HP Empowers Midsize Businesses to Thrive in a Mobile World
HONG KONG, July 16, 2012 — HP today announced new offerings to help midsize businesses prepare their technology infrastructures for a growing mobile workforce.
With more than 1.1 billion mobile appliances in use worldwide,(1) organizations of all sizes are challenged by the need to access, manage and secure mobile devices and the data generated by them. HP Converged Infrastructure provides the ideal platform for secure continuous access to data and applications. With partner solutions from Citrix, Microsoft and VMware, HP also delivers improved employee accessibility and productivity as the requirements for mobility continue to grow.
New offerings from HP include technology solutions and services, as well as training programs that enable resource-challenged midsize businesses to simplify IT while enhancing collaboration in an increasingly mobile world.Simplified infrastructure for midsize businesses embracing mobility
According to Gartner research, by 2016, at least 50 percent of business email users will rely primarily on a tablet or mobile client instead of a traditional desktop.(2) The trend to use devices to access email and other business data requires midsize businesses to prepare their infrastructures to support increased mobility.
New HP solutions and services enable organizations to:
- Improve security with HP Client Virtualization SMB virtual desktop solution. The solution includes reference architectures—such as HP ProLiant Generation 8 (Gen8) servers and client virtualization software from Citrix, Microsoft or VMware—that protects company data by storing user profiles and data on a centralized server. This enables midsize businesses to provide secure access to applications from thin clients, laptops, tablets and smartphones. Information remains protected on the server even if the device is lost.
- Reduce risk and complexity of client virtualization projects with HP Client Virtualization, Analysis and Modeling, a prepackaged service that analyzes the existing IT environment to simplify and speed deployment of virtualization for midsize organizations and help them embrace mobile technology.
- Increase uptime for a growing mobile workforce with HP Business Protection Solutions, preconfigured reference architectures based on HP Converged Infrastructure and best practices in data protection, network security and disaster recovery. These customized solutions guide midsize businesses in the design of a risk-mitigation program to ensure continued accessibility to company data from a mobile device.
- Address the explosion of unstructured data from a growing mobile workforce with increased capacity and simplified management featured with HP X5000 Storage. This highly available clustered network attached storage (NAS) platform reduces IT administration time for midsize businesses by ensuring users have access to file data from their mobile devices.
To support the acceleration of mobile devices, HP and its partners are helping midsize businesses improve employee productivity and drive business efficiency.
- Improves collaboration with HP Unified Communications & Collaboration (UC&C) Solutions with Microsoft Lync, an integrated hardware and software solution that enables midsize businesses to securely video conference, share information on desktops and collaborate to improve productivity. The comprehensive UC&C solution includes Microsoft Lync software, HP Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) phones, HP networking and HP ProLiant Gen8 servers, storage and services.
HP provides midsize businesses and channel partners with a broad range of programs to drive growth, create new revenue streams and ensure collaboration. Enhanced programs provide:
- Increased sales reach with Coffee Coaching from HP and Microsoft, which provides multi-language educational opportunities for HP channel partners in Asia and other regions. The program—now expanded to Korea, Indonesia, Taiwan and Thailand— uses social media to reach more than 62,000 channel partners with educational sales and technical videos, as well as best practices. Additional information can be found on, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and the Coffee Coaching blog.
- Improved business skills for midsize business owners through HP Learning Initiative for Entrepreneurs (HP LIFE) e-Learning. The new cloud-based platform, hosted on HP Converged Cloud infrastructure, offers free information and courses to help midsize businesses establish or grow their businesses. HP LIFE has helped establish or expand over 19,700 businesses and helped create 43,000 jobs worldwide since 2007.(3)
HP now has 31 HP LIFE training centers in Australia, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, New Zealand, South Korea, Thailand and Vietnam.
The HP Client Virtualization SMB Reference Architecture for Microsoft VDI is scheduled to be available in September. All other solutions and services are available now through HP and worldwide channel partners.
HP’s premier Europe, Middle East and Africa client event, HP Discover, takes place Dec. 4-6 in Frankfurt, Germany.
(1) IDC, DC Directions 2012, “Mobility Devices: The Truth about Tablets, Touch, Notebooks, PCs and Phones,” by Bob O’Donnell, May 2012.
(2) Gartner Inc., “Gartner Reveals Top Predictions for IT Organizations and Users for 2012 and Beyond,” December 2011.
(3) HP internal sources.
Microsoft is a U.S. registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.