- For Home
- For Business
- Offer a broader range of outdoor and indoor applications, including temporary textiles1. Achieve faster turnaround times with prints that come out dry, ready to use or for finishing. Get accurate unattended, double-sided printing2.
- Ideal for digital print and sign shops, as well as copy shops and photo labs, which want to diversify and grow their business with high quality outdoor and indoor applications.
Seize your share of the growing temporary textiles market with unrivalled application versatility3
- Grow your business: print on a broader range of materials including vinyl, fabrics1, paper, film and low-cost uncoated options.
- Meet client needs for sharp, vivid indoor and outdoor signs, from POP displays and retail banners to tradeshow signs and interior decoration.
- Produce vehicle wraps with the 3M™ MCS™ Warranty4 with HP Latex Inks that outperform eco-solvent inks, and create long-lasting outdoor signage with better durability5.
- HP Latex Inks produce 1200 dpi prints with rich, lustrous blacks and glossy results.
Experience easy, convenient printing.
- Improve job turnaround time and take on more rush jobs: prints are dry and ready to laminate, finish or use without an external dryer.
- Print double-sided2 banners with less intervention, and accurate, automated registration.
- Take advantage of increased uptime thanks to easy, automatic, reliable, low-maintenance printing and user-replaceable printheads.
- Monitor and control your business remotely: use proactive alerts and accurate cost reporting to minimise interruptions and provide price quotes.
Win new business from environment-minded customers.
- Improve the work environment: unlike most eco-solvent inks, non-flammable8 water-based HP Latex Inks need no special ventilation9, or hazard warning label.
- Attract environmentally-conscious customers – offer recyclable HP media6 and provide odourless prints7 ideal for indoor display areas.
- Return and recycle supplies through HP's free, recycling programme10, and improve ink efficiency11.
- Choose a printing system that is an industry leader in environmental certifications and awards.
1 For best results, print on media that does not let the ink transfer onto the printer. Performance may vary depending on media. Please consult your media supplier for compatibility details.
2 For best results use media options intended for double-sided printing.
3 The HP Latex 260 Printer produces an extremely broad range of both outdoor and indoor applications from a single device, which surpasses the number of different applications that traditional eco-solvent printers or water-based printers can produce.
4 The 3M™ MCS™ Warranty is available to certified Graphics Manufacturers. For more information on registration and qualification requirements, refer to 3Mgraphics.com, or contact your 3M representative.
5 Durability comparison based on testing of representative eco-solvent inks including eco-sol Max inks on Avery SA vinyl for display permanence and scratch, rub/abrasion, and chemical resistance. HP image permanence and scratch, smudge, and water resistance estimates by HP Image Permanence Lab on a range of media including HP printing materials. See www.hp.com/go/supplies/printpermanence
6 HP Large-format Media take-back programme availability varies. Some recyclable HP papers can be recycled through commonly available recycling programmes. Recycling programmes may not exist in your area. See www.hp.com/recycle for details.
7 Some substrates may have inherent odour.
8 HP water-based Latex Inks are not classified as flammable or combustible liquids under the USDOT or international transportation regulations. These materials have been tested per the Pensky-Martins Closed Cup method and the flash point is greater than 110° C.
9 Special ventilation is not required to meet U.S. OSHA requirements on occupational exposure to VOCs from HP Latex Inks. Special ventilation equipment installation is at the discretion of the customer – no specific HP recommendation is intended. Customers should consult state and local requirements and regulations.
10 Visit www.hp.com/recycle to see how to participate and for HP Planet Partners programme availability; programme may not be available in your area. Where this programme is not available, consult the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) available at www.hp.com/go/ecodata to determine appropriate disposal.
11 Per internal HP testing based on the amount of ink used during the recommended ink maintenance routines comparing the HP Latex Ink printing system to certain eco-solvent ink systems.
