- For Home
- For Business
- Are your ever expanding data storage, protection and retention needs getting out of hand?
The HP StoreEver MSL6480 Tape Library is the gold standard for mid-range tape automation, delivering best-in-class scalability, density, and performance to meet your short-term backup and disaster recovery data protection needs, as well as long-term archival requirements. Keep pace with data growth by seamlessly scaling up to 7 modules—without disrupting daily data protection.
You also save extensive space, as the MSL6480 provides the highest tape drive density per module of any mid-range tape library. The MSL6480 Tape Library reduces the time and resources needed to achieve enterprise-class manageability, equipping you with proactive monitoring on single pane of glass control. Reduce TCO by reusing current MSL tape drives and adding more capacity and performance as you need it.
Competitively priced, the MSL6480 Tape Library offers an outstanding return on your storage investment.
Driving the Industry in Scalability for a Better Tape Solution
- The HP StoreEver MSL6480 Tape Library preserves your initial capital investment with a single solution that scales seamlessly to accommodate your requirements. You can effortlessly address both your short-term and long-term storage needs and respond to unpredictable growth, service or changes.
- The MSL6480 Tape Library has scale-out architecture which allows you to pay as you grow - simply add in new modules to boost capacity and performance without investing in a whole new library. When needed, upgrades are fast and non-disruptive.
- You can scale vertically from 80 to 560 cartridge slots to store up to 3.5 PB in a single 19-inch rack; add in between 1 and 42 LTO-5 or LTO-6 half-height SAS or FC drives for speeds of up to 60.4 TB/hour (assumes LTO-6 with 2.5:1 data compression) which can save you lots of time.
- You can easily manage expansion module installations as they are simple to configure and remove. The MSL6480 features a touch operator control panel with wizards for easy install and configuration. (NOTE All performance quoted assume fully expanded tape library with LTO-6 at 2.5:1 compression.)
- HP StoreEver MSL Tape Libraries easily manage your media both in or out of the tape library with a standard bar code reader and removable magazines.
Reduce Administration Time—Enterprise-class Manageability and Reliability
- The HP StoreEver MSL6480 Tape Library will free up your resources with automated, consolidated and simplified data protection and archive capabilities that reduce human intervention and error, adding more to your bottom line.
- Your administrators can manage, configure and use the library from across the room or across the globe with HP-unique, web-based remote management and diagnostic tools.
- Administrators can proactively and intelligently monitor utilization, operational performance and overall life and health of the drives and media that support your data. TapeAssure Advanced also provides availability of your data placed in long-term storage in minutes, not hours.
Save Money – Reduce Power, Cooling, Floor Space and Hardware Costs
- The HP StoreEver MSL6480 Tape Library offers 13 cartridge slots, or up to 81 TBs per 1U of rack space using LTO-6 drives, while providing the highest tape drive density per module of any mid-range tape library, providing flexible options to consider for your business.
- The MSL6480 Tape Library offers scalability from 80 to 560 slots with a single expandable library, so there’s no need to rip and replace as your storage requirements grow. This consolidated solution saves media, servicing, power, cooling, and other management overheads.
- For existing customers, you can reuse your MSL2024, 4048, 8048 and 8096 tape drive canisters in the MSL6480 Tape Library to leverage existing investments.
- Partitioning enables even greater asset utilization by consolidating multiple libraries and applications into a single tape library.
Reduce Risk—Dependable Multi-year Data Protection and Security
- The MSL6480 Tape Library will safeguard your data while it’s in the library, after export, and when it’s offsite with integrated security features. HP native library-based data encryption and key management capabilities deliver a low-cost data security solution that doesn’t require ISV support.
- You can depend on long-term data archiving with media specified to a 30 year shelf-life in normal ambient conditions. Easily transport rugged LTO cartridges off-site for disaster recovery purposes, and use WORM media for protection against accidental overwrite.
- HP StoreOpen Linear Tape File System (LTFS) provides file management capabilities, making tape as easy to access and share as disks. Retrieve files from long-term storage without depending on backup software or hardware.
- Drive type:
- LTO-6 Ultrium 6250
- LTO-5 Ultrium 3000
- (0) included
- 500TB Compressed 2.5:1
- 240TB Native
- Maximum depending on drives selected
- Host interface:
- 8 Gb Fibre Channel
- 6 Gb/sec SAS
- Depending on drive type
- Transfer rate:
- 1.4 TB/hr
- Compressed 2.5:1
- Maximum depending on drive type and number of drives
- Number of cartridge slots:
- Encryption capability:
- AES 256-bit
- Form factor:
Dimensions and weight
Dimensions and weight
- Minimum dimensions (W x D x H):
- 26.8 x 47.5 x 89.2 cm
- 43.6 kg
- 80-slot Tape Library Scalable Base Module in a 6U rack-mount form factor (Zero Tape Drives) Rack ready, encryption-capable, RoHS2 compliant
- Warranty - year(s) (parts/labor/onsite):
- What's in the box:
- MSL6480Tape Library with (0)drives, (2) 2.5M PDU Power Cords (C13/C14, 10A), Rack-mount hardware, Getting started poster, Redundant Power Supplies
Rate & Review HP StoreEver MSL6480 Scalable Base Module
( average / RATINGS / RECOMMENDS)
Your review has been submitted. Please note that your review may need to be reviewed and may not post immediately Sorry, your review can't be submitted. Please, try again later. rate & write a review
HP is committed to providing our customers with information about the chemical substances in our products as needed to comply with legal requirements such as REACH (Regulation EC No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council). A chemical information report for this product can be found at: www.hp.com/go/reach.