HP Helps Midsize Businesses Modernize IT Infrastructure to Support Growing Mobile Use
HONG KONG, Nov. 28, 2012 — HP today announced new products and services that help midsize businesses simplify their IT infrastructure to accelerate business gains from mobile access.
The use of mobile devices in the workplace allows for sophisticated business and process management applications to be accessed remotely ensuring productivity remains consistent regardless of location. However, midsize businesses traditionally have static and fragmented IT infrastructures, making it difficult to rapidly or efficiently respond to infrastructure demands driven by a mobile workforce and virtualized applications.
To simplify IT management for midsize businesses and ease the transition to a modern infrastructure, HP has expanded the HP Converged Infrastructure portfolio with new storage solutions that improve employee productivity by providing secure access to business applications and data via mobile devices. In addition, HP is offering training programs that address midsize businesses’ end-to-end mobility challenges by enabling them to acquire the resources needed to boost business responsiveness in the evolving mobile marketplace, quickly and easily.
“Mobility will soon be a normal part of every midsize businesses’ workplace, as it moves from being used primarily for email to supporting critical business applications such as CRM and sales inventory,” said Robert Anderson, Research VP at Gartner, Inc. “Midsize businesses must align and modernize their existing IT capabilities to take advantage of the business benefits and competitive differentiation mobility brings.”Modernizing storage in a mobile world
Data growth and application demands are evolving as mobility continues to drive an explosion of data and changes the way applications are used and accessed. Midsize businesses need simple, scalable and economical storage platforms that respond to these new requirements, while also supporting dynamic workloads and rapid growth of both structured and unstructured data.
HP is offering new storage solutions that provide scalability, reliability and availability to handle evolving business demands. The new offerings include:
- HP StoreVirtual Storage, based on the HP LeftHand operating system and HP ProLiant Generation 8 (Gen8) technology, is a scale-out storage platform with flexible deployment models to support virtualization requirements. The offering includes features that allow midsize businesses to add physical storage without disruption and the ability to simply move data across virtual or physical storage with just a few clicks, enabling IT to non-disruptively increase storage requirements.
- HP StoreEasy Storage is a single integrated storage solution that supports file and application workloads with built-in deduplication and encryption. Midsize businesses can no longer afford to add “just another file server” to address the explosion of unstructured data from mobile devices. Native Windows® integration enables midsize businesses to immediately configure and manage HP StoreEasy Storage without learning a new proprietary storage management system. HP StoreEasy Storage supports 10,000 users in a three-unit form factor, as well as multiple workloads from a single, consolidated platform that is cost-efficient, highly-secure and reliable.
With access to a broad range of technologies and programs, midsize businesses can simplify IT operations to improve employee productivity. These offerings include:
- The updated HP Client Virtualization SMB Reference Architecture for Citrix VDI-in-a-Box supports 50 percent more users(1) than the previous version. It reduces the cost and complexity of deploying desktop virtualization, allowing employees to securely and remotely access desktops, applications and the company’s server anywhere, anytime from any client device. Critical user data is saved on the server instead of the mobile device, ensuring it is not lost, stolen, damaged or pirated.
- The HP Learning Initiative for Entrepreneurs e-Learning (HP LIFE e-Learning) program provides cloud-based online training sessions at no additional cost, to improve key IT and business skills from anywhere and any device. HP LIFE e-Learning now offers e-mentorship with HP professionals, along with webinars and other relevant resources with emphasis on leveraging mobility to drive growth.
The new HP StoreVirtual Storage 4130 and 4330 models will be available December 5, 2012. HP LeftHand Operating System 10.0 software will be available at no cost to current HP LeftHand P4000 G2 platform clients on December 5, 2012.
The HP StoreEasy Storage system will be available on December 10, 2012.
The HP Client Virtualization SMB Reference Architecture for Citrix VDI-in-a-Box with Citrix Personal vDisk technology is available today.
(1) New tiered storage approach tested in HP and Citrix labs resulted in per-server user support increasing from 50 to 75 users over previous solution.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2015 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.