HP’s Printing Innovation Engine – Full Steam Ahead
Most people know HP as a printer company, perhaps because we’ve shipped more than 200 million HP LaserJet printers since we introduced the first desktop laser printer in 1984. Today, HP has impressive breadth and depth – not just in hardware, but in software and services as well.
When we tell you that innovation is alive and well across our portfolio, we mean it. With today's launch of HP's pioneering new ink-based enterprise printers, our commercial printing team has taken this renewed focus on innovative products and services to heart. Today’s launch also builds on an accelerating print business.
Let’s take a quick look back to October 2012 – when we introduced the HP Officejet Pro X Series for small business (SMB) customers. This device, with HP PageWide Technology, changed the way SMBs viewed ink. Our customers needed a faster, more affordable device, and we seized the opportunity to address that need. Now, HP Officejet represents one-third of HP’s ink sales and two out of three FORTUNE 500® companies purchase HP Officejet Pro devices for their business printing needs (1). Printing is not dead. In fact, the business ink market is growing nine percent (2) and the Total Addressable Market is expected to reach $10 billion by 2016 (3). That’s a huge opportunity for HP.
So we decided to take Ink in the Office a step further and bring that speed, cost-savings and reliability to the enterprise (companies with 1,000 or more employees). Today's announcement reflects the industry’s first ink devices designed to truly meet the complex needs of today’s large businesses. The HP Officejet Enterprise Color MFP X585 and HP Officejet Enterprise Color X555 are enterprise-ready, with tested durability to handle the rigorous printing demands of enterprise businesses. These devices include:
- Durability to withstand high print volumes;
- Faster print speeds at up to half the cost of lasers;
- High-quality, professional print output; and
- Access to enterprise software and solutions to address the New Style of IT.
Our printing business is thriving as a result of HP’s commitment to understanding, addressing and going beyond customer demands. With a strong business printing portfolio – from devices for the smallest of SMBs to the largest of enterprises – we’re excited for what the future holds.
Want To Learn More?
Hear more about our innovation story and click here www.hp.com/go/GlobalPartnerConference2014 to read the latest news out of HP and our Printing business.
(1) Based on HP Internal sales data from Fall 2010 through Summer 2013 to FORTUNE 500 companies as listed in September 2013. Claim not confirmed by FORTUNE or Time Inc. FORTUNE 500 is a registered trademark of Time Inc. and is used under License. FORTUNE, Time Inc., and companies on the FORTUNE 500 lists are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Hewlett-Packard.
(2) INKJET vs. LASER. A BLI whitepaper, July 2013
(3) Based on HP Internal data