Discover 2013: Customer Needs in the New Style of IT
Customers have always been at the heart of HP, and this commitment is never more evident than at Discover.
Every day, HP helps customers large and small manage complexity in ways no other company can. This week, HP hosted 5,800 customers at Discover Barcelona, and we heard firsthand that most have the same list of needs from a partner:
- Track record. HP has a unique perspective because we helped build the previous IT world, and we’re helping to create the new one. We understand that most companies have one foot in each.
- Breadth of service. We’re unique because we’re equally strong in infrastructure, software and services, from security to big data.
- Commitment to invention and innovation. We’re uniquely qualified because invention and innovation are heritage values for HP. Today, our commitment to investing in R&D is as strong as ever.
- Longevity. Secure financial footing is critical when selecting a long-term vendor. Customers must have confidence that their partner will be around tomorrow – and the day after that. HP is here to stay.
- Deep industry expertise. A partner must understand what makes a variety of customers successful, regardless of size, industry or geography.
As the world undergoes major shifts in technology, selecting the right vendor is no easy task. This New Style of IT promises opportunity, but it also means IT is being challenged in ways that we haven’t seen before. It means new kinds of pressure on businesses and on IT professionals.
Discover attendees learned about comprehensive solutions to the challenges brought on by the New Style of IT. We talked about what’s ahead and how we’ve navigated tough times for customers and the results they’ve seen. HP is the only company with the breadth and depth of innovative products and services to help customers succeed in this new reality. But don’t take our word for it; check out our customer stories to hear directly from them or watch the video below to hear from Enterprise Group EVP and GM Bill Veghte about the New Style of IT.