HP Extends Converged Cloud Portfolio for Hybrid Delivery Environments
HONG KONG, Jan. 14, 2013 — HP today extended its Converged Cloud portfolio to help customers succeed in a hybrid world, providing the essential foundation of solutions to drive agility, speed innovation and lower costs.
The new cloud solutions span private, managed and public cloud environments. These include:
- HP CloudSystem and HP Cloud Service Automation (CSA) 3.1, which provide both the foundation and the necessary management platform for fast deployment of cloud services.
- HP Continuous Delivery Automation (CDA) 1.1, which fully automates the application release process for cloud applications.
- New and enhanced HP Cloud Services, which offer public cloud services in the areas of compute, storage and application platform as a service.
- Two new industry offerings for Communication Service Providers and manufacturing.
“HP is committed to delivering cloud capabilities that enterprises can rely on,” said Cally Chan, managing director, HP Hong Kong. “Today’s announcements enable customers to more affordably and easily take advantage of the agility of the cloud without jeopardizing their enterprise service level agreements.”New research
New research conducted on behalf of HP(1) supports the need for solutions that span traditional, private, managed and public cloud environments. Respondents in Asia Pacific and Japan indicated that 69 percent of business and IT executives plan to pursue a hybrid delivery model. At the same time, 61 percent are concerned with vendor lock-in, and 72 percent said that portability of workloads between cloud models is important to their cloud implementations.Providing choice in hybrid cloud environments
To ensure that clouds are affordable and easy to deploy, HP has further enhanced the functionality of HP CloudSystem. Based on HP Converged Infrastructure and HP Cloud Service Automation software, the new enhancements enable clients to:
- Manage cloud requirements for cost, security and availability with an open, extensible architecture for heterogeneous IT environments that now include support for Kernel-based Virtual Machines (KVMs) and virtualization technologies from HP, Microsoft and VMware, as well as physical provisioning for server blades.
- Gain instant access to additional capacity and manage uneven service demands on an as-needed, pay-as-you go basis through new HP CloudSystem bursting capabilities.
- Reduce administration time and accelerate development of service offerings with an expanded HP Cloud Maps portfolio that includes 50 new prepackaged application templates. The portfolio now consists of more than 200 templates that allow clients to create customized catalogs of application services ready for push-button deployment.
HP also introduced a new version of HP CSA, which is available as part of HP CloudSystem or standalone. HP CSA 3.1 provides clients with a comprehensive, unified cloud management platform for brokering and managing enterprise-grade applications and infrastructures specifically for cloud services. This new version ensures business continuity with a highly available architecture that continues to operate even in the event of a failure. In addition, it offers greater protection against security threats with HP TippingPoint security solutions. HP CSA speeds time to market of application services for public, private and hybrid cloud environments.
Competitive pressure is driving enterprises to deploy high-quality applications in less time. The new HP CDA 1.1 fully automates the application release process, enabling clients to deliver high-quality applications by eliminating delays traditionally caused by manual hand-offs between teams during the application life cycle.
HP also introduced HP Cloud Solutions for Communication Service Providers (CSPs), which enable CSPs to build and operate public cloud environments for enterprise, small and midsized business (SMB) customers. By transforming into cloud service brokers, CSPs can profitably build, operate and monetize a cloud infrastructure to accelerate the delivery of new services to their business customers while achieving higher retention rates among subscribers.Providing confidence in cloud services consumption
HP has introduced new functionality to HP Cloud Services, the company’s public cloud. These new offerings enable organizations of all sizes to confidently move enterprise-grade production workloads to the cloud. New services and solutions include:
- The general availability of HP Cloud Compute, a pay-as-you-go model that allows users to deploy and customize compute instances on demand.
- The advancement of HP Cloud Block Storage, a storage solution that enables users to easily move data from one compute instance to another, to public beta.
- HP Cloud Application Platform as a Service (PaaS), which enables enterprises, developers and independent software vendors to focus on application development and deployment. Based on the Cloud Foundry Open PaaS project, it supports a multi-application infrastructure along with instant provisioning and deployment through a single click.
- HP Cloud Workload Migration Services, delivered in conjunction with HP’s partner ecosystem, helps users assess, plan and migrate existing production workloads to HP’s public cloud without user disruption.
The newly enhanced HP Global Product Authentication Service (GPAS) allows brand owners to detect, combat and reduce the incidence of counterfeit goods and activities. The cloud-based protection solution for manufacturers provides real-time authentication features and an intuitive web portal with advanced business intelligence capabilities for product verification as well as fraud incidence tracking.
A recording of the HP Discover Frankfurt press conference and additional information about HP’s announcements at its premier client event, HP Discover Frankfurt, are available at www.hp.com/go/HPDiscoverFrankfurt2012.News Advisory
(1) “HP Cloud and Information Optimization,” Coleman Parkes Research, Ltd., October 2012.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2015 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.