- For Home
- For Business
Business Class Libraries
HP StoreEver MSL Tape Libraries
Special Offer: Special Offers:
- The HP StoreEver MSL Tape Libraries meet demanding storage requirement of businesses needing unattended backup, disaster recovery, or archive capability. The MSL Libraries offer a broad choice of storage capacity and interfaces with LTO-6, LTO-5, LTO-4, or LTO-3 Ultrium tape drives.
Web-based remote management makes the MSL Libraries easily managed from across the room or across the globe, eliminating the need for remote office IT staff. Quickly and simply manage the tape media both in and out of the library with the standard bar code reader, configurable mail slots, and multiple 12-slot removable magazines.
If a tape were lost or stolen, protect important business data from unauthorized access with the library-based encryption option. Library investment and uncertain data growth are easily managed with MSL accessory kits.
Quickly increase capacity and/or performance with tool-free drive upgrades, slot license capacity upgrades, or library expandability.
- HP StoreEver MSL libraries are now available with LTO-6 Ultrium 6250 Fibre Channel and SAS tape drives which more than double the capacity and improve performance by 44% over LTO-5 libraries
- LTO-6 drives also have a new hibernation feature that lowers idle power when there is no cartridge present.
- Compliance with the Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS2) directive
Easy to Manage and Use
- LTFS provides a self-describing file system on a HP LTO-5 cartridge, which enables the combined archiving benefits of application independence, transportability and protection from obsolescence.
- HP StoreOpen Automation is a free downloadable application that extends the LTFS capability to HP Autoloaders, HP StoreEver MSL and StoreEver ESL Tape Libraries.
- MSL Tape Libraries allow you to manage, configure and use the library from across the room or across the globe with the HP unique web-based remote management and diagnostics.
- Proactively monitor utilization, operational performance, and overall life and health of the drives and media with TapeAssure.
- HP StoreEver MSL Tape Libraries easily manage your media both in or out of the tape library with a standard bar code reader and multiple 12-slot removable magazines.
Protection and Flexibility
- Native encryption on LTO-6, LTO-5 or LTO-4 MSL Libraries provide the highest level of security for strong backup data privacy to secure confidential information and address compliance regulations. The MSL Encryption Kit will provide secure keys to protect your backup independent of ISV application.
- HP StoreEver MSL Tape Libraries offer a wide range of capacity points from 9.6 TB to 600 TB of compressed storage capacity in a variety of rack ready form factors.
- HP StoreEver MSL Tape Libraries easily increase capacity and performance with tool-free drive kits or slot license upgrades. Leverage the investment in an MSL2024, 4048, 8048, or 8096 Tape Library by adding a second library to manage as a single, larger library using the MSL Library Extender.
- HP StoreEver MSL Tape Libraries offer various interface options for maximum flexibility when installing the tape library into a SCSI, SAS or SAN environment.
- MSL Tape Libraries work with industry-leading servers, operating systems and backup software including HP Data Protector software. For more information, see HP Enterprise Backup Solutions.
- You can add an optional second power supply for increased system reliability and up-time on the MSL4048, MSL8048, or MSL8096 Tape Library.
- Long term data archiving with a specified 30 year media shelf life in normal ambient conditions.
- Drive type:
- LTO-6 Ultrium 6250
- LTO-5 Ultrium 3280
- LTO-5 Ultrium 3000
- LTO-4 Ultrium 1840
- LTO-4 Ultrium 1760
- LTO-3 Ultrium 960
- (4) Maximum supported, depending on model
- 600TB Compressed 2.5:1
- 240TB Native
- Maximum, depending on model and drive type
- Host interface:
- 8 Gb Fibre Channel or
- 4 Gb Fibre Channel or
- 6 Gb/sec SAS or
- 3 Gb/sec SAS
- Ultra320 LVD SCSI
- Transfer rate:
- 5.76 TB/hr
- Maximum, depending on model
- Number of cartridge slots:
- 24, 48, 96; Depending on model
- Encryption capability:
- AES 256-bit
- NOTE: For Ultrium 6250, 3280, 3000, 1840 or 1760 drives
- Form factor:
- 2U-8U, Depending on model
Rate & Review HP StoreEver MSL Tape Libraries
(0.0 average / 0 RATINGS / 0 RECOMMENDS)
Your review has been submitted. Please note that your review may need to be reviewed and may not post immediately Sorry, your review can't be submitted. Please, try again later. rate & write a review
- Note: Information published at this site may refer to products, programs or services that are not available in your country. Consult your local HP business contact for information regarding the products, programs and services that may be available.