- For Home
- For Business
- By industry
- For Home
- For Business
- By industry
Fixed Port L3 Managed Ethernet Switches
HP 6600 Switch Series
Special Offer: Special Offers:
- The HP 6600 Switch Series consists of advanced data center server edge switches. The 6600 Switch Series includes 10/100/1000BASE-T and 10GbE SFP+ 1U rackmount switches enhanced for server edge connectivity with front-to-back (reversible) airflow, redundant hot-swappable power, and redundant hot-swappable fans.
The foundation for the switch series is a purpose-built, programmable ProVision ASIC that allows the most demanding networking features, such as quality of service (QoS) and security, to be implemented in a scalable yet granular fashion. With a variety of connectivity interfaces and expanded buffering, the HP 6600 Switch Series offers excellent investment protection, flexibility, and scalability, as well as ease of deployment and reduced operational expense.
- OpenFlow: supports OpenFlow 1.0 and 1.3 specifications to enable SDN by allowing separation of the data (packet forwarding) and control (routing decision) paths
Quality of Service (QoS)
- Layer 4 prioritization: enables prioritization based on TCP/UDP port numbers
- Class of Service (CoS): sets the IEEE 802.1p priority tag based on IP address, IP Type of Service (ToS), Layer 3 protocol, TCP/UDP port number, source port, and DiffServ
- Bandwidth shaping: Port-based rate limiting: provides per-port ingress-/egress-enforced increased bandwidth. Classifier-based rate limiting: uses an access control list (ACL) to enforce increased bandwidth for ingress traffic on each port. Reduced bandwidth: provides per-port, per-queue egress-based reduced bandwidth.
- Advanced classifier-based QoS: classifies traffic using multiple match criteria based on Layer 2, 3, and 4 information; applies QoS policies such as setting priority level and rate limit to selected traffic on a per-port or per-VLAN basis
- Traffic prioritization: allows real-time traffic classification into eight priority levels mapped to eight queues
Data center optimized
- Front-to-back airflow: designed to be collocated at the top of a server rack, the 6600 Switch Series supports front-to-back airflow (mechanically reversible) to support hot aisle/cold aisle configurations; the N+N fan tray is also hot-swappable, allowing easy replacement in the rack
- Modular internal power supplies: support redundant, hot-swappable power supply configurations (units ship with one supply); power load is shared across dual supplies
- Server-to-switch distributed trunking: supports Layer 2 LACP groups from a single server across two different switches for active-active server NIC teaming configurations
- Power down idle ports: save power by powering down blocks of idle Gigabit and 10GbE ports; idle ports can be reinitialized without rebooting; available on 6600-24XG and 6600-48G-4XG models
- Out-of-band management: remotely monitors and manages switch via Ethernet out-of-band management port; eliminates the need for terminal server network; available on 6600-24XG and 6600-48G-4XG models
- Remote intelligent mirroring: mirrors selected ingress/egress traffic based on ACL, port, MAC address, or VLAN to a local or remote HP 8200 zl, 6600, 6200 yl, 5400 zl, or 3500 Switch located anywhere on the network
- RMON, XRMON, and sFlow v5: provide advanced monitoring and reporting capabilities for statistics, history, alarms, and events
- Uni-Directional Link Detection (UDLD): monitors a cable between two switches and shuts down the ports on both ends if the cable is broken, turning the bidirectional link into a unidirectional one; this prevents network problems such as loops
- IEEE 802.1AB Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP): advertises and receives management information from adjacent devices on a network, facilitating easy mapping by network management applications
- Management simplicity: provided by common networking features and CLI implementation (common across HP 8200 zl, 6600, 6200 yl, 5400 zl, and 3500 Switches)
Primary port type
Maximum number of ports
* Excluding local taxes and custom duties as applicable in country.
HP is committed to providing our customers with information about the chemical substances in our products as needed to comply with legal requirements such as REACH (Regulation EC No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council). A chemical information report for this product can be found at: www.hp.com/go/reach.