HP Unveils Expanded Enterprise Security Solutions for the Instant-On Enterprise
PALO ALTO, Calif. -- HP today announced its expanded Enterprise Security Solutions portfolio, designed to help enterprises establish and execute a comprehensive security strategy that addresses threats and potential liabilities resulting from the rise of mobility, cloud computing and social media.
Cyberthreats have become more sophisticated, persistent and unpredictable. New research conducted on behalf of HP demonstrates that the volume and complexity of security threats has continued to escalate.(1) More than 50 percent of senior business and technology executives surveyed believe that security breaches within their organizations have increased during the last year. Nearly 30 percent responded that they experienced a security breach by unauthorized internal access, while 20 percent responded that they had experienced an external breach.
Faced with these challenges, organizations need to establish a more sustainable approach to managing security and risk. The HP Enterprise Security Solutions framework addresses this need by delivering overarching information security management capabilities coupled with modern security operations centers and technologies that provide actionable security intelligence.
The expanded portfolio includes new capabilities to help enterprises assess, transform, manage and optimize their security investments.
“Organizations today are quickly realizing the importance of a comprehensive risk management strategy to securing assets across their corporate infrastructures and protecting corporate reputation,” said Jan Zadak, executive vice president, Global Sales and Enterprise Marketing, HP. “HP’s extended security portfolio provides the protection that enterprises require, while providing customers, employees, partners and consumers with instant access to the right enterprise assets without compromising risk.”
Assessing security environments to identify and prioritize risks
HP is now offering a one-day Enterprise Security Discovery Workshop based on the HP Enterprise Security Solutions framework, which enables clients to identify the interaction required between information management and security operations. The workshop helps clients understand their organizations’ vulnerabilities to external and internal threats, identify the critical success factors for a secure enterprise, and create tailored transformation programs based on best practices.
In addition, HP released the HP Digital Vaccine Labs’ (DVLabs) Cyber Security Risks Report, which offers clients a detailed look at vulnerability, threat and attack data for the first half of 2011. This semiannual report helps enterprises to understand the threat landscape so they can assess and adjust their security postures.
By combining market-leading capabilities from ArcSight, an HP company; Fortify, an HP company; and HP TippingPoint, HP has established a foundation for the unified approach to enterprise security. The HP Security Intelligence and Risk Management platform offers advanced correlation, application protection and network defense technology to protect applications and IT infrastructures from sophisticated cyberthreats.
Supported by a wide network of partners, the platform helps organizations reduce risk from existing infrastructures, provide security testing and remediation for existing applications, and establish a foundation to deploy future systems within a secure environment.
To help clients use this transformational approach to risk management, HP announced a full complement of new risk- and security-related offerings:
- HP ArcSight Express 3.0 delivers market-leading correlation, log management and user-activity monitoring to improve an organization’s ability to rapidly detect and prevent cyberthreats. It is the first Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) product powered by the breakthrough Correlation Optimized Retention and Retrieval Engine (CORR-Engine).
- HP Reputation Security Monitor provides HP ArcSight clients with an advanced, real-time list of known bad IP and DNS addresses to combat attacks that exploit web application vulnerabilities.
- HP Fortify Software Security Center suite is the only comprehensive application security testing solution available on-premises or on-demand that scales to identify vulnerabilities in thousands of applications.
- HP TippingPoint Web Application Digital Vaccine (WebAppDV) 2.0 service extends protection to commercial and custom-built online applications with real-time identification of vulnerabilities in web applications, and delivery of virtual patches until a fix can be developed. The updated WebAppDV 2.0 filters with Adaptive Web Application Firewall (WAF) Technology help discriminate between normal network activity and malicious traffic. HP also offers advanced protection and simplified migration from open source-based IPS solutions with the Digital Vaccine Toolkit (DVToolkit) 2.0 for Snort® as well as improved transparency into the state of a security environment with the HP TippingPoint Reporting and Archiving powered by Logger software.
Managing security transformation
To help organizations manage their security transformation programs, adopt the best security technologies and choose from flexible sourcing models, HP also introduced new Enterprise Services:
- HP Information Security Management (ISM) services deliver a comprehensive approach to managing security policies and processes, enabling clients to make informed security decisions and minimize risks.
- HP Enterprise Cloud Service (ECS) - End Point Threat Management protects desktop and notebook PCs and servers against viruses, malware, spyware and intrusions by blocking unauthorized communication and preventing installation of unwanted programs.
- HP Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) services collect and log security-relevant events to provide a unified view of the security activity across an enterprise as well as generating predefined reports to demonstrate compliance with policies and regulations.
- HP Application Security Testing-as-a-Service identifies and closes security vulnerabilities in the application layer with code scanning and web penetration services that reduce the risk, time and investment needed to deliver software security assurance.
Optimize with continually monitoring to identify improvements
HP Secure Boardroom is a comprehensive, enterprise-level online portal that combines existing sources of security data into one central system. Senior-level executives and CIOs are provided greater insight and actionable information that facilitates business-led strategic investment and management decisions.
HP gives Instant-On Enterprises the power to protect data, defend resources, manage risk and drive innovation. More information about HP’s new solutions and services is available at www.hp.com/go/risk2011.
HP’s premier client event, HP DISCOVER, takes place Nov. 29 - Dec. 1 in Vienna, Austria. The event showcases how organizations can get started on their Instant-On Enterprise journeys.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure at the convergence of the cloud and connectivity, creating seamless, secure, context-aware experiences for a connected world. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) "HP Research: Enterprise Risk," Coleman Parkes Research Ltd., July 2011.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the achievement of expected operational and financial results; and other risks that are described in HP’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended April 30, 2011 and HP’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2010. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2011 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. With the broadest technology portfolio spanning printing, personal systems, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP delivers solutions for customers’ most complex challenges in every region of the world. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com