- HP recommends Windows.
HP Z600 Workstation
HP Z620 Workstation
Select a model
Special Offer:Special Offers:
- More versatile than ever before. With up to 16 discrete processor cores, the HP Z620 Workstation packs a ton of computing and visualization power into a quiet, compact footprint. This dual-socket system helps you boost productivity with next-generation Intel® Xeon® processors and support for up to 8 displays.
- Windows 8 Pro or other operating systems available
Big Possibilities. Compact Form Factor.
- With its innovative design, the HP Z620 Workstation gives you a near silent computing solution in a form factor that’s a perfect fit for space-constrained environments.
- And for easy servicing and upgrades, it features a completely tool-less chassis with integrated handles and a tool-free power supply.
The Performance You Demand.
- Get massive system performance with a small footprint. The HP Z620 features the next evolution in processor technology and system architecture, setting the standard for versatility with support for a single Intel E5-1600 Series Xeon® processor or dual Intel E5-2600 Series Xeon® processors.
- Now with up to 16 cores, the HP Z620 powerhouse supports a full range of processors, to help you get more done every minute.
Bring Your Ideas To Life Faster.
- The HP Z620 is designed to support next generation PCI express Gen3 graphics technology that doubles the bandwidth in and out of the card. The HP Z620 offers a huge variety of professional graphics from NVIDIA and AMD – from Pro 2D to Extreme 3D.
- With 800W 90% efficient power supply and support for up to 8 displays, the HP Z620 gives you the freedom of doing and seeing more.
Modify Your Machine.
- Customize the HP Z620 Workstation the way you want to with a variety of expansion options, including USB 3.0 for blazing fast speeds and up to 12 memory slots capable of supporting 96GB of the latest generation of DDR3 memory.
- With 3 internal drive bays and 2 external bays, choose from a variety of storage types including SATA 7.2K/10K, SAS 10K/15K and SSD.
Complete Peace of Mind.
- HP workstations offer BFR/PVC-free and ENERGY STAR® qualified configurations featuring 90% efficient power supplies.
- All HP Workstations come with a limited 3-year parts, 3-year labor and 3-year onsite service (3/3/3) standard warranty that is extendable up to 5 years.
- Operating system
- Windows 8 Pro 64
Windows 7 Professional 32 (available through downgrade rights from Windows 8 Pro 64)
Windows 7 Professional 64 (available through downgrade rights from Windows 8 Pro 64)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64
Windows 7 Professional 32
Windows 7 Professional 64
HP Installer Kit for Linux
(HP Linux Installer Kit includes drivers for both 32-bit & 64-bit OS versions of Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS5 and WS6 and SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 64-bit. Red Hat Enterprise Linux: Software is not loaded on hard drive. URL and software license number for downloading latest version is included in box. )
- Intel® Xeon® E5-1603 (2.8 GHz, 10 MB cache, 4 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-1607 (3 GHz, 10 MB cache, 4 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-1620 (3.6 GHz, 10 MB cache, 4 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-1650 (3.2 GHz, 12 MB cache, 6 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-1660 (3.3 GHz, 15 MB cache, 6 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2603 (1.8 GHz, 10 MB cache, 4 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2609 (2.4 GHz, 10 MB cache, 4 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2620 (2 GHz, 15 MB cache, 6 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2630 (2.3 GHz, 15 MB cache, 6 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2640 (2.5 GHz, 15 MB cache, 6 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2643 (3.3 GHz, 10 MB cache, 4 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2650 (2 GHz, 20 MB cache, 8 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2660 (2.2 GHz, 20 MB cache, 8 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2665 (2.4 GHz, 20 MB cache, 8 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2667 (2.9 GHz, 15 MB cache, 6 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2670 (2.6 GHz, 20 MB cache, 8 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2680 (2.7 GHz, 20 MB cache, 8 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2690 (2.9 GHz, 20 MB cache, 8 cores)