- Print Speed
- 22.8 m²/hr (4-pass bidirectional), 16.5 m²/hr (6-pass bidirectional), 10.6 m²/hr (8-pass bidirectional), 9 m²/hr (10-pass bidirectional), 7.6 m²/hr (12-pass bidirectional), 6.3 m²/hr (16-pass bidirectional)
- Print quality color (best):
- Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Print technology:
- HP Thermal Inkjet
- Compatible ink types:
- HP Latex Inks
- Number of print cartridges:
- 6 (1 each cyan, magenta, yellow, black, light cyan, light magenta)
- Print heads:
- 6 (2 x yellow/black, 2 x cyan/light cyan, 2 x light magenta/magenta)
- Print head nozzles:
- Finished output handling:
- Roll feed
- take-up reel
- automatic cutter (for vinyl, paper-based media, backlit polyester film, and thin banners)
- Media types:
- mesh (liner used with porous media)
- Non-printable area (roll media):
- 5 x 5 x 5 x 5 mm
- Roll maximum input:
- Media width, maximum:
- 1549 mm
- Roll maximum weight:
- 40 kg
- Roll external diameter:
- 180 mm
- Media thickness:
- Up to 0.5 mm
Dimensions and weight
Dimensions and weight
- Minimum dimensions (W x D x H):
- 2465 x 690 x 1370 mm
- Package dimensions (W x D x H):
- 2690 x 815 x 1200 mm
- 202 kg
- Operating temperature range:
- 15 to 30°C
- Operating humidity range:
- 20 to 80% RH (non-condensing)
- Acoustic pressure emissions:
- 57 dB(A), 49.5 dB(A) (standby)
- Acoustic pressure emissions (standby):
- 49.5 dB(A)
- Acoustic power emissions:
- 7.5 B(A), 5.5 B(A) (standby)
- Acoustic power emissions (standby):
- 5.5 B(A)
- Power consumption
- 4.8 kW (maximum); 2.7 kW (printing); 50 watts (powersave)
- ENERGY STAR® qualified:
- Environmental certification:
- ENERGY STAR®
- EU RoHS
- Energy efficiency:
- ENERGY STAR® qualified
- What's in the box:
- HP Latex 260 Printer; printheads; printhead cleaning kit; ink maintenance kit; cleaning container; Original HP sample media; printer stand; take-up reel; loading accessory; edge holder; waste management diverter; user maintenance kit; maintenance guide; setup poster; documentation software; power cords
- One-year limited hardware warranty; 8-hour, 5 days a week phone support. Warranty and support options vary by product, country and local legal requirements.
- Eco Highlights
• Water-based HP Latex Inks – no special ventilation required, no hazard warning labels, no HAPs.
• HP Latex Inks achieved UL Sustainable Product Certification; Eco Mark-Certified cartridges.
• GREENGUARD Children & Schools CertifiedSM HP Latex Inks; produce odourless prints.
• Reduce your impact – print using a range of recyclable HP media.
 Special ventilation is not required to meet U.S. OSHA requirements on occupational exposure to VOCs from HP Latex Inks. Special ventilation equipment installation is at the discretion of the customer – no specific HP recommendation is intended. Customers should consult state and local requirements and regulations. Contains no Hazardous Air Pollutants according to EPA Method 311.
 Certification under the UL Environmental Standard for Sustainability for Printing Inks (UL 2801) demonstrates that an ink meets a range of stringent criteria related to human health and environmental considerations. Referred to as CCD-040, an EcoLogo® standard, in Canada. Learn more at ul.com/environment. HP 792 Latex Designjet Ink Cartridges, certification number 11 142 004, certified by the Eco Mark Office of Japan Environment Association.
 HP PVC-free Wall Paper printed with HP Latex Inks is GREENGUARD Children & Schools Certified® and meets AgBB criteria for health-related evaluation of VOC emissions of indoor building products.
 See greenguard.org. Some substrates may have inherent odour.
 HP Large-format Media take-back programme availability varies. Recycling programmes may not exist in your area. See www.hp.com/recycle for details.
• Please recycle your computing hardware and printing supplies. Find out how at our website.
- Please check the product specifications under Datasheet/Documents. If the product is in compliance with EN 55022 Class A, use of the product in residential areas may cause (under unfavourable conditions) interference to TV/radio reception.
HP is committed to providing our customers with information about the chemical substances in our products as needed to comply with legal requirements such as REACH (Regulation EC No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council). A chemical information report for this product can be found at: www.hp.com/go/reach.