AppDV is a set of filters that can be deployed via the HP TippingPoint NGIPS that gives security, IT or network managers granular control over applications running on their network. Using these filters, IT managers can block usage of top social networking, IM, P2P, Webmail, streaming audio/video, online gaming, and/or tunneling applications. Or, if needed, managers can allow access to applications like Facebook or YouTube, but deny or limit user access to certain functions within the app, such as embedded chat or file uploads.
- Search filters that cover a wide range of business and Web 2.0 applications
- Enforce application policies broadly or specifically
- Address critical issue of bandwidth consumption and management
- Simplified deployment and management
- Enforce transactional control of applications