HP Showcases Healthcare Solutions to Drive Transformation Across Industry
ORLANDO, Fla. — HP today expanded its leading healthcare portfolio with solutions designed to help healthcare providers improve workflow, enhance patient and caregiver experience, and reduce compliance risk.
Featured HP healthcare solutions at the 2014 HIMSS Conference & Exhibition include tablets and PCs that provide access to electronic medical records, thin client and print solutions to improve workflow, and workstations that provide the performance and reliability required for healthcare environments. Each solution is designed to help physicians and nurses gain access to information and streamline day-to-day tasks so they can focus on patient care.
“HP shares our vision for a safer, higher-quality and lower-cost healthcare system,” said John Vozenitek, emergency medicine physician and chief medical officer, Jump Trading Simulation and Education Center. “HP has the tools that we need to make those impacts on patient care.”
“Technology intersecting with the continuum of care is what we do,” said Nicole Steenrod, critical care clinical education scholar, OSF Saint Francis Medical Center. “HP technology helps to make collaboration easier.”
Improve workflow, enhance patient care and reduce risk
Healthcare businesses constantly look for ways to simplify workflow so caregivers can do what they do best—care for patients. Providing healthcare workers with access to up-to-date information and cost-effective innovative print solutions during each stage of the patient experience is achieved by deploying HP’s managed print services (MPS), document management, security and mobility solutions.
Mobile solutions are transforming the patient experience, and physicians and nurses are able to provide an interactive experience at the point of care. HP tablets and mobile solutions help caregivers securely access patient and medical data when and where they want. Complementary technology—including digital signage in the waiting room, desktops to view important test results, and print solutions to ensure patients have the right instructions—helps healthcare providers deliver improved experiences for patients.
At every stage of the patient experience, security is a major concern for healthcare providers—more than 90 percent of organizations in a recent survey had at least one security breach in the last two years.(1) Increased CMS and HIPAA regulations have only increased the need for robust security management. HP Access Control and HP Security Center are two examples of solutions from HP’s portfolio of hardware, software and service offerings for evaluating and implementing solutions to protect confidential information, avoid noncompliance costs and enhance device security.
“Healthcare providers crave help from trusted advisors to embrace technology that improves and optimizes the care continuum,” said Kevin Murphy, vice president, Strategy and Business Enablement, Printing and Personal Systems, HP. “As a strategic technology partner, HP works with healthcare providers step by step to realize organizational and technology enabled change.”
HP’s expanded portfolio of transformational healthcare solutions helps organizations optimize care at each stage of the patient experience, from admissions to checkout. Featured products from HP’s healthcare solutions portfolio and partner solutions will be demonstrated at HIMSS in HP booth No. 1949.
Streamline the admissions process
- HP Digital Signage with multitouch screens powering software from Four Winds Interactive allows hospitals to implement self-check-in and keep patients engaged with interactive content in the waiting room.
- HP Slate Pro 21 and HP ElitePad with Retail Jacket provide quick access to information, giving patients and administrators a more versatile experience.
- HP OfficeJet Pro X prints admissions wristbands with the world’s fastest desktop print times.(2) Paired with the HP ElitePad and HP ePrint, this solution enables administrators to use single sign on to quickly authenticate for secure tap-and-go printing.(3)
Improve workflow at nurses and doctors stations
- HP t620 Flexible Thin Client and single-sign on solutions from Imprivata improve workflow with quick, secure access to data on multiple devices.
- HP ElitePad with Security Jacket, with optional software from Imprivata, uses an integrated smart card and fingerprint reader to simplify login and prevent unauthorized access to important patient data.
- HP Access Control and secure printing from TROY Healthcare Solutions on the HP LaserJet Enterprise flow MFP help reduce risk and boost performance for healthcare providers printing a high volume of sensitive information.
- HP Z1 All-In-One Workstation utilizing Medweb Collage telemedicine solutions delivers live data streaming from rural and emergency areas and provides secure visualization and continuous access to patient data.
HP ZBook14 Mobile Workstation enables physicians to be mobile when moving between patients, while still maintaining the power and flexibility to switch to a desktop.
Enhance patient experience at the point of care
- HP Digital Signage and HP ElitePad using the Oneview Healthcare Solution give physicians and nurses interactive access to information and clinical applications.
- HP Z Display on Humanscale Healthcare’s mobile cart on wheels provides physicians with access to information at the patient bedside, without sacrificing reliability or security.
- HP Chromebooks, HP EliteBooks and HP Mobile Thin Clients supported by seamless end-to-end client virtualization environments provide caregivers with productive, personal workspaces on any device with network access.
(1) “Third Annual Benchmark Study on Patient Privacy & Data Security,” Ponemon Institute, December 2012.
(2) Guinness World Record for fastest time to print 500 sheets by an office color desktop printer, April 2012. Record set on HP X576dw models. Details at guinnessworldrecords.com. Record supervised and verified by WirthConsulting.org. Test documents ISO 24734 from sample four-page category test file printed in fastest available color mode for all products. Competitive set includes laser and inkjet color desktop MFPs <$1,000 USD and printers <$800 USD available March 2012.
(3) HP ePrint on HP ElitePad requires an Internet connection to HP web-enabled printer and HP ePrint account registration. A list of eligible printers, supported documents and image types, and other HP ePrint details is available at www.hp.com/eprint.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the need to address the many challenges facing HP’s businesses; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; risks associated with executing HP’s strategy and plans for future operations; the impact of macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the need to manage third-party suppliers and the distribution of HP’s products and services effectively; the protection of HP’s intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; risks associated with HP’s international operations; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its suppliers, customers, clients and partners; the hiring and retention of key employees; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2013, and that are otherwise described or updated from time to time in HP’s Securities and Exchange Commission reports. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2014 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Ansprechpartner für Medien
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2015 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.