- Intel® C602
- Form factor:
- Rackable minitower
- Memory, maximum
- 96 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Unbuffered SDRAM
96 GB1600 MHzDDR3 Registered SDRAM
(Actual memory speed dependent on processor. Registered and unbuffered DIMMS may not be mixed. )
- Memory slots:
- Up to 12 DIMMs (8 DIMMs on system board, 4 DIMMs on 2nd CPU & Memory Module)
- Internal drive bays:
- Three 8,9 cm (3.5")
- External drive bays:
- Three 13,3 cm (5.25")
- Internal drive
- 300 GB up to 600 GB SAS (15000 rpm)
300 GB up to 600 GB SAS (10000 rpm)
250 GB up to 1 TB SATA (10000 rpm)
250 GB up to 3 TB SATA (7200 rpm)
500 GB SATA SED
128 GB up to 300 GB SATA SSD
256 GB SATA SE SSD
- Storage controller:
- Integrated SATA 6.0 Gb/s; Integrated SATA 3.0 Gb/s with RAID 0, 1, 10 support; LSI MegaRAID 9260-8i SAS 6.0 Gb/s ROC RAID and iBBU08 Battery Backup Unit (selected models); LSI 9212 4-Port SAS 6.0 Gb/s RAID (selected models)
- Optical drive
- SATA DVD-ROM
- SATA SuperMulti DVD+/-RW
- Slot-load SATA DVD+/-RW
- SATA Blu-ray writer
Display and graphics
Display and graphics
- Professional 2D:
NVIDIA NVS 300 (512 MB); NVIDIA NVS 310 (512 MB); NVIDIA NVS 510 (2 GB)
NVIDIA Quadro 410 (512 MB); NVIDIA Quadro 600 (1 GB); NVIDIA Quadro K600 (1 GB); AMD FirePro V3900 (1 GB)
NVIDIA Quadro 2000 (1 GB); NVIDIA Quadro K2000 (2 GB)
NVIDIA Quadro 4000 (2 GB); NVIDIA Quadro K4000 (3 GB); NVIDIA Quadro K5000 (4 GB); AMD FirePro W7000 (4 GB); NVIDIA Quadro 6000 (6 GB)
High Performance GPU Computing:
NVIDIA Tesla C2075 Compute Processor; NVIDIA Tesla K20 Compute Processor
- 4 USB 3.0
- 5 USB 2.0
- 2 IEEE 1394a
- 2 microphone
- 1 headphone
- 2 RJ-45
- 1 line in
- 1 line out/headphone
- Expansion slots
- 2 PCIe Gen3 x16
- 1 PCIe Gen3 x8
- 1 PCIe Gen2 x8
- 1 PCIe Gen2 x4
- 1 PCI
- Network interface
- Integrated Intel 82579LM PCIe gigabit controller; Broadcom 5761 NetXtreme gigabit NIC (optional); HP 361T PCIe dual-port gigabit NIC (optional); Intel Gigabit CT Desktop NIC (optional)
- Integrated High Definition Realtek ALC262
- Energy efficiency:
- ENERGY STAR® qualified configurations available
- 800W 90% efficient wide ranging, active PFC
Dimensions and weight
Dimensions and weight
- Minimum dimensions (W x D x H):
- 17.15 x 46.48 x 44.45 cm
- Starting at 15.5 kg
- Security management:
- Cable Lock Support (standard - cable optional)
- Removable Media Write/Boot Control (standard)
- Power-On Password (standard)
- Setup Password (standard)
- Kensington Cable Lock (optional)
- HP Solenoid Hood Lock and Sensor (optional)
- HP Solenoid Lock (optional)
- 3-year limited warranty including 3 years of parts, labour, and next-business-day onsite service. Terms and conditions vary by country. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.
- Operating system
- All options
- HP Blade Workstation Client Embedded
- Windows 7 Enterprise 64
- Windows 7 Home Premium 32
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64
- Windows 7 Professional 32
- Windows 7 Professional 64
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64
- Windows 8
- Windows 8 32
- Windows 8 64
- Windows 8 Enterprise
- Windows 8 Enterprise 32
- Windows 8 Enterprise 64
- Windows 8 Pro
- Windows 8 Pro 32
- Windows 8 Pro 64
- Windows Vista Business 32
- Windows Vista Business 64
- Microsoft Embedded X32
- Windows XP Professional 32
- Windows XP Professional 64
- HP Installer kit for Linux
- Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 8. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware to take full advantage of Windows 8 functionality. See http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ for details.
HP is committed to providing our customers with information about the chemical substances in our products as needed to comply with legal requirements such as REACH (Regulation EC No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council). A chemical information report for this product can be found at: www.hp.com/go/reach.
Open menu: Select another location or language-Close menu: Select another location or language Middle East
- Open popup menuAbout HP|
- Open popup menuResources|
- Open popup menuHP Partners|Beginning HP Partners contentHP Partners
- Open popup menuCustomer Support