OneAsia Selects HP to Support Growing Customer Demand for Cloud Services
In response to customer demand, OneAsia was established to provide cloud and managed services to businesses of all sizes in Hong Kong. The growth of OneAsia’s initial set of cloud services led to the development of Cloud8tation, a new portfolio of cloud-based Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Software-as-a-Service offerings.
To launch Cloud8tation, OneAsia needed a cost-effective, scalable and reliable solution that could rapidly provision cloud infrastructure and applications. OneAsia chose HP CloudSystem Matrix, built on HP Converged Infrastructure as the foundation for the new service. HP CloudSystem, a core element of the HP Converged Cloud portfolio, enables OneAsia to simplify the creation of private, semi-private and public clouds for customers.
In addition, OneAsia is leveraging HP Cloud Maps in combination with HP CloudSystem to reduce the time to create new cloud services from months to minutes. HP Cloud Maps are pre-packaged application templates with automated provisioning and service catalog delivery capabilities that shave weeks off the process of architecting cloud services. With the ability to deliver services faster, OneAsia can better respond to customers’ fluctuating business demands and critical IT requirements.
“As demand for cloud computing in Hong Kong grows, we need to provide fast, reliable and cost-effective services to remain competitive,” said Dominic Wong, executive director, OneAsia Network Limited. “HP enabled us to build a scalable and agile infrastructure that quickly meets customer needs while maintaining high service levels. With HP CloudSystem, we can implement cloud services for our customers in just one hour compared to 15 days previously.”
The HP CloudSystem-based solution that enables OneAsia’s Hong Kong data center to deliver affordable, flexible cloud services to its customers includes the following:
- HP ProLiant servers, comprising HP ProLiant BL460c G7 and HP ProLiant DL360 G7, provide OneAsia with high performance computing power while reducing costs through space and energy efficiency.
- HP Integrated Lights Out 3 (iLO 3) enables OneAsia to proactively manage the performance of HP ProLiant servers from anywhere.
- HP Virtual Connect Flex-10 10Gb Ethernet Module for BladeSystem c-Class helps OneAsia simplify and make its infrastructure change-ready by reducing cables without adding switches to manage. This allows the company to quickly add, replace and remove servers via one console without affecting network configurations or availability.
- HP EVA supports the company’s vast storage needs without compromising functionality or performance.
New applications available through Cloud8tation that are running on HP Converged Cloud include:
- Central storage for video surveillance files to help clients easily retrieve archived video files from a single secure source rather than many standalone digital video recorders.
- A Security Operations Center that collects, analyzes and correlates data so that security events can be identified and clients alerted in real time.
- Email hosting for Microsoft® Exchange and OneAsia email, offering clients a cost-effective, scalable solution based on the latest technology.
- A Disaster Recovery solution that delivers faster recovery times and multi-site availability at a fraction of the cost of conventional disaster recovery.
The company plans to replicate these applications at its other data center in Singapore.
HP’s premier Europe, Middle East and Africa client event, HP Discover, takes place Dec. 4-6 in Frankfurt, Germany.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2015 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.