HP Converged Storage — featuring HP StoreVirtual Storage, HP 3PAR StoreServ Storage, and HP StoreOnce Backup — delivers next-generation architectures designed to enhance the benefits of virtualized server, client and cloud deployments.
HP Converged Storage will help your business:
- Optimize VM density, application availability and business continuity
- Simplify provisioning and management to reduce administration costs
- Save on storage costs by increasing capacity utilization and efficiency
Learn more about how we work with VMware, Microsoft, and Citrix.
How this benefits you:
- Performance-optimized to as much as double VM density per server
Storage performance dictates VM density. HP's scale-out designs with clustered architectures, wide striping and data tiering options ensure optimal performance under unpredictable mixed and heavy VM workloads including boot storms in virtual desktop environments.
- Resilient clustered architectures so your business stays online
From unique LeftHand RAID and StoreVirtual Multi-site systems to 3PAR StoreServ’s mesh-active clustered controller designs, HP enables seamless VM mobility and high availability like no other storage vendor.
- Pay as you grow and cut capacity requirements by 50% or more
HP's storage efficiency innovations include hardware-assisted thinning to convert legacy storage and deliver high performance levels — even at greater than 80% capacity utilization.
- Deploy new VMs in seconds and cut management overhead by up to 90%
Autonomic, self-managing systems and deep integration with hypervisor tools and technologies accelerate deployment and minimize operating expenses.
VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V integration
HP has longstanding partnerships with the leading virtualization software providers and we invest with these partners in the areas of integration, solution development and joint support processes to help you optimize performance, simplify management, speed deployment and reduce risk.
- VMware: HP Converged Storage integration with VMware includes vSphere storage technologies including VAAI, VASA, PSA, VADP and other VMware software such as Site Recovery Manager and vCenter Server. HP StoreVirtual Storage is certified for use with vSphere Metro Storage Cluster (vMSC) and HP StoreVirtual VSA is certified with VMware’s Storage Virtual Appliance program.
- Microsoft: HP Converged Storage and Microsoft Hyper-V integration includes Microsoft System Center VMM and Operations Manager, Windows Server 2012 with copy offload and thin provisioning as well as support for VSS and SMI-S.
For more information:
HP Virtualization with VMware
HP Virtualization Solutions with Microsoft Hyper-V
HP Virtualization with Citrix
View all documents for virtualization
Protecting your virtualized environment
HP StoreOnce Backup offers deduplication optimized to protect virtual servers — from small sites to datacenters — while reducing capacity requirements. Minimize disruption and maximize efficiency with industry-leading throughput and deduplication ratios that nearly eliminate backup window requirements and cut capacity needs by 95% or more.
HP StoreOnce Backup
Accelerating your virtualization deployment and results
HP also offers turnkey solutions and reference architectures based on HP Converged Infrastructure for both server and client virtualization for those who want to avoid the complexity, time and expense of building their own virtualization solution. HP VirtualSystem delivers a Converged Infrastructure consisting of best-in-class HP storage, servers, networking and software that is delivered pre-tested, pre-configured and ready to run with installed virtualization software from VMware, Microsoft or Citrix.
For more information:
HP VirtualSystem for VMware environments
HP VirtualSystem for Microsoft environments
HP VirtualSystem CV2 Solutions for Microsoft and Citrix
HP VirtualSystem CV2 Solutions for VMware
Rise to a new level of agility and efficiency