HP Extends Converged Cloud Portfolio for Hybrid Delivery Environments
FRANKFURT, Germany -- HPtoday extended its Converged Cloud portfolio to help customers succeed in a hybridworld, providing the essential foundation of solutions to driveagility, speed innovation and lower costs.
The new cloud solutionsspan private, managed and public cloud environments. Theseinclude:
- HP CloudSystem and HP CloudService Automation (CSA) 3.1, which provide both the foundationand the necessary management platform for fast deployment of cloudservices.
- HP Continuous DeliveryAutomation (CDA) 1.1, which fully automates the applicationrelease process for cloud applications.
- New and enhanced HP CloudServices, which offer public cloud services in the areas ofcompute, storage and application platform as a service.
- Two new industry offerings for communication service providers(CSPs) and manufacturers.
“HP is committed todelivering cloud capabilities that enterprises can rely on,” saidBill Veghte, chief operating officer, HP. “Today’sannouncements enable customers to more affordably and easily takeadvantage of the agility of the cloud without jeopardizing theirenterprise service level agreements.”
New research conducted onbehalf of HP(1) supports the need for solutions thatspan traditional, private, managed and public cloud environments.Respondents indicated that 75 percent of business and IT executivesplan to pursue a hybrid delivery model. At the same time, 65percent are concerned with vendor lock-in, and 72 percent said thatportability of workloads between cloud models is important to theircloud implementations.
Providing choice inhybrid cloud environments
To ensure that clouds areaffordable and easy to deploy, HP has further enhanced thefunctionality of HP CloudSystem. Based on HPConverged Infrastructure and HP Cloud Service Automationsoftware, the new enhancements enable clients to:
- Manage cloud requirements for cost, security and availabilitywith an open, extensible architecture for heterogeneous ITenvironments that now include support for Kernel-based VirtualMachines (KVMs) and virtualization technologies from HP, Microsoftand VMware, as well as physical provisioning for serverblades.
- Gain instant access to additional capacity and manage unevenservice demands on an as-needed, pay-as-you go basis through new HPCloudSystem bursting capabilities.
- Reduce administration time and accelerate development ofservice offerings with an expanded HP Cloud Maps portfoliothat includes 50 new prepackaged application templates. Theportfolio now consists of more than 200 templates that allowclients to create customized catalogs of application services readyfor push-button deployment.
Providingconsistency in managing hybrid environments
HP also introduced a newversion of HP CSA, which isavailable as part of HP CloudSystem or standalone. HP CSA 3.1provides clients with a comprehensive, unified cloud managementplatform for brokering and managing enterprise-grade applicationsand infrastructures specifically for cloud services. This newversion ensures business continuity with a highly availablearchitecture that continues to operate even in the event of afailure. In addition, it offers greater protection against securitythreats with HP TippingPoint security solutions. HP CSA speeds timeto market of application services for public, private and hybridcloud environments.
Competitive pressure isdriving enterprises to deploy high-quality applications in lesstime. The new HP CDA 1.1fully automates the application release process, enabling clientsto deliver high-quality applications by eliminating delaystraditionally caused by manual hand-offs between teams during theapplication life cycle.
HP also introduced HP Cloud Solutions for CSPs, which enable CSPs to build andoperate public cloud environments for enterprise and small andmidsized business (SMB) customers. By transforming into cloudservice brokers, CSPs can profitably build, operate and monetize acloud infrastructure to accelerate the delivery of new services totheir business customers while achieving higher retention ratesamong subscribers.
Providingconfidence in cloud services consumption
HP has introduced newfunctionality to HP CloudServices, the company’s public cloud. These new offeringsenable organizations of all sizes to confidently moveenterprise-grade production workloads to the cloud. New servicesand solutions include:
- The general availability of HP CloudCompute, a pay-as-you-go model that allows users to deploy andcustomize compute instances on demand.
- The advancement of HP CloudBlock Storage, a storage solution that enables users to easilymove data from one compute instance to another, to publicbeta.
- HP Cloud Application Platform as a Service (PaaS), whichenables enterprises, developers and independent software vendors tofocus on application development and deployment. Based on the Cloud Foundry Open PaaSproject, it supports a multi-application infrastructure alongwith instant provisioning and deployment through a singleclick.
- · HPCloud Workload Migration Services, delivered in conjunctionwith HP’s partner ecosystem, helps users assess, plan and migrateexisting production workloads to HP’s public cloud without userdisruption.
Providingconfidence in supply chains
The newly enhanced HP Global ProductAuthentication Service (GPAS) allows brand owners to detect,combat and reduce the incidence of counterfeit goods andactivities. The cloud-based protection solution for manufacturersprovides real-time authentication features and an intuitive webportal with advanced business intelligence capabilities for productverification as well as fraud incidence tracking.
A recording of the HPDiscover Frankfurt press conference and additional informationabout HP’s announcements at its premier client event, HP DiscoverFrankfurt, are available at www.hp.com/go/HPDiscoverFrankfurt2012.
(1) “HP Cloudand Information Optimization,” Coleman Parkes Research, Ltd.,October 2012.
This news release containsforward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties andassumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or suchassumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidatedsubsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed orimplied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. Allstatements other than statements of historical fact are statementsthat could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but notlimited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives ofmanagement for future operations; any statements concerningexpected development, performance, market share or competitiveperformance relating to products and services; any statementsregarding anticipated operational and financial results; anystatements of expectation or belief; and any statements ofassumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertaintiesand assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends andevents; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; thedevelopment and transition of new products and services (and theenhancement of existing products and services) to meet customerneeds and respond to emerging technological trends; the executionand performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers andpartners; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets,including intellectual property licensed from third parties;integration and other risks associated with business combinationand investment transactions; the hiring and retention of keyemployees; assumptions related to pension and other post-retirementcosts and retirement programs; the execution, timing and results ofrestructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related tothe cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans;expectations and assumptions relating to the execution and timingof cost reduction programs and restructuring and integration plans;the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; andother risks that are described in HP’s Quarterly Report on Form10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended July 31, 2012 and HP’s otherfilings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP’sAnnual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31,2011. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update theseforward-looking statements.
© 2012 Hewlett-PackardDevelopment Company, L.P. The information contained herein issubject to change without notice. The only warranties for HPproducts and services are set forth in the express warrantystatements accompanying such products and services. Nothing hereinshould be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HPshall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissionscontained herein.
Ansprechpartner für Medien
HP schafft neue technologische Möglichkeiten, die Personen, Unternehmen, Behörden und der Gesellschaft bedeutende Chancen eröffnen. Als eines der weltweit größten Technologieunternehmen bietet HP ein Portfolio, das Drucklösungen, Personal Computing, Software, Services und IT-Infrastrukturen zur Bewältigung kundenspezifischer Probleme beinhaltet. Weitere Informationen über HP (NYSE: HPQ) finden Sie unter http://www.hp.com.