HP Launches Imaging and Printing Offerings to Enhance Efficiency for Businesses of All Sizes
SHANGHAI -- HP today announced 15 new imaging and printing products, services and solutions with enhanced productivity tools, new security solutions and expanded mobility offerings to enable businesses of all sizes to capture, connect and communicate more securely and efficiently.
The new offerings include:
- A new HP Officejet printer, four new HP LaserJet printers and an HP Scanjet providing small and medium businesses (SMB) and enterprise customers professional-quality documents and fast print speeds, along with the ability to extend the office beyond its physical location.
- Ten new and enhanced workflow solutions, applications and security offerings to increase efficiency, improve business processes and help businesses control and secure information-management processes.
- HP Digital Workflow Integration Services, an extension of HP Managed Print Services, which deliver powerful solution capabilities resulting in access to information by integrating back-end systems for real-time business-process optimization, and providing customers a single point of contact to manage the engagement.
“HP is overhauling our entire line of MFPs and today begins an onslaught of intelligent new web-enabled, cloud-enabled and solutions-enabled printing devices that meet the evolving business needs of our customers,” said Ron Coughlin, senior vice president and general manager, LaserJet and Enterprise Solutions, HP.” By combining the strength of an innovative product portfolio, cloud capabilities, industry-leading management tools and a broad range of solutions, HP can meet the unique information management, workflow and printing needs of the smallest SMB up to the largest enterprise better than anyone else.”
Improve flexibility with new printing and scanning products
The HP Officejet 150 Mobile All-in-One is the world’s first mobile all-in-one printer(1) and an ideal companion for business professionals who need a compact, durable solution for printing, scanning and copying while on the go. It features built-in wireless Bluetooth® for printing from select notebooks and smartphones, and a long-lasting lithium-ion battery that provides enough power to print up to 500 pages on a full charge.
The HP LaserJet Pro 400 M401 is HP’s new web-connected mono single-function laser printer, and the HP LaserJet Pro 400 MFP M425 is the company’s first web-connected mono laser multifunction printer (MFP). Both feature advanced connectivity that meets the expanding needs of fast-paced SMB environments, including support for all HP ePrint(2) solutions with new wireless direct capability, and support for Apple™ AirPrint(3) and Google CloudPrint, which allow employees to easily print from their smartphone or tablet from virtually anywhere.(2) In addition, the 3.5-inch touchscreen control panel allows users to manage print functions and access business applications directly from the device.
The high-quality color HP LaserJet Enterprise 500 color MFP M575 and the black-and-white HP LaserJet Enterprise 500 MFP M525 feature a larger 8-inch, full-color touchscreen with HP Quick Sets for one-touch workflows. HP Quick Sets include send-to options directly on the control panel and allow users to preview, edit and zoom images for accurate results. HP FutureSmart 2 firmware enables businesses to simplify software updates and centrally manage tasks across their entire fleet with HP Web Jetadmin. The MFPs also support HP ePrint,(2) Apple AirPrint(3) and Google CloudPrint. HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology automatically turns the printer off when not in use, resulting in reduced energy use.(4)
HP printers are designed to work with Original HP supplies as a finely tuned print system that delivers high-quality text and true-to-life color documents with every page printed. Designed for optimal performance with minimal environmental impact, Original HP supplies offer superior reliability, which reduces the need to reprint, and many cartridges are made from recycled plastic.
The HP Scanjet Enterprise 7000 s2 has a compact desktop design with HP Precision Feed and AccuPage technologies to offer flawless and efficient performance, while the ability to “Scan to Sharepoint” and “Scan to Cloud” extends its capabilities beyond the desktop.
Manage information with HP Workflow Solutions
New mobile printing solutions include HP ePrint Software,(5) which enables PC printing to HP ePrinters at home or at work, and to HP ePrint Public Print Locations (PPL) when workers are on the go. The new HP Printer Control app enables users to manage device settings and supplies, and print, copy and scan wirelessly to the new HP ePrint-enabled printers. HP ePrint App for Apple and BlackBerry® enhances and replaces the popular HP ePrint Home & Biz App to enable users to more easily print from a smartphone or tablet, and receive intelligent recommendations on where to send prints.(1) The Universal Email Address for HP ePrint PPLs allow HP’s large PPL network to publish and promote a single email address for mobile print jobs. Any end user connected to the internet with an email-capable device can send a print job to the email address and retrieve the print job at any of the PPLs.
To simplify workflows, HP Capture and Route provides a cost-effective way to digitize information so customers can find and retrieve documents faster than ever before. The HP Capture and Route solution enables users to easily convert paper documents into a variety of digital formats—including Microsoft® Word .doc and .docx, JPG, PDF, RTF and TIF—making it one-button simple to route information where it is needed.
HP and Kofax Communication Server is a centralized communications platform designed to ensure reliable exchange of business-critical messages among applications, devices and people. Additionally, customers can identify, track and log senders and recipients of incoming and outgoing email, SMS, MMS, voice and fax.
