- For Home
- For Business
- By industry
- For Home
- For Business
- By industry
Fixed Port L3 Managed Ethernet Switches
HP 3800 Switch Series
Special Offer: Special Offers:
- The HP 3800 Switch Series is a family of nine fully managed Gigabit Ethernet switches available in 24-port and 48-port models, with or without PoE+, and with either SFP+ or 10GBASE-T uplinks. The 3800 Switch Series utilizes the latest HP ProVision ASIC technology and advances in hardware engineering to deliver one of the most resilient and energy-efficient switches in the industry.
Meshed stacking technology is implemented in the HP 3800 Switch Series to deliver chassis-like resiliency in a flexible, stackable form factor.
- OpenFlow: is a key technology that enables software-defined networking by allowing the separation of data (packet forwarding) and control (routing decision) paths
Quality of Service (QoS)
- Advanced classifier-based QoS: classifies traffic using multiple match criteria based on Layer 2, 3, and 4 information; applies QoS policies such as setting priority level and rate limit to selected traffic on a per-port or per-VLAN basis
- Layer 4 prioritization: enables prioritization based on TCP/UDP port numbers
- Class of Service (CoS): sets the IEEE 802.1p priority tag based on IP address, IP Type of Service (ToS), Layer 3 protocol, TCP/UDP port number, source port, and DiffServ
- Bandwidth shaping: Port-based rate limiting: provides per-port ingress-/egress-enforced increased bandwidth. Classifier-based rate limiting: uses an access control list (ACL) to enforce increased bandwidth for ingress traffic on each port. Reduced bandwidth: provides per-port, per-queue egress-based reduced bandwidth.
- Remote intelligent mirroring: mirrors selected ingress/egress traffic based on ACL, port, MAC address, or VLAN to a local or remote HP 8200 zl, 6600, 6200 yl, 5400 zl, 3800, or 3500 Switch anywhere on the network
- Friendly port names: allows assignment of descriptive names to ports
- IEEE 802.1AB Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP): advertises and receives management information from adjacent devices on a network, facilitating easy mapping by network management applications
- Command authorization: leverages RADIUS to link a custom list of CLI commands to an individual network administrator's login; an audit trail documents activity
- Uni-Directional Link Detection (UDLD): monitors a cable between two switches and shuts down the ports on both ends if the cable is broken, turning the bidirectional link into a unidirectional one; this prevents network problems such as loops
- Multiple configuration files: stores easily to the flash image
- Jumbo frames: on Gigabit Ethernet and 10-Gigabit Ethernet ports, jumbo frames allow high-performance remote backup and disaster-recovery services
- IEEE 802.3at Power Over Ethernet Plus (PoE+): provides up to 30 W per port to IEEE 802.3 for devices that use PoE/PoE+, such as video IP phones, IEEE 802.11n wireless access points, and advanced pan/zoom/tilt security cameras
- Prestandard PoE support: detects and provides power to prestandard PoE devices; see list of supported devices in the product FAQs at www.hp.com/networking
- Choice of uplinks: SFP+ uplink models: provide fiber-optic (up to 70 km) or direct attach cable (DAC) connectivity. 10GBASE-T uplink models: offer 10GbE speeds using standard RJ-45 connectors and standard twisted pair cabling up to 100 m.
- Auto-MDIX: automatically adjusts for straight-through or crossover cables on all RJ-45 ports
Primary port type
Maximum number of ports
- Note: Information published at this site may refer to products, programs or services that are not available in your country. Consult your local HP business contact for information regarding the products, programs and services that may be available. *Except where noted, all prices are estimated HP Hong Kong prices solely for the purpose for customer's reference but not otherwise. Actual prices from other locations or websites may vary from location to location and from time to time.