New HP Solutions Help Telcos Leverage Big Data to Deliver New Subscriber Services
HONG KONG, Jan. 9, 2013 — HP Enterprise Services today announced new solutions that help Communications Service Providers (CSPs)—or telcos—manage, understand and act on massive amounts of information (Big Data) to deliver services to subscribers and improve their satisfaction levels.
Providers that deliver premium content such as video, mobile TV and messaging on top of CSPs’ managed networks have changed the landscape of the communications industry. By leveraging analytics to gain real-time insight into subscriber usage patterns, preferences and interests, CSPs can capitalize on business opportunities and partner more effectively with these new providers.
The new HP Telco Big Data and Analytics support CSPs’ ability to transform the data collected from a variety of sources into actionable intelligence. The solutions provide valuable insight into the subscribers’ experience and preferences.
Comprehensive and contextual insight into subscriber needs enables CSPs to create new products and targeted marketing offers that are designed to improve subscriber satisfaction and retention rates. Additionally, CSPs can use this information to develop new revenue streams and business ventures with content providers and other third parties. Finally, HP Telco Big Data and Analytics provide insight into real-time network conditions, so CSPs can enhance network utilization and address traffic congestion situations.
Leveraging HP Big Data analytics software, as well as HP’s consulting, research, information management and business intelligence experience, HP Telco Big Data and Analytics support CSPs efforts to manage and analyze business-relevant structured and unstructured data.
The following offerings are included in the new portfolio:
- HP Information Optimization Transformation Experience Workshop aligns business and IT leaders on ways to use information to improve business performance, reduce risk and grow subscriber relationships through specific HP Telco Big Data and Analytics implementation priorities.(1)
- HP Smart Profile Server helps CSPs evaluate the vast amounts of data collected daily by their networks and use its insight to deliver new targeted offerings for subscribers, as well as create new revenue streams. This platform for subscriber profile management and analytics leverages a sophisticated analytic algorithms engine and data models, in addition to HP Vertica and HP Autonomy software. The HP Smart Profile Server provides the analytics foundation for HP Actionable Experience Management and HP Ad Personalization.
- HP Actionable Experience Management provides real-time, context-aware insight to the subscriber’s service level. By understanding subscriber behavior and current network conditions, CSPs can take action to improve the subscriber experience in a cost-effective manner. Additionally, CSPs can further monetize network investments and subscriber data with new services.
- HP Ad Experience Personalization can improve effectiveness of personalized mobile advertisements between consumers or in connection with third parties with a rich, contextual subscriber profile.
“CSPs have a wealth of information about their subscribers, including their preferences, their habits and all of their mobile activities, but they need to be able to use this data to generate new offerings and drive growth,” said Bruce Dahlgren, senior vice president and general manager, Enterprise Services, Asia Pacific and Japan, HP. “We have combined HP’s business analytics solution with our deep networking expertise to help CSPs generate the actionable insights they need to propel their organizations into the future.”Availability
HP Telco Big Data and Analytics are available now worldwide.
Additional information is available at www.hp.com/go/TelcoBigData.
(1) The HP Information Optimization Transformation Experience Workshop is available now in the following APJ countries: Australia, Japan, Malaysia & India.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.hk.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations, including execution of growth strategies, transformation initiatives and restructuring plans; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP’s intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; expectations and assumptions relating to the execution and timing of growth strategies, transformation initiatives and restructuring plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended July 31, 2011 and HP’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2010. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2012 Hewlett-Packard Asia Pacific Pte Ltd. Registration No.: 198703164G. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.