To ease manageability of the printing infrastructure, HP Jetdirect 2700w USB Wireless Print Server provides high-speed wireless printing plus advanced enterprise-class security, enabling customers to place printers wherever needed, without wires,(6) while HP Web Jetadmin 10.3 provides enhanced performance, improved workflow management and additional device support for more control and ease of use. This fleet-management application is available at no additional cost, and is used for installing, configuring, troubleshooting and managing networked and PC-connected MFPs, printers and scanners.
Improve peace of mind with HP Security Solutions
Printing security is simplified with HP Imaging and Printing Security Center, an industry first in security management(7) that provides policy-based security for HP printing fleets, and now includes broader HP enterprise device support, enhanced fleet risk reporting, improved usability and HP Instant-On Security, which helps secure devices as soon as they are added to the network. The solution is now available for purchase through HP Managed Enterprise Solutions and HP Partner Document Solutions Specialists.
In addition, HP Access Control Printing Solutions has newly added features, including server-less pull printing, which can lower costs; dual-factor authentication, which adds an additional level to safeguard; and the ability to send jobs via email, which increases productivity. Now HP Access Control Printing Solutions are even easier to purchase via an Express or Professional bundle or modularly, and they offer secure print authentication and job accounting designed to help provide secure access to printing devices and information.
Pricing and availability(8)
- The HP Officejet 150 Mobile All-in-One is priced at $399 and is expected to begin shipping in June.
- The HP LaserJet Pro 400 M401n, M401dn and M401dw are priced $299, $399 and $499, respectively, and are expected to be available worldwide on June 1.
- The HP LaserJet Pro 400 MFP M425dn and M425dw are priced at $499 and $529, respectively, and are expected to be available worldwide on June 1.
- The HP LaserJet Enterprise 500 MFP M525dn is priced at $1,799. The HP LaserJet Enterprise 500 MFP M525f is priced at $2,099. Both are expected to be available worldwide on June 1.
- The HP LaserJet Enterprise 500 color MFP M575dn starts at $2,299. The HP LaserJet Enterprise 500 color MFP M575f is priced at $2,699. Both are expected to be available worldwide June 1.
- The HP Scanjet Enterprise 7000 s2 is priced at $1,099 and is available worldwide immediately.
- HP solutions and services pricing and availability varies by company size and region.
For more information on today’s announcements, please visit www.hp.com/go/ppsinfluencersummit2012
HP’s premier client event, HP Discover, takes place June 4-7 in Las Vegas.
(1) Based on market research of comparable A4 mobile inkjet printers less than $500 as of September 2011.
(2) Requires an internet connection to the printer. Feature works with any connected internet- and email-capable device. Requires HP Web Services Account Registration. Print times may vary. Some HP LaserJet printers may require a firmware upgrade. A list of supported documents and image types is available at www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter. A list of additional solutions is available at www.hp.com/go/mobile-printing-solutions.
(3) Supports the following devices running iOS 4.2 or later: iPad, iPad 2, iPhone (3GS or later), iPod touch (third generation or later). Works with HP AirPrint-enabled printers and requires the printer be connected to the same network as the iOS device. Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from the access point.
(4) HP Auto-On/Auto-Off capabilities subject to printer and settings; may require a firmware upgrade.
(5) Requires software installation, an internet or direct wireless connection, and HP Web Services Account Registration. Accounts can be created at www.hp.com/go/eprintercenter. Print times may vary. HP ePrint Software works with Microsoft Windows®, Windows XP, Windows Vista® 32-and 64-bit versions, Windows 7 32- and 64-bit versions, or Mac® OS X® 10.5 and 10.6. Software download is available at www.hp.com/go/eprintmobiledriver. Use of HP ePrint Software at HP ePrint Public Print Locations (PPLs) requires separately purchased wireless internet service. Availability and cost of printing varies by PPL. Wireless direct printing requires the printer to be wireless-enabled and in range of the PC. Some HP LaserJet printers may require a firmware upgrade.
(6) Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from access point.
(7) Based on an HP assessment of printer manufacturer security offerings in market as of Nov. 1, 2011.
(8) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
Bluetooth is a trademark owned by its proprietor and used by Hewlett-Packard Company under license. AirPrint, the AirPrint Logo, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Microsoft is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation. The BlackBerry and RIM families of related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive properties and trademarks of Research In Motion Limited. RIM, Research In Motion and BlackBerry are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and may be pending or registered in other countries. RIM assumes no obligations or liability and makes no representation, warranty, endorsement or guarantee in relation to any aspect of any third party products or service. Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations, including execution of cost reduction programs and restructuring and integration plans; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; expectations and assumptions relating to the execution and timing of cost reduction programs and restructuring and integration plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended January 31, 2012 and HP's other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2011. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2012 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2015 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.