With the SIM and Device Management solution, HPE covers the complete cycle of new device introduction within the CSP’s network being 2G/3G or 4G, from provisioning and managing new SIMs including Embedded UICC (eUICC), MSISDN number and IMSI profile, to checking the compliancy of mobile devices attaching to networks for both consumer and Internet Of Things (IoT) devices and managing consumer’s devices and their capabilities.
SIM and Embedded UICC Management
The SIM and Embedded UICC (eUICC) Management solution is fully integrated in the HPE Dynamic SIM Management and delivers a complete framework to manage the specifics of Mobile/Consumer SIMs and M2M SIMs with an end to end Subscription Manager compliant to Remote Provisioning System related GSMA standards. Seamless mobile connectivity is paving the way for smart cities and homes and today’s SIM card and their management must change to fit the M2M ecosystem.
Mobile Device Compliance
The Mobile Device Compliance solution enables both mobile operators via the Equipment Identity Register (EIR) and telecom regulators via Central or National EIR (C-EIR or N-EIR) to allow or block network access to mobile devices on their own networks or at a country level depending on their level of compliancy.
Mobile Device Management
The Mobile Device Management solution integrates standards-based hardware, HPE Intellectual Property, and selected best-in-class partner software in a proven reference architecture encompassing automated device detection and configuration of value added services such as RCS and new IMS services like VoLTE.
The set of HPE solutions gives CSPs and Telecom Regulators the capability to:
- Reduce operational costs
- Limit churn
- Improve service uptake
- Personalize the service activation process
- Quickly roll out new services that are key concerns today
- Validate that mobile devices comply with appropriate legal framework.
HPE Dynamic SIM Provisioning
The HPE Dynamic SIM Provisioning (HPE DSP) is used to decrease the cost associated with inactive or sleeping SIM cards in inventory while building a control point. The following optional components are also available:
- HPE SIM Detector that detects mobile devices equipped with new subscriptions/SIMs that need to be activated on the fly and trigger the HPE DSP for provisioning/allocating resources only when needed.
- HPE SIM Updater that builds secured Over the Air (OTA) commands when there is a need to update the parameters on the SIM card and/or manage applications.
- HPE Connectivity Management Platform implements a self-serviced and automated management of the M2M SIM subscriptions via a secured set of APIs for B2B customers. It has capabilities to create and enforce differentiated subscription packages to meet the specific needs of M2M B2B subscribers.
- HPE Embedded UICC Subscription Manager supports two functions defined by GSMA:
- Subscription Manager Data Preparation (SM-DP): This is the entity which operators will use to securely encrypt their operator credentials ready for over the air installation within the SIM.
- Subscription Manager Secure Routing (SM-SR): This entity will securely deliver the encrypted operator credentials to the SIM and then, once the credentials are installed, will remotely manage the SIM thereafter.
HPE Advanced Device Management Engine is a comprehensive business process solution for automation of real-time sensitive business processes in the mobile device management domain. The following add-on modules are powerful marketing tools that help roll out new services, packages, and devices:
- HPE Automatic Device Detection enables real-time capture of triplets (IMEI/IMSI/MSISDN) to track the subscriber and handset population and to be aware of any changes within the pairs—device or subscriber, for example, when a subscriber is upgrading the device.
- HPE Equipment Identity Register delivers the core functionality—as defined in ETSI and 3GPP standards—of allowing or denying network access to a specific device based on its IMEI and the flag attached to it in its database.
- HPE Campaign Manager, an optional marketing module, provides the means to create bulk operations or campaigns for a defined set of devices. The campaign’s target devices are passed as parameters or uploaded in a flat file that can be reused as many times as needed.
HPE Central Equipment Identity Register can help Telecom Regulators to implement laws and gain greater insights into their country device population for combating handset theft, cloning, counterfeit and grey market issues.