000M (2 GB)
NVIDIA Quadro K4000M (4 GB)
2 USB 3.0
7 USB 2.0
1 4-in-1 media card reader
1 IEEE 1394a
1 optical S/PDIF
1 subwoofer out
1 audio line in
1 audio line out
(3 of 7 USB 2.0 are internal)
- Expansion slots
3 mini PCIe (full-length)
(MXM dedicated for graphics )
- Network interface
Integrated Intel 802.11 a/g/n Wireless LAN & Bluetooth Combo Card
(Card is factory installed into miniPCIe slot 1. )
- Integrated High Definition IDT 92HD91, SRS Premium Sound, HP Digital Mic Array
Power and operating requirements
Power and operating requirements
- Energy efficiency
- ENERGY STAR® qualified configurations available
- Power supply
- 400W 90% efficient power supply - wide ranging active PFC
Dimensions and weight
Dimensions and weight
- Dimensions (W x D x H)
66.04 x 41.91 x 58.42 cm (26 x 16.5 x 23 in )
Starting at 21.32 kg (Starting at 47 lbs)
(Weight includes stand. Exact weight depends upon configuration.)
HP Performance Advisor
HP Remote Graphics Software (RGS) V5
HP ProtectTools Security (available as configurable option)
HP Power Assistant
PDF Complete - Corporate Edition (for Windows operating systems only)
Office Home & Business 2013 (available as configurable option)
- Security management
Optional security cable with Kensington Lock
HP Chassis Intrusion Sensor
- Protected by HP Services, including a 3 years parts, 3 years labour, and 3 years onsite service (3/3/3) standard warranty. Terms and conditions vary by country. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.
Rate & Review HP Z1 Workstation
(5.0 average / 5 RATINGS / 5 RECOMMENDS)
Your review has been submitted. Please note that your review may need to be reviewed and may not post immediately Sorry, your review can't be submitted. Please, try again later. rate & write a review
An absolute dream machine!
consumer review by AsISeeIt | Jun 15,2012
The Z1 is the best computer I have ever used in my career as a computer programmer and system integrator. Setup is a cinch and it starts with the unpacking from a well designed box. The 27 inch monitor is the perfect size and eliminates my previous need for two monitors. Text is crisp and clear, and the colors are the best I've seen on a Windows 7 system. A few adjustments are + Read More needed to properly size the text and icons on the desktop. Once that is done, the speed and clarity of every program I run is perfect, from Photoshop, InDesign to Word and Excel. Operation is very quiet with very little fan noise. The only thing I can see that needs to be fixed is the location of the 4 USB ports, RJ-45 network connector and the power connection on the back of the Z1. However, once all connections are made, the superior features and performance of this beauty take over and life is good again. The one time I had to open the back of the system, confirmed my decision. No tools needed and no hassles whatsoever. Now all the cable clutter, and the console under my desk are gone, and all I have is this wonderful computer on my desk with more available work space than before. This is truly a machine designed for the professional. It's beautiful, fast, functional, and everything I could ever want in a high end workstation. Great job, HP, keep it up.
Fanastic all-in-one workstation
consumer review by bffv1r5 | Mar 27,2013
Z1 Workstation surpassed my wildest expectations. Extremely fast with a big brilliant screen. Best computer hands down that I have ever owned.
Well put together product
consumer review by CLTReview | Mar 20,2013
This is by far the best PC I have ever owned. Shipping was really fast, packing was excellent and setup was the easiest. I'm really impressed with everything about this PC and would recommend this to anyone. Anyone thinking about purchasing one of these bad boys, should be comfortable with their choice; I am. Great job HP
Nice Machine -
consumer review by Jen7 | Nov 14,2012
Really like the all-in-one machines. I am starting to replace all my office machines with them as they are less likely to gather as much dust as the towers on the floor; they are not under foot all the time; easier to turn on - the benefits are endless...
HP challenges Apple for Fit Finish and Design
consumer review by sorcewiz | Sep 07,2012
This is a great computer. Beautifully designed with a huge screen and easily opened for memory upgrades etc. Made me smile. Good Job HP!
- Operating system
- HP Blade Workstation Client Embedded
- Windows 7 Enterprise 64
- Windows 7 Home Premium 32
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64
- Windows 7 Professional 32
- Windows 7 Professional
- Windows 7 Professional 64
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64
- Windows 8
- Windows 8 32
- Windows 8 64
- Windows 8 Enterprise
- Windows 8 Enterprise 32
- Windows 8 Enterprise 64
- Windows 8 Pro
- Windows 8 Pro 32
- Windows 8 Pro 64
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8.1 32
- Windows 8.1 64
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise 32
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64
- Windows 8.1 Pro
- Windows 8.1 Pro 32
- Windows 8.1 Pro 64
- Windows 8.1 Single Language
- Windows Vista Business 32
- Windows Vista Business 64
- Microsoft Embedded X32
- Windows XP Professional 32
- Windows XP Professional 64
- HP Installer kit for Linux
- Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers and/or software to take full advantage of Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 functionality. See http://www.microsoft.com.