HP Introduces Intelligent Security Solutions to Drive Innovation, Reduce Risk
HP today announced additions to its security solutions portfolio that enable enterprises to assess, transform, optimize and manage their security environments to proactively protect what matters.
Cloud, mobility and big data initiatives are helping organizations solve pressing challenges, while driving accelerated innovation, enhanced agility and improved financial management. However, these initiatives also can introduce big security concerns.
According to new research conducted on behalf of HP, concerns around understanding security requirements for cloud services are top of mind for more than two-thirds of business and technology executives in Asia Pacific and Japan. More than three quarters of those surveyed also indicated they are concerned about how to secure and consume big data.(1)
Almost two-thirds of those surveyed are concerned about mobile data loss or theft. In addition, more than half of respondents admitted that their organizations spend more time and money on reactive measures than on proactive risk management.
A reactive, perimeter-based approach to security is no longer sufficient. Enterprises need proactive, intelligent security solutions that span traditional and hybrid delivery models, and address the challenges brought on by these new shifts in IT.
“Cybersecurity threats are growing exponentially, and without a proactive information risk management strategy, enterprise growth, innovation and efficiencies are hindered,” said Steve Yao, general manager of North Asia, Enterprise Security Products, Hewlett-Packard Company.
“HP helps clients protect what matters most to their organizations by delivering intelligent security solutions that prioritize security resources to help identify threats earlier and enable a faster response time,” said John Maynard, general manager and strategic development director, HP Enterprise Security Services, Hewlett-Packard Asia Pacific & Japan.
Intelligent security for the public sector
For public sector organizations, security threats are continuing to escalate, regulations are becoming more complex and budgets are shrinking. HP Security for Public Sector reflects the breadth and depth of HP’s security services capabilities to meet the exacting standards of these organizations worldwide.
New additions to this portfolio include:
- New features added to HP Assured Identity, a solution that offers simplified identity, credential and access management. It enables tighter controls against insider threats, robust identity proofing and reduced complexity around secure information sharing between collaborating organizations.
- Comprehensive Applications Threat Analysis (CATA) on Demand lowers the cost of application security by addressing threats throughout the development life cycle.
- HP Security Operations Center (SOC) Consulting Services, designed for public sector clients outside the United States, enable clients to establish an on-site intelligent cybersecurity operations center. Clients also can acquire HP Services to assist in managing the center. This service complements HP’s U.S. Public Sector security consulting and security operations center service.
Proactively manage risk with intelligent security solutions
HP also unveiled new products to provide clients transparency and control over their entire organization. New offerings include:
- HP ArcSight Enterprise Security Manager 6.0c is a powerful, scalable security monitoring and compliance solution that identifies and remediates cyberthreats faster than ever before. HP ArcSight Enterprise Security Manager rapidly identifies security threats across an organization’s infrastructure and prioritizes critical issues to reduce potential damage.
- HP TippingPoint NX Platform Next Generation Intrusion Prevention Systems (NGIPS)ensures protection across network devices, virtual machines, operating systems and business-critical applications by adding significant capacity for deep-packet traffic inspection. The new modular architecture is designed to adapt automatically to threats as they are discovered, while allowing organizations to save rack space and maintain consistent power consumption and cooling costs.
HP also announced a mobile application for IT security professionals that utilizes data from HP Digital Vaccine Labs (DVLabs) to monitor current and trending cyberthreats.
Protecting against printer-based intrusions
HP’s intelligent security solutions also extend to print environments. Offerings include:
- HP Access Control (HP AC) Printing Solutions, expanded for the healthcare industry, enhance device security and improve companywide printing policies with secure authentication, secure pull printing, intelligent management and job accounting.
- HP Imaging and Printing Security Assessment reviews the print environment from a security and compliance perspective, minimizing the risks of unattended documents, sensitive data processing from a computer to a printer, and confidential information on device hard drives.
- Enhanced HP Imaging and Printing Security Center (IPSC), a policy-based solution, increases security automation while reducing risk through broader device and operating-system compatibility, expanded HP Instant-on Security device support and powerful password management capabilities.
HP also announced an industry first by surpassing 2.5 billion lines of code under subscription as part of its HP Fortify on Demand (FoD) application security Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution. HP Fortify leads the industry with the capability to harden the attack surface of applications with both static and dynamic application testing for 21 languages, more than any other vendor. In addition, for mobile computing security, HP Fortify offers SaaS testing services for both the iOS and Android operating systems.
Additional information about HP Enterprise Security solutions is available at
HP’s premier Europe, Middle East and Africa client event, HP Discover, takes place Dec. 4-6 in Frankfurt, Germany.
(1) “HP Research: Security and Risk Management,” Coleman Parkes Research, Ltd., July 2012.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc. iOS is a trademark of Apple Computer, Inc.
News Advisories and Fact Sheet
- News advisory: HP Research Reveals Need for Proactive Security
- News advisory: HP Strengthens Application and System Security with New Services for Government Agencies
- News advisory: HP Enterprise Security Manager Delivers Advanced Security Monitoring to Accelerate Detection and Remediation
- News advisory: HP Secures Enterprises’ Complex IT Environments with Next Generation Intrusion Prevention System
- News advisory: HP Helps Enterprises Support Policy Compliance, Protect Print Environments with Security Solutions
- Fact Sheet: HP Fortify on Demand Is First SaaS Application to Pass 2.5 Billion Lines of Code Tested
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2015 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.