HP covers the complete cycle of new device introduction within the CSP’s network. For example, provisioning and managing new SIM, number and profile with Dynamic SIM Provisioning (DSP), and Dynamic SIM Management (DSM), for both consumer and M2M devices. Or managing consumers’ devices and their capabilities with Mobile Device Management (MDM).
Management of Devices (MoD) solutions, combining Dynamic SIM Provisioning (DSP) and Mobile Device Management (MDM):
- Assist service providers in their initiatives to reduce operational costs
- Limit churn
- Improve service uptake
- Enable you to quickly roll out new services that are key concerns today
Being able to push-to-market large volumes of SIM cards is a competitive advantage for service providers is a means to win market share and deliver marketing plans. The DSP Solution is used to decrease the cost associated with the inactive SIM cards in inventory while building a control point.
Doing so delivers efficiency and flexibility in the SIM Supply Chain. Starting with the dynamic MSISDN allocation deferred to the time of SIM card activation and leveraging on an open, scalable and modular architecture that adapts to the need, and roadmap of service providers. DSP is all the more relevant to M2M where the CSP level of control on the SIM lifecycle is significantly reduced.
The need for self-service management becomes more and more critical as the M2M market grows and the number of small to medium M2M vendors requesting SIM Cards and other services increases. Operators do not have the structure and bandwidth to deal with all of these very different customers – they need automated processes and self-service solutions to reduce their operating expenditures (OPEX).
The HP DSM solution provides self-service and automated management of the M2M SIM subscriptions with capabilities to create and enforce differentiated subscription packages to meet the specific needs of M2M subscribers. The HP DSM solution includes:
- A self-care system for M2M customers to independently manage the M2M SIM subscriptions
- An SOA based workflow engine for enabling rapid development and deployment of automated M2M provisioning flows and quick integration with service provider systems
- An administrative interface for service providers to manage the M2M business
The MDM Solution integrates standards-based hardware, HP Intellectual Property, and selected best-in-class partner software in a proven reference architecture encompassing everything from automated device detection and configuration to firmware OTA. The main benefits of MDM are:
- Lower call-center costs
- Reduce churn with real-time insight into the handset population dynamic
- Enable easier new service adoption
In addition, the Management of Devices Solution (MDM) is available as part of the HP Applications and Cloud Enablement (HP ACE) for Device Management-as-a-Service (DMaaS) solution.